Thanatos340

Great Party Themes??

Looking for some ideas for a Party Theme that has not been done to death (Disco Party, 80`s Party, Naughty Whatever Party)

Anyone been to any memorable Parties lately that seemed to have an original Idea or concept??

Bypass all the bull shit, cover everything in a couple of 20 x 100 x 5mil sheets of poly and just have everyone show up with a gallon of wesson oil, and 2 blind folds.

nuff said.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Most original one I went to was a 30th anniversary of Kennedy's assassination party. The guy who came as the Magic Bullet had the best costume, by far. :D

I guess the fact that the party was over 17 years ago gives you an idea of how few theme parties I go to. :|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The Party is at the end of April. I was asked to organize a party at a Sci-Fi/Fetish convention (Frolicon). Should be about 1500 people attending the convention. Basically they are providing me a Ballroom and said what can you do with it.

I can not come up with a theme that would either be cliche or done to death. Figured that since many Boogies have theme parties I would see what ideas I could get here.

Damn. My idea is probably shot down for two reasons: it's probably too tame for a fetish convention, and it's probably too hard to pull off in a ballroom.

But just in case others search on this tread some day:

Best party I ever went to: a graffiti party. Cover the walls, furniture, floors, EVERYTHING in the party space with white butcher's paper. Everyone invited dresses in all white, disposable clothing. Invest a small fortune in every size and color of permanent marker available.

Add alcohol.

Take pictures.

Do NOT, God help you I repeat: DO NOT pass out.

Elvisio "out, damn spot!" Rodriguez

Did that there at another convention last year. Everyone came wearing white Tee Shirts and Pants. Non-permanent markers were provided. Well that is how it started anyway. About an hour into the party.. It just became body art party as the clothes disappeared. Fun but hate to repeat a theme that was just done.

Sounds like everyone will like to dress up. How about a masquerade theme?

A black out could be fun too, but not for the whole time since fetish types do like to see what's going on.. But how about 10 minute blackouts every hour (make sure people know about the law as it pertains to public decency tho.. Don't want to get into too much trouble lol).
Remster

There is already a "Blackout Suite" during the entire 4 day Con.

I thought about doing an ABC party (Anything but Clothes) but at this convention everyone would just show up naked (and many of them I do NOT want to see naked! lol) and I am already doing that theme at different convention this year.

Last year there was "Secret Agent" party that was amusing. The catholic School girl theme has been done to death, Same with Pirates or vampires.

My Original Idea for this convention was to throw a "Fox Hunt" . everyone dress in English Hunting Attire and once the Horn is blown, First one to bring in a hog-tied Furry wins. My biggest fear is that to many people would bring their "Pony`s". (And convention security already nixed the idea.) That and I don't want Furries brought into my party any kind of way.

Back when I had two roommates we threw a theme party about every 60 days. Costumes were always a must. Some of the best were:

-Toga (i know, over done but still fun)
-Beachwear Party
-PJ Party
-Playboy Party
-Rockstars and Groupie Sluts (BEST PARTY EVER)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Could also do a Black And White theme; or considering the venue, Go For The Pink wouldnt be out of place.

Military is fun too, tho I did go a party with a few SS officers; the fact that it was in England made it stand out lol (no, it wasnt Mosley, or Prince Harry lol)

PJ's sound fun too, and could be a nice break from the full out costumes.
Remster

First one to bring in a hog-tied Furry wins.

Is there a bag limit of one, or can you harvest as many as you can find?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

PJ's sound fun too, and could be a nice break from the full out costumes.

i always sleep nekkid; that ok!? :)

It wouldn't be the first or last time you were called a wanker, now would it vb? ;-)

would you know the difference between being called one and being one? my guess is you would! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Looking for some ideas for a Party Theme that has not been done to death (Disco Party, 80`s Party, Naughty Whatever Party)

Anyone been to any memorable Parties lately that seemed to have an original Idea or concept??

orgy theme? ;)
Jump more, Bitch less.

But that did give ma an Idea I might run with..

A Caligula Theme or Dionysus Party. That might work.

How about a variation on Mad Scientist?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun