shah269

So should I expect to get something?

So, I'm kind of sort of maybe seeing someone or two or three at the moment.
A few dates, dinner, drinks, movies, dry humping on a couch or two......am I off the hook this year for Valentine's day?
Or do I HAVE to do or get something?
And if so should I expect to get something?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

be prepared but play it by ear.

YEAH!
I blame my friends!
We had this "talk"
"Shah you are 34, bla bla bla you are older bla bla bla bla you can't risk just going after one girl for months on end and seeing how it works out bla bla bla you really should date more than one girl at the same time bla bla bla serial monogamy bad for someone in your position bla bla bla bla”
And now I'm here.......eh....should be fun!
I guess I got lucky that Valentine's day falls on a Monday!
:)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I don't know but when Scarlett Johansson says "dry hump", I think it's romantic!:P Skip to 0:40B|

Because you have b(+)(+)bies on the brain!
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/stancho/425_Scarlett_Johansson_NO_BRA_NIP_SLIP_Signed_8x10_WOW___.jpg

If you want her to feel special, then do or get something. Small, impersonally personal (like 2 chocolate-covered strawberries delivered to her office or home or eaten on a wine-bar date, or, if it's more serious, a meal that you cook).

If she makes it clear she expects something, you might want to consider whether you want to keep dating her...

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I don't know but when Scarlett Johansson says "dry hump", I think it's romantic!:P Skip to 0:40B|

Because you have b(+)(+)bies on the brain!
http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/stancho/425_Scarlett_Johansson_NO_BRA_NIP_SLIP_Signed_8x10_WOW___.jpg

Uhhhhh......BRAVO!B|
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

her
Wendy we are talking 5 girls here!
If it were just one or two I would be fine.
Well I guess I am, of the 5 I've seen one only twice, aother only three times, one 4 and the other I traveled with for two weeks.
You know....I "should" be ok!

Oh hell -- no way!!! :ph34r:
You can pick one, tell the others which one you picked, and then watch the fireworks :)

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

her
Well I guess I am, of the 5 I've seen one only twice, aother only three times, one 4 and the other I traveled with for two weeks.

Shah. You have an opportunity to solidify your reputation as a pig (no offence meant! ;)). Get them all together. Heck, 2 or 3 would work too.

All of dz.com will call you all sorts of names, but most of the guys will silently admire you ;)
Remster

her

Five?

I really don't want to hear you bitch about not finding a girl who makes you happy if you are splitting your attention among 5 different women. How can you keep them straight?
How can you get to really know any of them?

Note - I'm talking about developing a serious, long-term relationship here, not just hookups.

Oh yeah, if you don't get them anything, then don't expect anything.:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

her

Shah. You have an opportunity to solidify your reputation as a pig (no offence meant! ;)). Get them all together. Heck, 2 or 3 would work too.

All of dz.com will call you all sorts of names, but most of the guys will silently admire you ;)

That is working for Charlie: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/09/us-charliesheen-idUSTRE7185VP20110209
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Five?
How can you keep them straight?
How can you get to really know any of them?

Note - I'm talking about developing a serious, long-term relationship here, not just hookups.

I'm not hooking up with all of them. Some have just been one or two dates since the start of the year. Or one or two dates with a bit of dry humping.
As for keeping them "straight" I think they are but I'm hoping they are Bi :)
As for "knowing them" well...sadly that's really easy. I'm cursed in that I can run my way into the Friend Zone as if it were my job. BUT but having 5 different girls to talk to I never ever get there. So it works rather well.

As for a serious long term thing...that's the plan. BUT as with before where I just focused on one girl....I now just hedge my bets. Think of it as a game of roulette. The more chips you have on the table the better your odds! After all only a moron would lay all their chips on one number.

And so far....it has worked. One girl calls and says she can't make it.....well there is another!

I'll be honest with you, it's not what I really want. In a perfect world....IN A PERFECT WORLD...I would just date one girl and see where things go. But well, my friends are right. What did serial monogamy get me? LOTS OF RISK! And well I'm 34, I really don't want to be single till I'm 43 and well...how else can you do it? Diversify your options to reduce your overall risk.

Like girls don't do that?
:P

I only have one piece of advice. The $40 rule ;)

Hell if he dates a few more, he can use the $4 rule. :P

"Csn I get that supersized?"
"I just don't think this is gonna work..."
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Diversify your options to reduce your overall risk.

Like girls don't do that?
:P

Hedge my bets? Never. I will date a guy if I think he's pretty great and it's hard enough to find one of those!! :P Why fuck it up by dating more than one person? Why date someone if there's no hope for long-term happiness with that person?

I'd just rather be single than with someone mediocre (or worse - several mediocre people!!!!)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I, on the other hand, would definitely date more than one guy when I was openly dating. If it got serious, then it'd move on to exclusive dating. We won't discuss exactly which actions took place during which phase, but going out to dinner and movies is definitely not in the exclusive-only category.

Wendy P.

I, on the other hand, would definitely date more than one guy when I was openly dating. If it got serious, then it'd move on to exclusive dating. We won't discuss exactly which actions took place during which phase, but going out to dinner and movies is definitely not in the exclusive-only category.

Wendy P.

I think Wendy gets it.
:)see people! I'm not that bad!

Wendy P.

Ah, ok.. So dating is like "hanging out" with someone before it gets serious.. Maybe that's more of an american thing.. I tend to think of dating as when you've stopped hanging out and you're actually a couple.

So on that basis, sure, open dating - why not. Never happened to me, but in theory it's fine.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

her

You just came here to brag, didn't you?>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So, I'm kind of sort of maybe seeing someone or two or three at the moment.
A few dates, dinner, drinks, movies, dry humping on a couch or two......am I off the hook this year for Valentine's day?
Or do I HAVE to do or get something?
And if so should I expect to get something?

Yes - rent out a small room in the back of a nice restaurant, bring four of your engineer friends, and do a mini speed date. :)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun