thrillstalker

fly wild alaska

I've seen a couple of episodes. it's on fri. night. i like his cute daughter's comment. " I'm the worlds worst inuit I'm cold all the time"
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

... crafty edited ...

And sometimes NOT so craftily edited. There was one scene (going to get climbers off a mountain, IIRC) where the editing kept jumping between a single Otter (turbine) and a Beaver (piston engine) and the only thing the aircraft had in common was that they were both on skis and both were red. Watching that scene was like playing some weird Canadian version of "duck, duck, goose": Otter, otter, beaver, beaver, otter, beaver, otter, beaver, otter, otter, beaver.

Elvisio "made my eyes hurt" Rodriguez

yeah i liked fri's episode." I'm scouting for new places to land." and then you have ground footage of him seating down short in the water to slow the plane down so he can land on this virgin untouched 300 ft gravel bar:P

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

yeah i liked fri's episode." I'm scouting for new places to land." and then you have ground footage of him seating down short in the water to slow the plane down so he can land on this virgin untouched 300 ft gravel bar:P

I don't quite understand how they "measure" their off airport runways. How is it that he can just barely squeeze the landing in on the 300' gravel bar, then take on another 500 plus lbs and take off?

I noticed the airplane switch out (Single otter for Cessna 207 and or Beaver) on Sara Palin's Alaska.

Alaska is home to more bears than humans, and apparently every Cessna 207 ever manufactured.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

It is crazy to see all of those wonderful jump planes being used for something besides jumpers! Although I have a feeling those pilots would fit right in around the bonfire at a DZ.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It is crazy to see all of those wonderful jump planes being used for something besides jumpers! Although I have a feeling those pilots would fit right in around the bonfire at a DZ.

The one pilot Ben was a jump pilot down in Lompoc, CA.

I ran into a guy named Phil one day when I was hunting on Kodiak Island. He was flying hunters out to their camps on the island. He told me that he was also a jump pilot in Hawaii during the winter months. 9 months later I went to Hawaii on vacation, and met up with him at the DZ. Nice guy.

As far as the bears outnumbering the people. That is false. 2010 census has approx 710,000 people. There are 100,000 Black Bear, 35,000 Grizzly Bear, and 3500 Polar Bear.