davjohns

Beautiful = Messed up?

I just have this general idea that the more attractive a woman is, the greater the probability that she has issues.

One of my best friends in high school was just drop dead gorgeous. We'd go clubbing and she couldn't walk a foot without some guy reaching out to try to get her attention. Another guy stopped us in the mall once to run a line about putting her in music videos and one guy once described her to my boyfriend as a "walking wet dream." She was also one of the most down to earth, kind, intelligent, heads up, centered people I've known. She was fortunate to just be naturally attractive - no hours in front of the mirror trying to look like anyone else or following trends. She did put in effort with makeup and clothes, just not a ton of it. No rape issues (at least last time I checked). No entitlement. Just an amazing person who last time I checked had her own opthamology practice and was the mother of two beautiful children. So, I think she's a perfect example that your idea is not some universal constant.

Perhaps your definition of beauty happens to encompass a biased sample? Do you find that most of the women you date have hair that exact right shade of blonde? Or are they all almost white-blonde? That's just one little example of a red flag to me. It's one thing when a woman likes to change up her look and goes from red to black to blue to blonde to whatever. It's a whole different story when she feels compelled to dye her hair a color that everyone else uses and defines as the "appropriate" color.

I have also found that a huge percentage have been raped at some time and that has had a terrible consequence for them.

I don't want to touch off any sort of rape debate, but this just seems like such a sweeping statement that I had to at least highlight it and say you may be working with a biased sample. What drew you to these women? Did they need a rescuer or a strong man to protect them? If so, why?

As at least one poster above has said "beauty" and "messed up" are all in the eye of the beholder. It's quite possible that the friend I described above wouldn't even catch your eye. I don't know what you go for, but the friend I described is definitely not proto-typical American blonde.

I'm really lax with my definition of beauty, so that isn't much of an issue. I am pretty sure you are correct in saying my sampling is biased. I'm just looking for other opinions / experience. Thanks for the insightful comments.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Women are herd animals. Women cannot function as individuals. Women always have a peer group they adhere to. Women are all about everybody doing the same thing and getting along. Nobody, in womens opinion, should ever do their own thing and go their own way.

Think about it. How many women you know who do their own thing and risk potential social isolation due to going their own way. Not that many right. Now think about how many men you know who do that.

Hell the whole history of the mankind is built on the fact that men went out of their way to go against the grain of the society Galileo Galilei, Christopher Columbus etc.

I know theres bound to be a response from some chick saying 'well i'm not like that'. I don't care. Women in general are like that and just because you aren't doesn't mean dick all.

WOW!

Help me understand what you're saying, mkay.

So you're generalizing HALF the species to a population of "herd animals"? But... ONLY the half you don't belong to. Men of course CAN function as individuals, but NOT women.

By this post, I think that I could argue a corollary: that men CAN'T play in society. They can't consider the population as a whole or even look outside their narcissistic personality. But we know that theory is wrong. Look at all the great leaders that DID actually happen to be male, that DID integrate their "lone wolf" persona into a functioning member of a collective. But... THEY were respected and revered.

NOW, lets look at what happens when WOMEN have tried to step out of that shallow belief. Hmmmm.... Salem Witch Trials? Those women were HANGED for being individuals. And how many women in the past were martyred for "non-herd" beliefs? You list individual names of men to prove your theory, but then completely dismiss and future comments from the other side of the argument with a " I don't care" and a "doesn't mean dick all."

This ignoratio elenchi doesn't really even discuss whether beautiful women are messed up... it just claims that all women, beautiful AND ugly, are cows (no offense, Lisa :)

This reminds me of the age old saying, "Why are engineering girls bat shit crazy? Because there are 50 guys to one girl so she can be and still get a date!"
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

This reminds me of the age old saying, "Why are engineering girls bat shit crazy? Because there are 50 guys to one girl so she can be and still get a date!"

??? Who the heck says that? Oh yeah...engineers. That's why nobody else has ever heard this 'age old saying'.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

PS: no wonder women say there's lots of assholes out there... :S

Look such is life. Like it or not it's how things go.
Being good looking for a girl is much like having a get out of jail free card. That or if she is in an environment where there are very few girls and lots of guys.

We are as a species programmed to go as far as society will allow us. And well, like it or not society gives girls of a given build more leeway than more....robust women.

And to add salt to open wounds, no matter where you go with a few exceptions this "given build" appears to be universal. So what is a girl to do?

Well simple. As I told one of the ladies in my yoga class whose daughter is "handsome" and who had some "issues" with attracting boys. If they game isn't fitting your style try a different table. In which case I suggested she send her daughter to engineering school.......the girl who did not have a single date all her life had a boyfriend by the second day of classes and from what I'm told has developed a bit of a chip on her shoulder. So she is quickly getting on the crazy train and will soon join the ranks of the batshit crazy....that is until she graduates from engineering school and tries to find a guy in the "real world" where she will be blown out of the water by the girls who are actually good looking and will spend hundreds of thousands on therapy and eventually marry another engineer who knows no better and spend hours bitching about how all the girls on the magazine covers are all anorexic and fake.

The circle of life!
Sadly there is no where a fat lazy bastard of a man can go where he will have the same experience.
No one said the world was fare.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I've of course been 'out of the game' for quite a while now...

But it was an interesting dynamic to watch at the DZ one weekday last summer.
Gorgeous young girl, early 20's comes to the dropzone with her boyfriend...he's doing a tandem.

EVERY swingdick stud-muffin in the place was trying to swoop the poor girl every time she was more than 20 feet away from her guy...each one dong his own variation of a fertility dance. :ph34r:

It was an interesting thing to watch. Over the course of a couple hours, she went from 'new situation shy' to 'standoff-ish' to 'bitchy cold'...

She didn't appear to have any issues other than the 'harassment' she was getting primarily because of her looks.

Begs the question, maybe 'some' beautiful women are bat-shit crazy...because WE make 'em that way?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I've of course been 'out of the game' for quite a while now...

But it was an interesting dynamic to watch at the DZ one weekday last summer.
Gorgeous young girl, early 20's comes to the dropzone with her boyfriend...he's doing a tandem.

EVERY swingdick stud-muffin in the place was trying to swoop the poor girl every time she was more than 20 feet away from her guy...each one dong his own variation of a fertility dance. :ph34r:

It was an interesting thing to watch. Over the course of a couple hours, she went from 'new situation shy' to 'standoff-ish' to 'bitchy cold'...

She didn't appear to have any issues other than the 'harassment' she was getting primarily because of her looks.

Begs the question, maybe 'some' beautiful women are bat-shit crazy...because WE make 'em that way?

I think this was part of my original proposition.

You know this would make a great mocumentary!
Do we have any one with a convincing UK accent who can put a voice to this?

"And here we see the self proclaimed skygod, he has spotted the hot piece of ass as he is 400m off the deck and goes from what could be described as an epic swoop so as to swoon the opposite sex. Note the flamboyant costume and colors of his wing and the subsiquent dance and hoot calls....."
;)

From my view, "pretty" "attractive" and "beautiful" are separate values.
"Pretty" is appearance.
"Attractive" is who she is.
"Beautiful" is a combination of "pretty" and "attractive."

There are women that are exceptionally attractive that aren't so pretty. There are women that are exceptionally pretty that aren't so attractive.
Then there are women that are exceptionally pretty that are exceptionally happy, capable, balanced=beautiful.
Skymama would be an example that comes to mind.

Lindsay Lohan is very pretty, unattractive as hell, and not remotely close to beautiful.

If you think they're harder to manage, I'd submit that your preconceived notion probably sets sthe stage for them being harder to manage.

You know this would make a great mocumentary!
Do we have any one with a convincing UK accent who can put a voice to this?

"And here we see the self proclaimed skygod, he has spotted the hot piece of ass as he is 400m off the deck and goes from what could be described as an epic swoop so as to swoon the opposite sex. Note the flamboyant costume and colors of his wing and the subsequent dance and hoot calls....."
;)

...notice how the subordinate members of the herd retreat away from the alpha-male during this rooting ceremony.

Listen carefully and you can actually hear as in hushed tones, as they chirp a song of jealousy and incontentment...all the while trying to distract and seduce away the attention OF the fertile females with large watches and BMW key-chains.

The shiny, sparkly trinkets of 2nd place!

:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Aw, Douglas. You're just making me blush now. Thank-you for your compliment. :)
This thread is interesting to me. At my age now, I'm sometimes told that I'm attractive. I can assure you, that wasn't always the case. I couldn't get a date in high school! I learned to develop and rely on my personality and intelligence, not my looks. So to the OP, don't pass up a woman just because she's attractive; you might be passing up on a girl that didn't have the experiences you described and won't be as "messed up" as you think she is.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

don't pass up a woman just because she's attractive
Hu?
Age old saying "I don't care if she's a cannibal, she's cute!"

You girls will be amazed how much shit we guys will put up with just because a girl is cute. Extra leeway will be given if she is cute and kinky!

From the OP's post"

But it is a reason I don't tend to approach the women I find most attractive.

because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

So you went to an all-girls school, eh?

lol...no, regular public school, 650 students in my class. My dad told me I was intimidating because of my accomplishments, but I always just thought that was lame and he was trying to make me feel better. :ph34r:

Doug: remember that you 're a mod now. You don't need to suck up so bad.... ;)

it's bonfire - 3/4ths of the suck up cliches haven't even been offered here yet and I proud that DSE has decided to prime the pump - I'm pretty disappointed that someone hasn't tossed out "women that skydive are hot" just as another suck up - that one's usually out within 3 posts - mostly just the whole "personality vs appearance" and the "look inside" rote script

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It'd be nice if guys could pretend they had seen a good looking woman before and knew how to act.:P

I've been hanging on the strut of the 182 watching my jump buddy trying to kiss my spectator girlfriend goodbye. Jeez, at least try to hit on 'em when I'm not looking.:S:D

I'm pretty disappointed that someone hasn't tossed out "women that skydive are hot"

Women that skydive are hot.:)
There, feel better?:D BTW, I don't have to suck up. I got mine already.;):P

skydiving women that sew are hot

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

don't pass up a woman just because she's attractive
Hu?
Age old saying "I don't care if she's a cannibal, she's cute!"

You girls will be amazed how much shit we guys will put up with just because a girl is cute. Extra leeway will be given if she is cute and kinky!

I think you are speaking for yourself here. While I might put up with some crazy,self centered, ditzy bitch for entertainment purposes. The second I'm not amused anymore it's Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

Hell, half the people on my facebook page are there just to make me feel a little less fucked up.