FlyingJ

Excel drop down list help

Hopefully a quick and easy to answer question for some of you Excel folks.

I created several drop down boxes in Excel that point to a list on a different sheet in the same workbook. I can click the box and choose an entry, but I would like to be able to tab across the row, begin typing the name and have it select from the list depending on what I am typing. I've run a blank in searching as I can't figure out how to phrase what I'm trying to do without Google showing me every page that mentions Excel. Please lead me in the right direction oh wise ones!

Thanks!
Jason
Killing threads since 2004.

Thanks to both of you. In a former life I did a fair amount of very basic VB programming in Access and Excel so the combo box isn't a foreign concept, but one I have most certainly forgotten everything I ever learned about. I may just end up brushing up and going that route.

I will check out your auto complete search. I did find that with the list box as I have it, if I have typed a name in once it will auto complete, so the most simple answer for the moment will probably be to move my list to the top of the column and hide the rows. The list is dynamic though so that won't be a long term option.

Thanks folks!
Killing threads since 2004.