Snowwhite

Point Break

Skydiving movies are every bit as realistic as any biker movie!;)

We need a skydiving "Sons of Anarchy" type series!

Hell yeah... Sons is awesome.
But I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe a dramatic/comedy like Weeds. The story of a semi-dysfunctional skydiving team and their merry band of adrenaline junky friends as they train for this meet and the other meet and so on and so forth... Coming up with novel ways to make money to pay for their jumps, find sponsors, whatever.
And put it on Showtime so it can include adult language and situations.
THAT would rock.
Card carrying member of the
Nanny State Liberation Front

The achievement of Point Break isn't that it overcame unrealistic skydiving and surfing scenes to be an enjoyable film - it's that it overcame terrible dialogue and non-existant acting to be an enjoyable film!:P

Terrible dialogue?? 99 percent of my exit sayings on base jumps are from that movie.

"Are we going to jump or jerk off?" (then jump)
"100 percent pure adrenaline!"
"little hand says it's time to rock and roll!" (personal fav)

Exactly! When was the last time you heard something said on the exit point that wasn't corny as fuck?:D

Last one I heard that wasn't corny was...

"3... 2... 1.... I FUCK GOATS!"

Skydiving movies are every bit as realistic as any biker movie!;)

We need a skydiving "Sons of Anarchy" type series!

Hell yeah... Sons is awesome.
But I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe a dramatic/comedy like Weeds. The story of a semi-dysfunctional skydiving team and their merry band of adrenaline junky friends as they train for this meet and the other meet and so on and so forth... Coming up with novel ways to make money to pay for their jumps, find sponsors, whatever.
And put it on Showtime so it can include adult language and situations.
THAT would rock.

And then their trip to the Wild World Wingsuit Championships. :P

Surprised with all the movie mentions, none for the skydiving movie that's soon to be released. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I've seen it a hundred times. It's on now. I still love it. Hokey as it is.

I love Point Break too Beth. I dont care if it has impossibly long freefalls or jumpers talking to each other in freefall. I can see realistic jump videos all day long on YouTube. I get tired of realistic stuff. I just wish Point Break had included a freefall sex scene with Tyler (Lori Petty).

I like almost all Hollywood skydiving themed movies including Gypsy Moths, Drop Zone and Cutaway. The Skydvers (directed by Coleman Francis) , however, is pretty bad.

Time for a new one. Trouble is that the jump scenes will probably be done with computer special effects.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.