shah269

Hochimin and Shenzhen

OK......
Any one been and say you and 6 of your close friends has a few nights off in either city, what would you do, not do and do again and take pictures?

Extra points given for mechanical bulls and brass poles. :)
Points deducted if her hands are bigger than mine! :P
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

So you guys got nothing? Really?
Shucks! I hate going on these kind of trips with people who are affraid to try new foods. Oh well I guess I'll have to read up and see what the locals eat and what they do for fun.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

There's such a wealth of information about the rocking night life in these places, I'm kinda shocked - yes, shocked, that you're not inundated with replies from all the skydivers on these boards.

Anyhow, while you're in Ho, you can always visit the Jane Fonda Anti-aircraft Museum.

Anyhow, while you're in Ho, you can always visit the Jane Fonda Anti-aircraft Museum.

I will be there for my 34th birthday and intend to get one photo of me on one of those things!

I googled for infor and it all sounds like good fun. But it's mostly cultural issues and the usual travel info. I would really like to know what's good to eat. Seeing that their food is Asian / French fusion it should be amazing! But most of the infro I seem to find is all about shopping.

I wouldn't go to either place. I'd go to Fucking Austria.

I wanted to go to Brazil. But it's a part of my EMBA program. So no choice! But we get to stay in some nice hotels.

There's such a wealth of information about the rocking night life in these places, I'm kinda shocked - yes, shocked, that you're not inundated with replies from all the skydivers on these boards.

I think that one... is up Hanoi way in the North;)

Sorry I got nuthin.. I think the place might have changed a tad since 1973:ph34r:

That whole re-education thing ya know.

At least they did not totally nut up like the Cambodians did over on the other side of the border.:S:S:S

funny thing you google strip club + hochmin you get thousands of hits. Shenzhen + strip club you get nothing! Go figure!
What Russian girls don't want to go to China? :P

If it's still there, visit the old Tan Son Nhut airbase.
Enter the Plantation Rd. gate...2-300 hundreds yards inside on the left was the 69th signal battalion...my old stomping grounds when I was on base.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

But honestly what I'm looking for is "What is the best local food?"
I'm staying in western hotels and visiting very western companies. And I really want to give the local food a shot.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!