kkeenan

Texting and Driving

unfortunately the law is having the reverse effect, more are having accidents because they are worried about being caught, they are holding it down low so as not to be seen (caught). thereby eliminating peripheral awareness. as in if you held it up in front of you, you have a chance of seeing things in the background. I read this in a study. I'm sure if you google it you will find the info.

Powerful little documentary there, huh?

Scares me more than anything when I think about loved ones who text while driving. Also pisses me off enough to kick someone's a$$ when they veer into my lane and almost take me out...

When will people learn??? [:/]

Y'all stay safe out there!

I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

Powerful little documentary there, huh?

Scares me more than anything when I think about loved ones who text while driving. Also pisses me off enough to kick someone's a$$ when they veer into my lane and almost take me out...

When will people learn??? [:/]

Y'all stay safe out there!

They won't. The ones who are smart enough to realize how dangerous it is don't need a law to stop them from doing it.

The ones who violate the law are the ones who have "Mad Skilz" and are certain that they can do it safely. Like the ones in the video.:(
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Scares me more than anything when I think about loved ones who text while driving.

One thing I have never done was get behind the wheel after so much as one drink within an hour. I read texting while driving is as much an impairment as someone driving shortly after drinking four beers.
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

unfortunately the law is having the reverse effect, more are having accidents because they are worried about being caught, they are holding it down low so as not to be seen (caught). thereby eliminating peripheral awareness. as in if you held it up in front of you, you have a chance of seeing things in the background. I read this in a study. I'm sure if you google it you will find the info.

Agreed. The law should not be against texting and driving, it is unenforceable. The law just be about a penalty if you are in an accident and it can be proven you were texting and driving.

Driving is scary, I just close my eyes... (yes, kidding)

This dang phone thing makes me crazy! Too controling! People get freaky about it the, "I Called!" and "You never answer!"

Get a life... geez.

Make people wait... it's good for 'em to learn,
"Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Patience, almost, a lost art.

...This dang phone thing makes me crazy! Too controling! People get freaky about it the, "I Called!" and "You never answer!"

Get a life... geez.

Make people wait... it's good for 'em to learn,
"Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Patience, almost, a lost art.

Screw 'em :P

I have a phone for my convenience, not for others.
It has caller ID, if someone calls I will know it. If I can't (shouldn't) answer I DON"T.

If I am navigating 75' of semi through Chicago, I won't be answering the stupid phone. Not surprisingly, my dispatcher is a big fan of this(Company policy discourages using the phone while driving).

I have told people - If you leave a message, I will call back. Important people get called back whether or not they leave one.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I know I drive like shit if I text, I have friends that refuse to now as well.

It's one thing to read something like a message, but texting is another story, you just can't type and drive.

I won't even read a message on the country (windy) roads I drive to and from work on let alone text.

With the new touch screens it is IMPOSSIBLE to text without looking too. Wish more people would realize their lives and others lives aren't worth a little text that can wait 'til you stop somewhere!!!>:(

While texting was the factor that caused the accident with the first girl, not wearing her seatbelt is likely why she was killed.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

that 'dm' phone is like a leash around my neck...

which can be cool if i was a bitch... but, ain't no woman a bitch.... fuck that!

so, I can txt under canopy?!... yeah, right, I'll get right on that, (not.)

Blue skies, Black Death... it's there, no reason to bring it on early!