npgraphicdesign

Pet peeves.

Skydiving
- People who blow off safety knowledge.
- People who let others talk them into doing something stupid.
- People who do stupid shit without thinking about the consequences of things going wrong.
- People who brag about the stupid shit they do.
- "Look at ME" people.
- People who trash the DZ.

Other:
- Vehicle drivers
- Self-centered people
- People with no common sense or logic

More other:
- 1000 things I can't think of right now because of the skydiving #1 and #3 lines.

Oh hell, now you've got me pissed off thinking about this stuff.
>:(

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Don't really have any skydiving pet peeves because i haven't really been in the sport too long to have any. But my everyday pet peeves.

-People who say "i could care less" as opposed to "I couldn't care less"
-People who don't say "you're welcome"(or at least acknowledge in some way, shape, or form that you said thank you) when you say "thank you".
-People who don't use their blinkers
-Parents who let their children run around stores or just overall dont keep an eye on their children.

I probably have a thousand more but i can't think of them right now.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

You forgot:
- People authoritatively posting about what happened in 'Nam, even though they weren't there?:ph34r:

Shhhhh!
BillVon is listening with his finger poised over the 'ban" button.
:D:D

-People who say "i could care less" as opposed to "I couldn't care less"

Hahahaha thank you... me too! def in my top 5.

Same here... still don't understand why that happens as much as it does. :(

ETA: I have yet to jump at a dz I didn't like. :)
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

There was a "pet peeve" thread a while ago that went on for quite a while... After I post I'm going to check if my pet peeves were/are the same!!

- People who walk slowly, especially if they block the way for people who actually have somewhere to go.

- People who stand around in groups and block the passage of others who need to get somewhere.

- People who drive slowly in the fast-lane... The fast lane is to overtake people who drive below the limit and you can't do that if some asshat is blocking the fast-lane!!

- People who put barriers in front of you just because it gives them a sense of self-importance (as opposed to having a valid reason for saying no).

- People who believe what they hear without bothering to question it first.

- People who lie, especially when the lie damages someone else's reputation.

- Selfish lovers (ie: they expect head but won't go down on you for more than 1 minute because it's too much "work", or they make no effort at all to give you an orgasm. Ever.).

I won't go on - I could be here all day!!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

- People who walk slowly, especially if they block the way for people who actually have somewhere to go.

- People who stand around in groups and block the passage of others who need to get somewhere.

- People who put barriers in front of you just because it gives them a sense of self-importance (as opposed to having a valid reason for saying no).

You saved me the typing, thanks. I`m really, really, really pissed about those things, especially 1 and 2. But all three things could be put in "I`m the only one important here" category. Oversized self-importance is on the rise these days... [:/]

In skydiving:
People who don`t know that they don`t know and act like know it all.
dudeist skydiver #42

But all three things could be put in "I`m the only one important here" category. Oversized self-importance is on the rise these days... [:/]

Well, in fairness, the slow-walkers/gagglers are sometimes simply oblivious to others around them... Sometimes it's out of self-importance and sometimes they're distracted and sometimes they're just plain dumb. It's still annoying, whatever the reason!!! :D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

You mean throw their garbage on the ground or bad mouth it to others?

I don't like either. :S

The Trailer Trash.
You can tell the path they walk by the trail of trash they leave behind them.

No self respect.
No respect for the DZ.
No respect for the DZO's place of business.
No respect for the DZO and what he does for all of us.
No concept of what those barrels with the liners in them are nor what they are for.

You know the ones I'm talking about. When you call them on it they all read from the same script:
"It wasn't ME!"

- Selfish lovers (ie: they expect head but won't go down on you for more than 1 minute because it's too much "work", or they make no effort at all to give you an orgasm. Ever.).

Well, two things...
- I could fix that problem for you.:)or
- I don't like the smell of fish either.:|

Well, two things...

Well played sir. Well played. ::applaud:::ph34r:;):P
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

Well, two things...

Already fixed it :P. (and it wasn't me that was the problem ya cheeky bastard!! :D)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

The only thing I can add is, get out of the left lane even if your going the limit. Had that lecture from a state trooper. It's HIS lane. Plus I speed, not autobon crazy, but 10-15 over, don't want me on your tail, then move over. I am more polite in heavy traffic when they have no real choice.

:D:D

True story:
Germany, 1972, autobahn, hitchhiking...

Old guy pulls up in a Volkswagon and offers a ride.
I'm thinking...this can't be good. But, I was desperate and got in.

Sure enough....we putt, putt, putt along with cars and bikes blazing past us doing Gott knows what speed.

Me: Ummmm...you can let me out at the next exit.
[:/]

I can handle slow walkers in stores and on sidewalks. Maybe they're just browsing. But I hate people who stroll as slowly as possible through crosswalks, holding up traffic for as long as they can, practically reveling in the experience. From what I've observed, street people are the worst. It seems to be their only moment of power. Or maybe that shopping cart is what's slowing them down.:D

You'd never make it working for the FAA. :P:D

That would never work in an LTR. :)

1.People who cannot fill an ice tray back up when I need it for my Captain and Coke, 2.people who slam on the brakes on black ice, 3.people who cannot let the past go and live in the past, 4.SKYGODS, 5.people who forget what it was like being a student and refuse to jump with anyone unless they have a minimum of 100 jumps,6. people who lie, and most of all mean people and vengeful people! and people who never smile:ph34r:

" Mean people SUCK!"

In the restaurant or the drivethru it's just completely over the top with prompting:

1 - Don't take the first half minute trying to offer me something from the list your boss told you to ask everyone. I can order without that.

2 - Don't ask me "would you like anything else" - I already completed my order

3 - If I want to contribute to whatever charity you are pushing, I can read the sign you have up there, don't ask me.

4 - (eat in) - sure ask me if I would like dessert. But stop there. That way, if I say 'no thanks' then I don't have tolisten to you list the freakin' menu.

serving is too much talking, not enough listening anymore

other - if you have a Stop Sign, could you just come to a complete stop so everybody else knows what order the right of way is. Creeping forward like that is just idiotic.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

People who insist on touching my computer screen at work leaving their smeg stained finger prints. >:(

Really tall guys who date really short girls.

Simon Cowell

People who drive silver cars

Men who piss in a urinal so hard there is major splashback. [:/]

Superfical greedy self centred people.

People who get to the end of an escalator, step off and then stand there figuring out where to go next.

BP
:)