tmarine253

Weather

I generally skydive at Deland or Palatka, (Deland mostly), but I just wanted to say I am tired of this fucking weather, no jumping all week for me, or all weekend. Just thought I would let all of the people everywhere else who are jumping that we are suffering here in Florida (for once).

I hear you, I was in Maryland last week, (my home state) and the snow storm that hit us put us out of power for 4 days. However, generally the weather down here permits us to skydive and right now it does not atleast in the winter you all know your taking a break. But my heart goes out to you, do you all even get to jump in the winter or does everyone just close down for the season?

I generally skydive at Deland or Palatka, (Deland mostly), but I just wanted to say I am tired of this fucking weather, no jumping all week for me, or all weekend. Just thought I would let all of the people everywhere else who are jumping that we are suffering here in Florida (for once).

Quit yer bitchin.

Try spending a winter in the pnw. Where the DZ is only open on weekends and if we do get a clear day it's on a wednesday. In the last 6 weeks I have had one day that I was able to jump.

One week. Waaaaaaaaa. Cry me a river.

I hear you, I was in Maryland last week, (my home state) and the snow storm that hit us put us out of power for 4 days. However, generally the weather down here permits us to skydive and right now it does not atleast in the winter you all know your taking a break. But my heart goes out to you, do you all even get to jump in the winter or does everyone just close down for the season?

We could jump in the winter. But a plowed runway might help. I'm a cold wimp anyway and I don't usually jump in this. This is the first winter I have seen the runway not plowed and I have no idea why it isn't. Usually some people will jump (Cessna) if enough show up and they find a pilot. Just not this year. But damn! I don't think they could have kept up with plowing this year anyway. We've had a good snow storm on average each 7-10 days since xmas it seems. Whew!

I will say I never really cared about the weather until I started jumping and now I am always looking at the weekend report and the weather or work has been kicking my ass. My last jump was jan 16th and haven't been able to jump due to either work or weather. My next weekend off is not until the 26th so I will be bitching everyday at work especially on the weekends until the 26th. Maybe they will learn to to give me more saturdays off!

Hey asspanda why dont you call a waaambulance. Are you just really trying to brag that you live in FL and missed a week of jumping due to WX? I am stationed here in south central Germany and have not had ceilings above 900ft in months. Not to mention the light rime icing above 1000ft.

At least I have good beer.

I hate you.
Team Dirty Sanchez #455,
Muff Brother #4197,
SCR #14847, DPH -8,
Dude #5150

Yeah, I know the weather... Been working outside, 8-15 hours a day since wed. Even working in that big ass rain storm that came thru Thurs. B|

This shit needs to go away now.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Well, Tues, Wed, and all next weekend are looking good for Z-Hills! B| Wish I had your issues. I won't be back in Florida until later this month.

Bout the same time I'll be back down there.

So, how YOU doin? ;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Hey asspanda why dont you call a waaambulance. Are you just really trying to brag that you live in FL and missed a week of jumping due to WX? I am stationed here in south central Germany and have not had ceilings above 900ft in months. Not to mention the light rime icing above 1000ft.

At least I have good beer.

I hate you.

Hey fucker, you know I moved to Tampa right?

Didn't you ask for Germany??
Enjoy your beer! I'll enjoy the 'cold' down here. :D

I didnt ask for Germany... I got attached to this unit in Iraq and then roped in here for another 2 yrs due to DEROS. At least I get a free trip to Asscrackistan next spring. Get your sorry civilian ass up to the Fitz boogie and i'll bring you a bottle of real Jagermeister.

I hope it rains for the next 45 days in FLA.
Team Dirty Sanchez #455,
Muff Brother #4197,
SCR #14847, DPH -8,
Dude #5150

I didnt ask for Germany... I got attached to this unit in Iraq and then roped in here for another 2 yrs due to DEROS. At least I get a free trip to Asscrackistan next spring. Get your sorry civilian ass up to the Fitz boogie and i'll bring you a bottle of real Jagermeister.

I hope it rains for the next 45 days in FLA.

Working on it, new job is sort of a short leash, so I'll have to see exactly how short of a leash it is.