bseriesboosted

Best thing for cleaning a container

You can actually have the container professionally dry cleaned without any problems. If you dont want to spend the 6 bucks to have it done you can use a mild detergent ie wisk and a soft brush. If all else fails ask your rigger what he would do. When I asked mine he gave me the aforementioned advise.

git er done

I am about to get and a container and would like to know the best way and product to clean it with??

thanks in advance for any help.

Scotchguard it.

Then clean with:

Mr Clean Magic Eraser and Shout Wipes.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Your BEST bet is to take it to your local rigger for cleaning before you get your reserve and AAD packed into it.

I want to add to this very good advice.

Before you try cleaning your rig or do anything with spraying anything to protect your rig you should check with 2 people first.

1. Your rigger.
2. The manufacture for their recommendations.

This is stated with the idea that even if Jesus himself said to clean it with a certain method you should check with your rigger and the manufacture first.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I am about to get and a container and would like to know the best way and product to clean it with??

thanks in advance for any help.

this has been discussed many times before! here is the recommendation from RWS....this from the RWS site.....rm

Washing Your Vector
Over the years we've seen some extremely dirty Vectors! We've found that many people are unsure how to get their container clean. For that reason, we have put together the following instructions on how to make your Vector smell and look good again.

The best way to wash a rig is the "good old fashion way" with slightly warm water and Woolite.
Use a big tub; let the rig stay in the soapy water 4 hrs.
Occasionally swish the rig around in the tub to loosen dirt.
Drain soapy water, fill tub with clean water, and swish rig around until the clear water becomes soapy and cloudy.
Drain tub and repeat until all soap and dirt residue are gone, usually in 3 rinses.
Let the rig naturally dry, without direct sunlight. We usually allow a small fan to blow air past it to speed up the drying process.
We do not recommend using a washing machine. Extended agitation in a washing machine could have negative effects in the long run. This also requires you to wrap the heavy hardware to minimize damage to the machine. © 2000-2003 The Uninsured Relative Workshop, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Then clean with:

Mr Clean Magic Eraser and Shout Wipes.

I would not be giving advice like this unless you're sure of what you're talking about. Generally, that means a rigger's rating.

Mr Clean Magic Eraser is a micro-abrasive. I most certainly would not want that used on my rig.

In terms of rigger's I've discussed it with, answers I've gotten range from: "I know nothing about them, so I wouldn't use them" to "they're abrasive, so I wouldn't use them".

More importantly though, if someone were to ask me how to clean a rig, the only answer I'd give was the one I copied from my owners manual.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

You can actually have the container professionally dry cleaned without any problems.

This is not recommended by any container manufacturer.

Someone from Sun Path did recommend dry cleaning to a friend of mine just a couple of weeks ago. More in this thread

The thread also contains one very good piece of advice:

When dis-assembling your rig for cleaning, remember to cover all pieces of hook velcro with an extra piece of loop velcro!!