NickDG

Sorry ...

Agreed.....BV had a problem with me defending myself from relentless attacks from the pro Israeli lobby in speakers corner, and backed that up with threats of banning.

Of course I called him on it, and called him several nasty names as well, and invited him to ban me.

"As you wish". was the response...... . ( I didn't really give him much choice if he had any balls) and he made it so....

That didn't actually affect my life for more than about a second.

I was surprised not to be banned from the whole DZ.com site, but it wouldn't have bothered me in the least had that happened..

At the moment I can still post words of wisdom on several forums that can help people who want to learn....but I will never play the game of being politically correct.

Got banned by Sangrio on about the day I signed up for daring to call a dead idiot an idiot. He let me off after about a month. I thought then that he over reacted....

The mods are OK for acting as filters for lots of bullshit, but they do seem to get a bit precious at times.

I always thought BV was an OK guy, and he does speak sense most of the time.

My opinion of him though, is pretty low. Had he banned me permanently, I would have respected him more. What I think of him now rhymes with the word "banker"!!!.

Just my 2 cents worth..........
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

ill prolly get in trouble from the mods for this, maybe, i donno. but just so its clear AS FAR AS I WAS TOLD the name skyrider gave me was NOT billvon. cant say if he had a part in it or not, but hes not the one who dropped the final axe. i wont say who it was, im just saying who it wasnt.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

ill prolly get in trouble from the mods for this, maybe, i donno. but just so its clear AS FAR AS I WAS TOLD the name skyrider gave me was NOT billvon. cant say if he had a part in it or not, but hes not the one who dropped the final axe. i wont say who it was, im just saying who it wasnt.

Never said it was BV.....just that I had an issue with a mod....it happened to be him...

My point was simply that some of the mods have been badly bitten by the serious bug, and assign themselves respect that they sometimes haven't earnt, nor deserve.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Never said it was BV.....just that I had an issue with a mod....it happened to be him...

My point was simply that some of the mods have been badly bitten by the serious bug, and assign themselves respect that they sometimes haven't earnt, nor deserve.

yeah i know, i just wanted to clarify things.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Ummm...I just looked at some of the links on NSFW. I haven't looked at it since LouDiamond profanely warned others that their conduct wasn't up to his standards. After what I just saw, I can't imagine how you get banned anymore.

I just stay the hell out of that thread... Just not my thing, other posters mileage DEFINITELY varies in that thing. c est la vie

Private site or not, it still seems a bit harsh. Giving someone warnings is like slapping a kid on the hand and telling him NO!! Does it stop them from repeating themselves, No. You dont ground them for life do you? You dont take away their favorite toy permanently do you? No, you dont. You start off with a lighter punishment and then work your way up from there. It is a new year, give the guy a month long suspension and then let him back in the community. If he fucks up after that point, then so be it.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Just curious how are the mods given their positions?

Moistened tarts hurling scimitars at people.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Actually, I am a parent of 3. And no, I have never been a mod. But I have been managing people for 11yrs now and have learned how people should be diciplined for their actions. I have not once let anyone go without going through the process of warnings, suspensions and in the end, termination.

I am not saying that the mods have an easy job keeping people in-line on the forums, being that there are just so many people. I just want to know if it is fair to only give someone xxx amount of warnings and then tell them they will be permanently banned if they even talk about it? Does not seem fair to me. Would have made a difference if he was a donating member?
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

I just want to know if it is fair to only give someone xxx amount of warnings and then tell them they will be permanently banned if they even talk about it? Does not seem fair to me.

He got plenty of warnings and was also told the consequences of his actions. He chose to either ignore it or call our bluff.

Would have made a difference if he was a donating member?

No. I wouldn't even be able to tell you who is a premiere member and who isn't. I don't bother to look for the stars by people's names.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I would say that "poking" the powers that be is not a good thing to attempt.

But it IS entertaining

They are the powers that be and it is best to follow their rules

I think it's the rule interpretation that is sometimes the problem. I also don't think that asking for clarification is questioning the authority-but I have rarely gotten an answer when asked what I did wrong, but I have gotten smacked down for asking. So be it
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

"The Mods with Cheese" in case anyone missed it the first two times. :| It might be funnier the second time. :P

(dz.com parody. Not to be taken seriously):):)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpnh_-oLceU

"Billy Vance doesn't f**king listen."...I love that line!! :D:D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I have rarely gotten an answer when asked what I did wrong, but I have gotten smacked down for asking.

Possibly it's in the way of asking. Growing up, when I asked my dad "Why?", and noone else was around, he'd explain why. If I asked him "Why?" in front of people, he'd say, "Because I said so." Then there were the times I said "What the fuck's your problem?" to him in public. That usually evoked a more energetic reply.

I just want to know if it is fair to only give someone xxx amount of warnings and then tell them they will be permanently banned if they even talk about it? Does not seem fair to me.

He got plenty of warnings and was also told the consequences of his actions. He chose to either ignore it or call our bluff.

Would have made a difference if he was a donating member?

No. I wouldn't even be able to tell you who is a premiere member and who isn't. I don't bother to look for the stars by people's names.

I thought the stars meant they ate all of their vegetables...?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Usually via PMs accompanied by "If you explain it, I'll not do it again" Granted, it's usually about deleted posts-only been banned once-I knew it when I said it. I just don't have enough estrogen to hide behind the 'universal you' defense:D

You are only as strong as the prey you devour