thrillstalker

losing whuffo friends???

You could always post on an internet forum so everyone will know what a cool, hardcore skydiver you are.

shit i have 82 jumps in a year and a half. not hardcore at all.

i haven't lost all my friends, just some of the ones i used to see on weekends and special occasions. i am trying to find out if this has happened to a lot of people.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

I think we should cross-reference this thread with the "what have you sold to skydive" one over in General.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You could always post on an internet forum so everyone will know what a cool, hardcore skydiver you are.

shit i have 82 jumps in a year and a half. not hardcore at all.

i haven't lost all my friends, just some of the ones i used to see on weekends and special occasions. i am trying to find out if this has happened to a lot of people.

If you're not having sex with them, why does it matter?
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Maybe they're not real impressed with being called "whuffos." ;)

I think this is just part of life in general, nothing directly to do with skydiving. As our interests change, we often make new friends and become distant from old friends. We tend to spend time with people who have interests in common with us. The close friends who are like family will still be there even if we see them less often.

Maybe they're not real impressed with being called "whuffos." ;)

I think this is just part of life in general, nothing directly to do with skydiving. As our interests change, we often make new friends and become distant from old friends. We tend to spend time with people who have interests in common with us. The close friends who are like family will still be there even if we see them less often.

that makes sense. i am 23 and people are finishing school, moving, getting married[:/], and just in general busy.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Funny, I went gaga for skydiving the first 2 years, now that I am finding more balance, I'm gaining "whuffo" friends! B|

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Not so much-been pretty clear that I don't have any plans to ever jump again,

Our loss.

Never did eat and breath the hobby

Well, I gotta say you had the eating part down pat.
:D:P

(I refuse to call anything that I can do competently a 'sport'):P

Do I recall you once called sex a sport?
:o
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

losing whuffo friends

hmmm - just put a bowl of boring ass activity out and they will show back up.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

that makes sense. i am 23 and people are finishing school, moving, getting married[:/], and just in general busy.

You can skydive and do both. Just choose your mate wisely. ;)

Don't worry about whuffo friends. Skydiver friends are better. You'll have enough whuffo friends to get by. Just don't tell 'em a bunch of jump stories. They really can't relate.:)

Your age has a lot to do with it. I am about the same, and lots of friends just disappear for the reasons you listed. They get busy with real jobs and turn into cubical slaves etc etc. It happens. If they really are your friend, make an effort to hang out with them. Some of my best friends I don't see very often, hence I don't get burned out on them, and I am genuinely stoked to see them again.
If skydiving makes you happy, keep doing it. As long as you make an effort to hang with people, no big deal.

...been pretty clear that I don't have any plans to ever jump again,

Well, if you ever get a hankerin' and change your mind, I want you to come here...We'll have a 'Divot Jumps Free Day on me. We'll even make let somebody jump with you.
;)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239