hcsvader

I got the job!

Building one of these badass mofo's!!!

http://www.bucyrus.com/draglines.htm

I used to maintenance on them at my last job. They are some amazing machines to see in action.

It'll be so much nicer building a new one than working on the old ones that are covered in grease and always break down on the coldest winter nights
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

http://www.stripmine.org/muskie1.htm

That would be a cool job!

Wasn't the Silver Spade about the same size as Muskie?

I remember seeing the Spade up close on a field trip in grade school. That shit was crazy big. :o

Years later we would go 4wheeling and sneak up on the ridge close to it and watch.
All you could hear was it swooshing in the wind, the cables slapping and then dropping all of the dirt. I was a very impressive sight.
I meant to take Michelle there when we went in April, but didn't have the time.

http://www.google.com/search?q=silver+spade&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.kodakgallery:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Alberta, and this actually isn't located in the oil sands, its for a coal mine. In the midddle of nowhere

I think im going to have to relocate to rural alberta...

I might need to get a haircut:S

Have you seen my pants?

Hahaha they are considering me for a management role for another one here in australia!

Time to get that horseshoe tattoed on my ass cuz I'm one lucky mofo!

I don't know how i do it but I've stumbled upon a very fun and successful life :P

http://www.bucyrus.com/mining-equipment/draglines.aspx

Have you seen my pants?

oh and by the way, some guys have base jumped the one we built in alberta. Still surprised I haven't gotten any phone calls regarding that. Apparently you can see it from the plane from a DZ that operates near there.

Stairs all the up to the exit point B|

Have you seen my pants?

Damn the recruitment process takes forever with this company :S

Done 2 phone interview and meant to be doing another one next week. Then I'm sure there will be the standard DnA tests, welding certifications, health and fitness tests... Hopefully I will be working by march.

Have you seen my pants?

I've gone through 3 phone interviews...2 face to face interviews...a total of 9 weeks total...then it came down to me and one other douchebag... as it would be my luck the other fucker got the job. 9 weeks and nothing to show for it. Although I'm glad I didnt get that job, I like my current job much better than having to be audited by the government every month.

i worked for a big investment bank. interviewed 13 times and had multiple dinners and drinks before being offered. i worked for a child company so wrongly assumed it would be easy because technically i was transfering to the parent.

funny thing was when i started work they told me i was lucky. many interview 25 times. i will say this. everyone who worked there was nice and likeable. i guess with that many interviews its hard to fake not being a jerk.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante