shah269

A statement you can't think your way out of.

How would you set your friends up?

If you had a friend like you how would you set him up?

Sounds to me that your selection criteria for your potential partners AND your friends is wrong.

Why limit your options when it comes to a making female friends? Yes I know you think you know right now what floats your boat, but that may change. The person you want is never the person that you need.

Take your friends as an example. I dont know what your 'wants' were when these friends came into your life, but right now you NEED a friend that would do to you what you would do for them and fix you up.

But there isent any friend prepared to take up the huge challenge of fixing you up.

Why do you think that is? Are they the assholes? Are you? or did YOU just make some choices in the past that have led you here?

Figure that out and then maybe you may want to loosen off the restrictions on your potential dates.

BP
:)
Quote from something I seen:

Lonely man: "Right now I will date anyone with a pulse"
Friend: "Why limit your options"
:ph34r:

How did I set friends up on date?
Well you start by listening to see what they were looking for.
Most people just want an excuse to get out of the house.

And well if I or my wife knew someone who was even close then yeah we would set them up on a double date. Me my X and my friend and his or her date.

It was a win win. My x and I got an excuse to go out and my friend or her friend had an excuse to go out. A few of them dated but I would say about 70% were disasters....mostly because the guy was a little too clingy.

But it was enough for both parties to feel better and at least put a smile on their face for an evening.

But again that was me and my X, I just have to come to terms that not everyone is like me or my x....
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

A statement you can't think your way out of.

I think your problem is in your grammar. You'd get more dates if you didn't dangle your participles.

Shah: "A statement out of which one cannot think one's way".
Hot chick (breathlessly): "Fuck me, Shah. Right here on the floor."

:)I like that one! Thanks guys.
It is always nice to have a different view of a problem.
I greatly appreciate your insight.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I think your problem is in your grammar. You'd get more dates if you didn't dangle your participles.

Although you are grammatically correct, you changed the subject and thus the meaning of the statement. Shah's original statement was to a second person, not to himself. A more appropriate rendition would be:

Shah: "A statement out of which way you cannot think."
Hot chick(breathlessly):"Fuck me, Shah. Can we invite my size 8 sister to join us?"
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Although you are grammatically correct, you changed the subject and thus the meaning of the statement. Shah's original statement was to a second person, not to himself. A more appropriate rendition would be:

Hot chick(breathlessly):"Fuck me, Shah. Can we invite my size 8 sister to join us?"

Upon reflection, I think it should be,

Shah: "A statement out of which one cannot think."
Hot chick(breathlessly): "Fuck you, Shah. What, do you have Tourette's?"

Hot chick(breathlessly):"Fuck me, Shah. Can we invite my size 8 sister twin to join us?"

Remster

I'm trying to imagine one of your first dates. An exhilarating motorcycle ride to the mountains; a strenuous but satisfying climb to the top of a hill surrounded by spectacular scenery - you turn to her and say, " Isn't the view beautiful here? I don't want children."
She screams, "You asshole. Where would the world be without children? Take me home. On second thought, I'll walk. It'll help me keep my weight down."
Why bother with foreplay when you can get straight to the argument.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

I'm trying to imagine one of your first dates. An exhilarating motorcycle ride to the mountains; a strenuous but satisfying climb to the top of a hill surrounded by spectacular scenery - you turn to her and say, " Isn't the view beautiful here? I don't want children."
She screams, "You asshole. Where would the world be without children? Take me home. On second thought, I'll walk. It'll help me keep my weight down."
Why bother with foreplay when you can get straight to the argument.

HA! :P

That hardly qualifies as unassailable logic. There are a couple of assumptions in there that may not be accurate.
We're all assholes to somebody. Don't worry about it.And don't worry about dating. Do things with freinds. Group activities. Don't be looking for a girlfreind. Just a freind.

When I was going through the same thing, I found that I had a problem with the word "freind". I found that I have no control over who is my freind. I only control who I am a freind to. I can choose to give my freindship to some one. I can't make someone give their freindship to me. That's their choise.
It might be asked, "Are they a freind of yours?"
I say, "I don't know, You would need to ask them. I can tell you that I'm a freind of theirs."
You would not think it a hardship getting out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the aid of a freind. If anyone has ever done the same for you, you can probably count them as a freind. So, be a freind and you'll find you have freinds.
Also, be a freind to yourself.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Shah - ignore the comment.

On a side note and as your subject line is so fitting. I just made a fucking massive booboo.

Argument all day with a client regarding a problem - eventually I found the root and didn't pull any punches regarding their incompetence in the matter. Only to notice at the end of the discussion that it was one of my staff that had made the cock-upB|. Luckily the client was understanding but not great way to end the day.

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

On a side note and as your subject line is so fitting. I just made a fucking massive booboo.

Argument all day with a client regarding a problem - eventually I found the root and didn't pull any punches regarding their incompetence in the matter. Only to notice at the end of the discussion that it was one of my staff that had made the cock-upB|. Luckily the client was understanding but not great way to end the day.

Man, I HATE it when that happens. Others may want to ask the question of you but I know how crow tastes. Go easy on the member of your staff. Illustrate what went wrong and how to avoid it next time. But remember that it wasn't that staff members fault the client saw that particular side of you. Send the client a bottle of wine. (I wouldn't recommend Fat Bastard in this case.)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Man, I HATE it when that happens. Others may want to ask the question of you but I know how crow tastes. Go easy on the member of your staff. Illustrate what went wrong and how to avoid it next time. But remember that it wasn't that staff members fault the client saw that particular side of you. Send the client a bottle of wine. (I wouldn't recommend Fat Bastard in this case.)

That member of staff is no more (from before this incident):D

I like the fat bastard idea:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

A question that locked me, uhm...

ten years ago after my first solo, I broke my foot (bad skill and radio mal)...

Anyway, a day later... on pain meds... i have a foggy memory of...

"Do you take this man..."

I was locked! He says I said, "I do" and he is a man, so it must be right.

I thought about this a couple of days.

One person set me up with a date in the past year. Other than that, nobody said a word. I am very much not an asshole. There could be other reasons.

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I thought about this a couple of days.

One person set me up with a date in the past year. Other than that, nobody said a word. I am very much not an asshole. There could be other reasons.

I've notice here that if someone says they are not something, it's because they are worried they are or think they are at times...

And, how do you know... gimme a number to a friend to confirm this self evaluation. (kidding)