Nataly

Do you feel guilty when you eat?

I share an apartment with a guy and I swear every time I eat something he makes a comment like "whew - that's gonna be lots of hours at the gym!" or "ohh, that's really fatty - you're not going to stay skinny eating that!"

Honestly, I think he has a food complex, because all he ever talks about is food in relation to fat and/or guilt. I was just wondering if this is common??

Do you feel guilty when you eat??
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nope, never.

And it's none of his business what you eat.

Yep, same for me. I don't really have that kind of relationship with food. I'm hungry - I eat. Simple.

And yeah, it isn't any of his business, but I don't care - what he says reflects his complex, not mine!! Still, I find it unusual the way he seems to anguish over every little morsel of food. He's strange when he eats as well.. He gorges on food, says he ate too much, eats some more, and then spends hours at the gym to "burn it off". He's *constantly* talking about food - like he's obsessed. I just don't think about food unless I'm hungry, so all this seems kinda weird to me.

It's not 'cause I'm skinny either - I've fluctuated a lot and even when I was heavy I didn't think about it. Meh. Different strokes for different folks...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nope, never.

And it's none of his business what or who you eat.

;)

:D:D:D I don't feel guilty over *who* I eat either!! :o:)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nope, never.

And it's none of his business what or who you eat.

;)

:D:D:D I don't feel guilty over *who* I eat either!! :o:)

I LOVE food - well prepared and served food - delicious food - bad for you food - fast food, healthy food, food food, expecially when it is well prepared, thought out, and presented well.

BUT

No more - can't do that [:/] Bidy said "No More"[:/]

well, at least not very often.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

See this is what happens when girls date "pretty" boys.
Key indicators that YOU are dating a "pretty" boy.
1) His jeans are tighter than yours?
2) He has his manicurists phone number memorized, knows her first, middle and last name and her birthday.
3) His eyebrows are just that much more in shape than yours.
4) Guy liner....need I say more?
5) He has more products in the shower than you do.
6) Orders Cosmos or other drinks that have more than two ingredients.
7) Actually looks at what he is eating....and uses the words "Organic" while describing how something tastes.
8) His flannel shirts, are fitted and designer
Ladies, stop dating these "pretty" boys. Sure they are fun to shop with and do qualify as gay guys with benefits but let's be honest we rougher guys though a shabby will never take longer than you to dress, never say the words "ouch heavy" or question what you are eating as long as you are making some for us.

This is a pubic notice announcement by Dr. Shah reminding all of you
Keep it tight, keep it neat, the fur bikini is so 1970 and if you are going do it do it like you mean it, put your back into it and share the videos.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

See this is what happens when girls date "pretty" boys.
Key indicators that YOU are dating a "pretty" boy.
1) His jeans are tighter than yours?
2) He has his manicurists phone number memorized, knows her first, middle and last name and her birthday.
3) His eyebrows are just that much more in shape than yours.
4) Guy liner....need I say more?
5) He has more products in the shower than you do.
6) Orders Cosmos or other drinks that have more than two ingredients.
7) Actually looks at what he is eating....and uses the words "Organic" while describing how something tastes.
8) His flannel shirts, are fitted and designer
Ladies, stop dating these "pretty" boys. Sure they are fun to shop with and do qualify as gay guys with benefits but let's be honest we rougher guys though a shabby will never take longer than you to dress, never say the words "ouch heavy" or question what you are eating as long as you are making some for us.

This is a pubic notice announcement by Dr. Shah reminding all of you
Keep it tight, keep it neat, the fur bikini is so 1970 and if you are going do it do it like you mean it, put your back into it and share the videos.

Shah . . . what you describe above is not a "pretty boy" it is a gay man that hasn't quite come to terms and dates women still.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Shah . . . what you describe above is not a "pretty boy" it is a gay man that hasn't quite come to terms and dates women still.

You would think that.......but sadly these guys just don't seem to want to go gay! And the ladies keep finding them to be "cute".
Faked bakes, lip gloss and pink polo shirts and skinny jeans......and the ladies are going ga ga for them.
And then they wonder?
I blame that gay vampire dude.....he sparkles in the sun? WTF! Sparkles! What the hell kind of vampire "sparkles"? Not even Liberace was this gay!
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/celebrity-pictures-liberace-bling-wayne.jpg
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Because of having a 60 pound weight loss, I don't like to eat fattening food at all because I work hard at staying at my current weight. Eating something fattening just means I have to work out more or be more strict the next day. It's easier to just eat something healthy. I do budget for wine and chocolate every day in my calorie count and I eat crap sometimes when I'm at a party or someone's house, but it's not even weekly that I do that. So, it's not really guilt when I eat the bad stuff, it's more remorse.

I do give Normiss a hard time for eating fattening food, but it's just because I want him to be healthy and stick around for awhile. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

No. I've been thin my entire life, I stay pretty active so I don't have to work too hard to stay that way.

Since turning 40, however, I have noticed that I grow a gut more readily (and have to work harder to get rid of it), so I've focused more on eating better.

One thing I have to pay attention to is eating while driving. I keep a variety of stuff (healthy and not so much) to munch on while going down the road. I have to keep an eye on my behaviors and make sure I'm eating because I'm hungry and not because I'm bored.

Interestingly, I've been going through some difficult times lately, and when I'm dealing with that sort of thing I don't eat as much. A friend who I've been talking to about this found it amusing because when he's going through difficult times, he eats more.

And I agree that your roommate (just roommate or new boyfriend Nataly?) has some food issues. Those are far more common among women, but not unknown in men.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

And I agree that your roommate (just roommate or new boyfriend Nataly?) .

We may have a file photo....
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/0/0/1/4/3/8/5/1/5/demotivational_posters_if_a_tree_falls_in_the_forest.jpeg
:P

I feel guilty whenever I overeat or indulge in something unhealthy. I used to be nearly morbidly obese so that kind of fuels my guilt when ever I have a lapse in my eating habits.

I feel somewhat jealous of people who can remain in normal weight just by eating whenever they're hungry where as I have to constantly, over the day, think what I've eaten and what I can still eat so I won't go over. Sucks knowing that if I ate whenever I felt like it and how much I'd want I'd be easily eating something like 3,500 to 4,500 kcal's a day at least.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

I share an apartment with a guy and I swear every time I eat something he makes a comment like "whew - that's gonna be lots of hours at the gym!" or "ohh, that's really fatty - you're not going to stay skinny eating that!"

Honestly, I think he has a food complex, because all he ever talks about is food in relation to fat and/or guilt. I was just wondering if this is common??

Tell him to fuck off or find a new place to live.

I used to obsess over what I ate, but it was because I was 100lbs over weight. Once I made the decision to loose the weight I found things I could eat that still fueled my love of good food without making myself crazy for eating in the first place. It's a balance I never thought I'd find, but now that I have it isn't so bad.

Tell him to fuck off or find a new place to live.

yeah I bet Nataly does not demean him by saying
"gee you are going to need depends if you keep doing that to yourself";)

Maybe she could get him a job at the dz as a windsock.:D:D:D