fcajump

Relining a Delta II

I am looking for someone experienced in working with a Delta II (regallo wing, not a ram-air).

Having pealed the line reenforsing off (can you say duck-tape?) I am thinking of relining it...

Basic questions:
I know the original lines are 1k-lb multi-core lines, but was the 1k necessary or overkill? I have it in white and will use it if/as necessary, but want to keep the original color and can only find it in 550.

Does anyone have an original manual for the Delta II?
(Looking for original line lengths)

Thanks,
JW
Sr Rigger
Jr Parachute Historian ;)
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Delta II opened brutally hard with the original OSI. Any lesser line would not stay in trim.
Hopefully my Delta II will open softer with a slider, but I have no time to test jump it with the slider.

I cut the OSI down on mine, but the openings were always interesting.

You might want to do what the Paradactyl did to slow openings and have two sliders. The normal one and the nose slider, which was basically a length of webbing with two grommets in it that joind the two outboard nose lines. The slider gets banded to the nose line.

We did some more jumps on the Dactyl this weekend, but now it's back in the box, awaiting another special occaision.

The Delta II, I sold to David Layne at skydive Mobile. He may still have it.

I am looking for someone experienced in working with a Delta II (regallo wing, not a ram-air).

Having pealed the line reenforsing off (can you say duck-tape?) I am thinking of relining it...

If you reline it, you better make sure to replace the lines in the correct color. If you get just one of those blue ones out of sequence, the OSI won't release.