Snowwhite

Point Break

Geez, and Amazon was busting my ass a while ago about not having the latest technology, like Blu-Ray. :S:P

DUUUUUUDE

I am trying to figure out which 3-D LED TV to buy.... that will make me have to get a whole new Sony BDP-S770 Blue Ray player to do 3-D too:ph34r:

And now we also have Bucket List -- another "talking in freefall" classic! ;)

Don't you dare mention The Bucket List in the same thread as Point Break :P.

Point Break is a classic, great action movie with some fantastic(al) skydiving scenes. I think The Bucket List is a mehvie (and I think I just invented that word). And the skydiving in it, while equally nonsensical, isnt particularly exciting either.

my cousin is an avid golfer. there are lots of movies about golf. fun, enjoyable to watch, but unrealistic. his comment, "it's just a movie. i'm watching it for entertainment."

I especially like the parts where people are actually talking while someone is putting for an eagle ....like that could really happen! :)

Geez, and Amazon was busting my ass a while ago about not having the latest technology, like Blu-Ray. :S:P

DUUUUUUDE

I am trying to figure out which 3-D LED TV to buy.... that will make me have to get a whole new Sony BDP-S770 Blue Ray player to do 3-D too:ph34r:

The benefits of the PS3. I have one of the firsts to come out 4 years ago and the last update was to allow it play 3D blue rays. Now Just need the TV.

"I love 'lamp'."
-SKYMAMA

I'm such a dork; I still haven't seen Point Break! I wanted to see it when it came out, never did. About a month ago it was on TV and I tried to record it, but then realized it was on a suscription channel and all I got was a black screen.

I guess I will have to go out and pay the $1.00 at the video store...if they still have it on reel :ph34r:

THRIVING IN MY DASH!!

My generation of jumpers had the movie "Gypsy Moths" (and maybe to a greater extent, the film "Proof.")

The next generation had "Point Break."

And the present generation has "Drop Zone" and "Cutaway."

Anyone notice that in cinematic terms the decline in skydiving movie quality pretty much mirrors the sport itself, LOL . . .

NickD :)

My generation of jumpers had the movie "Gypsy Moths" (and maybe to a greater extent, the film "Proof.")

Anyone notice that in cinematic terms the decline in skydiving movie quality pretty much mirrors the sport itself, LOL . . .

Aren't we about due for a new skydiving flick? It's been a while. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>I've seen it a hundred times. It's on now. I still love it.

Me too. I've always liked that movie. Some of the photography was pretty amazing.

As a warning, though, newer jumpers may jump all over you about this. You'll hear "that movie SUCKED! I mean, yeah, like they really did a four minute freefall. And right, like you can really talk in freefall. I can't believe you liked that crappy thing." I think this is a way for them to demonstrate their superior knowledge of "real" skydiving.

Aren't we about due for a new skydiving flick? It's been a while. :P

IMO this generation is not going to have any skydiving flick... [:/]
At least not in a movie theater.

They already have Pastrana-Nitro-Circusses and Jackass and whatnot. And they all have those tiny GoPros to make their own blockbusters.
As a matter of fact they already got one. It`s "reality show".
dudeist skydiver #42

How could you be so irresponsible to leave out Fandango??? The ground school for that movie by far is the best part of the entire flick B|

>I've seen it a hundred times. It's on now. I still love it.

Me too. I've always liked that movie. Some of the photography was pretty amazing.

As a warning, though, newer jumpers may jump all over you about this. You'll hear "that movie SUCKED! I mean, yeah, like they really did a four minute freefall. And right, like you can really talk in freefall. I can't believe you liked that crappy thing." I think this is a way for them to demonstrate their superior knowledge of "real" skydiving.

The achievement of Point Break isn't that it overcame unrealistic skydiving and surfing scenes to be an enjoyable film - it's that it overcame terrible dialogue and non-existant acting to be an enjoyable film!:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?