Para5-0

Bicep Tendon Tear

On Sunday I snapped my bicep tendon. It was a nice loud snap that I heard and felt. Now surgery today. I am told 3 months and I will be around 75%, but 6-9 months to be fully recovered. I am worried about tearing it again due to weakness. Anyone out there experience this injury.

The timing works out that I should be good to by mid to late March.

Any recommendations or thoughts.

Thanks,

I'm sure you already did a search, but here is a recent thread asking basically the same thing...

I was on the jump with one of the responders to that thread when he tore his :S

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My brother tore his while he was moving furniture around. He did have some recovery time, but he seems to be ok.

Sucks getting old, huh? :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

back from surgery now. I tore the lower one so the bicep was high. now they did a nerve block so my arm and hand feel like chubbs from happy gilmore. (carl weathers) no feeling at all.

thanks for input, this really sucks. I hate pain pills to boot.

It'll be better after this. I've had that same nerve block. Be grateful for you anesthesiologist! That'll give you some relief through the worst of it. Relax. Let yourself heal. This will get better!

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

back from surgery now. I tore the lower one so the bicep was high. now they did a nerve block so my arm and hand feel like chubbs from happy gilmore. (carl weathers) no feeling at all.

thanks for input, this really sucks. I hate pain pills to boot.

Heal well and heal quickly!
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Thanks for the kind words all. I was just airing out my thoughts so sorry about that, As far as the nerve block it is officially wearing off and all I can say is arghhhh. Pins and needles.
But I shouldnt worry I have my own personal nurse Ratchett, my wife, who has zero patience or compassion for the injury or pain. The old I deserve it because I was skiing and having fun when I did it additude.
cant win at this stage of the game.