aphid

Doesn't she have something more important to do?

Logged into FB this morning and was met with this series of "updates" from a skydiving girl I know, who just happens to be expecting her second child.

Call me old-fashioned, but you CAN be too connected in this day and age...

... but you CAN be too connected in this day and age...

absolutely 100% true. people not expect you to always answer the phone, or read a email/text immediately, and if you dont, there it something wrong with ... you. my wife and i shut off the phones at night, to avoid the useless jabber, work and non work related. i remember the good old days when you would be working outside, the phone would ring, and you would just continue on. and the caller would realize you were either not home, or simply busy...and not freak out.

... but you CAN be too connected in this day and age...

absolutely 100% true. people not expect you to always answer the phone, or read a email/text immediately, and if you dont, there it something wrong with ... you. my wife and i shut off the phones at night, to avoid the useless jabber, work and non work related. i remember the good old days when you would be working outside, the phone would ring, and you would just continue on. and the caller would realize you were either not home, or simply busy...and not freak out.

We finally started doing that too, when the wife and I are together we often shut off both our phones even during the day...the uninterrupted time together is priceless.

A retired buddy has the best voicemail ever...

"Sorry I missed your call, I'm out living my life...leave a message, I'll call you back at MY convenience" B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

when the wife and I are together we often shut off both our phones even during the day.

Don't feel special, she does that with all of us :P:)

SEE how you ARE! :ph34r:

My two New Years resolutions were to quit smoking and stop pickin' on The Divot...sure wish they would make a patch for the 2nd one! :P

Hi Jim,

"Sorry I missed your call, I'm out living my life...leave a message, I'll call you back at MY convenience"

My message used to end with: '. . . and if it is important, I will call you back.'

My kids said it was mean and I should remove it; so I did. Now I think I might just put it back. B|

JerryBaumchen

lol, once she enters real "labor land" she won't be posting play by plays on crack book :D:D

Who knows? Her hubby might be.... :D

My youngest son...birth of HIS son, and there's my kid, texting away. :o

What are you doing I asked?! :)

Keeping our friends up to date he said. :S

Tell 'em about it later I said! :D

lol, once she enters real "labor land" she won't be posting play by plays on crack book :D:D

Who knows? Her hubby might be.... :D

My youngest son...birth of HIS son, and there's my kid, texting away. :o

What are you doing I asked?! :)

Keeping our friends up to date he said. :S

Tell 'em about it later I said! :D

Exactly! He should have been right there pushing his wife's left foot up! :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Phil... you're obviously on her friends list too! :)

And here I thought it was obtuse enough nobody would recognize her.

J

Actually, John, I'm not. I just teach enough FB-addicted students to know that it would be a logical thing for them to do.....

:D

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

:D:D
Nurse - "Okay now push, now relax, now text."

I'm going into surgery tomorrow morning.
I'll see if I can get a few tweets in before the anesthesia takes over.B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm going into surgery tomorrow morning.

Didn't know - good luck with that.

As far as the Facebook thing - she probably promised her family that isn't in town that she would give play-by-play on Facebook. If it were my niece, cousin, etc, I would probably like to know. But that's just me.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

It's all about documenting and collecting now. YouTube hits, blog posts, Facebook friends, videos of everything we used to actually experience: life through a lens.

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody records it on his iPhone, did it actually happen?

It's all about documenting and collecting now. YouTube hits, blog posts, Facebook friends, videos of everything we used to actually experience: life through a lens.

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody records it on his iPhone, did it actually happen?

Aren't skydivers the original "If it isn't on video, it didn't happen" crowd?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo