skycamefalling

Jury Duty.......

Do you like to serve or would you do anything to get out of it?

I personally like it and I had to go in today. I just hate the waiting around to see if I get called up to a court room. But if do get picked, I get out of work for how ever long and get paid my full wages for the entire time and get weekends off. I served once back in 2009 on a month long trial and loved it.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Self employed, I hate it. And, having lost a brother to a murder, and been the victim of theft....if your ass is dumb enough to get hauled into the court...your guilty. Told this to a judge once, .... got dismissed.

Self employed, I hate it. And, having lost a brother to a murder, and been the victim of theft....if your ass is dumb enough to get hauled into the court...your guilty. Told this to a judge once, .... got dismissed.

had you been hauled into court at the time? ..... um... seems so :P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

i hate it with a passion and my job pays me. Just seems like a waste of my time. I work hard to get thrown out. i start out pretty mild but am not afraid to say something extremely politically incorrect if need be. Usually start with the classic, "I can tell just by looking at a guy if he did it" it gets more racist if that doesnt work.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

Never been summoned. Just as well. They'd throw me out in a hurry.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

i love it. gets me out of work and weekends off too. My company pays me full wages so i dont lose out on anything either.

My first trial was two weeks and was a civil case. There were days that we were only in the court room for a couple hours and got the rest of the day off. I'd do it again if i was called.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

I couldn't figure out if Yes or No was the right answer to this question so I settled for Boobies... because I like them... just ask my wife...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I couldn't figure out if Yes or No was the right answer to this question so I settled for Boobies... because I like them... just ask my wife...

.... I know you do... :D
Did you know that boobies sometimes get cancer? Sometimes boobies get so much cancer that the doctors go and cut the boobies and take them away!:o

Did you know that boobies sometimes get cancer? Sometimes boobies get so much cancer that the doctors go and cut the boobies and take them away!:o
but but... boobies can't get cancer... I like boobies too much... :)

what do you like about boobies? :)

what do you like about boobies? :)
well... they're round, and soft, and squeezable, and kissable, and just wonderful in every way... :$... they're boobies... :)

I voted yes but “like” may be to strong a word. I understand the necessity of it as a member of society. I can appreciate people who don’t want to serve because of the financial hardship it would cause (believe my I get that). I also understand someone who is self employed and is the only one or one of few that can keep the business going. I am sure there are other reasons to be less than overjoyed at the prospect of jury duty.
I don’t get the people who “hate it with a passion” (even though they are getting paid) and they feel that it is “like a waste of my time” and they “work hard to get thrown out”.

With all that being said, boobies are good.

I have only been summoned 3 times in the past 10 years. I dont cringe when I see them in the mail. I did when I got my first one though. I just got released from jury duty>:( I was hoping for a paid mini vacation from work. Oh well. I guess 2013 is not that far away.

Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

I voted yes but “like” may be to strong a word. I understand the necessity of it as a member of society. I can appreciate people who don’t want to serve because of the financial hardship it would cause (believe my I get that). I also understand someone who is self employed and is the only one or one of few that can keep the business going. I am sure there are other reasons to be less than overjoyed at the prospect of jury duty.
I don’t get the people who “hate it with a passion” (even though they are getting paid) and they feel that it is “like a waste of my time” and they “work hard to get thrown out”.

With all that being said, boobies are good.

I'll explain a bit. I dont feel a strong sense of duty is fullfilled by it. I am a veteran and longtime vol firefigher. i serve and served my community. Someone else can do jury duty for me.

i find it horribly boring and tedious. I find the municiple employees rude and disrespectful. Its a hassle to get there and park, check in and then wait to be called. I cannot use a computer and find myself bored with whatever book or mag's i brought.

also, i might be getting paid but i enjoy my job. Its easy to get too and people are intelligent and polite.
I could go on but hopefully that will help you get a sense why someone might hate it.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

I'll explain a bit. I dont feel a strong sense of duty is fullfilled by it. I am a veteran and longtime vol firefigher. i serve and served my community. Someone else can do jury duty for me.

i find it horribly boring and tedious. I find the municiple employees rude and disrespectful. Its a hassle to get there and park, check in and then wait to be called. I cannot use a computer and find myself bored with whatever book or mag's i brought.

also, i might be getting paid but i enjoy my job. Its easy to get too and people are intelligent and polite.
I could go on but hopefully that will help you get a sense why someone might hate it.

I appreciate the insight. I can’t argue with any of your disappointments. So you admit then that generally, boobies are good.

If I were not in a commission-only sales position, I would enjoy the experience of federal jury duty. I was called for federal last year and the cases were a minimum of seven to ten days each. I almost had a panic attack. It would literally be a big charitable donation from me to my country to sacrifice that kind of time. I was not selected, and--having said that--actually enjoyed the day off and almost finished a new book I had been meaning to get to having been called at the very end.

Less than a year latter, I have now been summoned to county. I called to select a new date and am praying it is just for the one day.

County does not interest me, but I am happy to serve if it is quick (as I am told it should be). I just am not happy to have to drive downtown, much less then wait for a shuttle and stand/sit amongst God knows who.
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

I've only been asked to do it once. I was 4 months pregnant at the time and had to throw up every 5 to 10 mins. I wrote them to explain my situation and they excused me right away. They haven't asked to have me back since. :S I would do it again if they asked. My baby is 22 years old now and I don't puke anymore. B|