SpeedRacer

What do your pets believe?

Noah believes that his left leg and tail do not belong to him and/or are possessed. He frequently attacks them and growls at them. He also thinks he is a cat and sleeps on the back of the couch.

Zoe believes that the red laser light that we get her to chase lives in the closet. She was guarding the closet in this picture but that apparently that required too much effort. Any time we ask her, "Where's the red light?" she perks up and searches the house.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Rolex, our cocker, believes she is human.
Booger, our St. Bernard, believes he is a lap dog.
Rambo, our French bulldog, believes he is handsome.
Barnes and Noble, our cats, believe our sole purpose is to scratch their heads.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

I don't have pets, but I've always thought they must think that we're gods. If you get a dog or cat when you're 20 years old, it may live 8 or 9 years. Or maybe you get lucky with a pet that lives to be 20 years. As it's dying, it looks at you, and you haven't really changed that much. From their perspective, you are an immortal.

Also, you control the food, recreation, even the temperature (if you have heat and a/c). You can transport them hundreds of miles away in a car without doing much work.

If I had caretakers that lived to be 600 years old, gave me food, shelter, and controlled my environment, I would probably think they were gods as well.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Herc, my big white guy believed that he was a cat. A BIG WHITE cat. He would crawl into your lap ever so slowly and curl up. Just like a cat. An 80lb cat. And he's the reason I have the following two big IDIOTS!!!! That I LOVE to death!!!

Bug. my chunky-monkey, believes that wherever you go, SHE has to go. And if she doesn't get to go with you, she sits in grandpa's lap until you come home. She's deaf, I'll give her the clingy attitude.

Tucker, well, he's just Tucker. A BIG DORKY DROOLY boy. Who only wants your love. He thinks EVERYONE wants him to love him. Probably because he never had it before.

Gotta love all of them, no matter what they think!!!
'Shell

My two cats believe that regardless of it being the weekend, I am to wake up at exactly 6am to feed them. Scratches on the butt or bites on the nose are to keep me in check if I hit the kittie thinking they're snooze buttons.

Christmas trees are nothing more than fun green kittie club house. And she who makes it to the star on top wins.

Hard food that is mixed w/ soft food should be flung out of the kittie dish to easily access the soft food.

Vacasions or deployments to the desert are bad. They prove this by pulling out all the clothes I've just packed into the bag.

And lastly that once they're let outside, they're free and a game of catch me if u can must be established. Fences must be jumped in this game to help make it fun.

My adult gecko believes any more than two hours awake in a day is wasted time.

My baby gecko believes any more than two hours asleep in a day is wasted time, and anything that moves, up to and including drops of water, is to be hunted and pounced upon.
My skydiving - http://unstable-exits.blogspot.com/

Looks like he came from east German and Czech.

Look at his papers, he may be related to my dog.

Unit Gymor is his mom, Heazy Gymor is grandma.

I have to look up his grandpas name, but I recall that he is nearly the prototype of all imports from that area.

He was one of the most famous GSD's to have ever worked for a living.

3) that some object, such as a loose napkin, a toy, a string, or a rubber band, must be placed into the water dish every day.

My beloved feline angel does that, but only with his rope. He has had a white piece of rope his whole life that he plays with and carries around (always meowing with it in his mouth in the middle of the night) and I find it constantly in the water bowl.

I read cats do this with their favorite things, but sometimes I think the rope annoys him and what I perceive as cute, funny playing is actually him wrestling with an evil enemy he wants to destroy/kill/drown and get rid of permanently.
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

Looks like he came from east German and Czech.

Look at his papers, he may be related to my dog.

Unit Gymor is his mom, Heazy Gymor is grandma.

I have to look up his grandpas name, but I recall that he is nearly the prototype of all imports from that area.

He was one of the most famous GSD's to have ever worked for a living.

Yep, you nailed it. East German and Czech according to the breeder.
I didn't get papers on him. Wasn't too concerned with it and only paid a hundred dollars so I wasn't gonna push it.
Got any pics of yours?

had to add this pic of Chase and Bluebird.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doughboyshredder/5330798091/lightbox/

My dog believes that the best protective juju during a thunderstorm comes from lying on my pillow, right against my face.

:D:D:D

Excellent phrasing.

My Roo used to do that when we first adopted him, but he has long since learned to ignore that which is not walk time, bone time or play time--collectively "Roo time". :P

My dog believes that just because it is raining outside the back door, it doesn't always follow that it is raining outside the front door, and therefore I must put him on his leash so we can go check.

Once he as verified that it is, indeed, raining outside the front door, he looks up at me as if he is certain I can make the evil sky-water stop so the dog does not have to piddle in the rain.

The kitten believes that if it is food, it is automatically kitten food, including such things as dog food, christmas cookies and wasabi. The dog objects strenuously to the first two, but believes the kitten is more than welcome to the wasabi, as he learned after one attempt that it is most definitely not for dogs. The kitten also believes that the best thing one could do in the middle of the night is jump on the piano. And she is convinced that she can walk on a curtain rod the diameter of a dime simply because it is next to the top of the cat tree, no matter how many times she takes two steps and finds herself in the comfy chair five feet below.

The cat believes that the kitten cycles rapidly between annoying and psychotic, and this behavior is appropriately responded to with swatting, hissing, or chasing. I am not sure that the cat is wrong.

Edited to add: And all three of them are convinced that puppy or kitty snuggles are a cure for whatever is making their humans not feel well. I am certain they are on to something here, and if we could bottle and patent it, there could be endless catnip and chewie toys.

My adult gecko believes any more than two hours awake in a day is wasted time.

My baby gecko believes any more than two hours asleep in a day is wasted time, and anything that moves, up to and including drops of water, is to be hunted and pounced upon.

-----------------------------------------------------------
My two mini dachshunds would totally get masters degrees in sleeping if it was offered. They sleep in our bed under the covers between me and my wife and I often wake up with parker between us on his back with his legs up in the air and his face sticking out from under the covers. Not many things make me feel like being at home more than my two dogs licking me in the face after I get home from that hour commute to my house from work.

Once he as verified that it is, indeed, raining outside the front door,..

Yup; you have to show them. At which time I stay in the garage whilst he grudgingly trots out, squats, and hauls bootie back in. And even though I wipe him thoroughly down with a towel, he still believes the best way to get dry from even the slightly drizzel of rain is to slide in on the nearest indoor rug and scoot all around it in circles as he moans. Then he believes his performance is deserving of a big bone and runs to pantry where they lay behind. I am never far behind him to oblige. :$

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o42/warped60120/031.jpg

He loves a good stick!:D

He is 27.5" at the shoulder and only 85lbs, but he is very lean and large.

His head is huge, he can bite a basketball instantly, so all he gets to play with is a Kong ball, Kong toy or sticks.

Of course he considers full sized firewood to be a stick.:D:D