BIGUN

Open Heart Surgery

Just like my mechanic.

Go in for a simple lube job, come out with a re-built car.
[:/]

Welcome back big guy!
:)
PS: Hold out for Demerol.

Good stuff!

Good thing he can use our hearts in the mean time.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You went in for a tune up and ended up with new valves and a ring job. Nice! :D

Heal fast and well, and don't harass your nurses too much,

WHAT?

Take ALL the fun out of it - >:(

Flirt - Flirt Hard and Flirt Well! Then just blame it on the drugs . . .:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Hence the recommendation for Demerol.
:D:D

No jury in the world would convict if the hospitalized assailant patient was on doctor-prescribed Demerol.
I don't think so, anyway.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Hence the recommendation for Demerol.

No jury in the world would convict if the hospitalized assailant patient was on doctor-prescribed Demerol.
I don't think so, anyway.

They didn't arrest me. But I have a myopic view here.:ph34r:

Welcome back, Keith.

It's wonderful to know you're all tuned up and almost ready to go!

Too bad they didn't do any body work.

All that primer . . .

As you know, I recently went through major open heart surgery in which I had a Aortic Valve Replacement and a Mitral Valve Ring repair. According to the doctors I should feel better than I felt ten - twenty years ago. There is some major rehab, but most of it is over the next month with an exponential growth in strength and endurance each month thereafter.

I write to thank you for all your calls, PMs, thoughts, prayers and support.

Blue Skies,

Keith
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

As you know, I recently went through major open heart surgery in which I had a Aortic Valve Replacement and a Mitral Valve Ring repair. According to the doctors I should feel better than I felt ten - twenty years ago. There is some major rehab, but most of it is over the next month with an exponential growth in strength and endurance each month thereafter.

Blue Skies,

Keith

Aawwww - Just get back to a skyfest.

Blue Skies,

Keith

Gald to hear you're doing well my friend!

Take it slow & easy, you got a lotta time to get back in the swing, and plenty of reason! B|;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Blue Skies,

Keith

Any pics from the surgery or pics of your scar? ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

HA - I was looking through some old photos and I found yours when you first got back and were in recovery. Big Smiley face with the staples.:D:D

It would be a disappointing picture. I shoulda taken one the day after surgery with all the PICC/EKG lines, chest tubes filled with blood and the blood all over me as the tubes came out twice. One ICU day, the nurse sees all the blood coming through my very manly hospital teddy, she throws up the gown grabs two handfuls of 2x2 pads and starts looking around for tape. I grab the gauze out of her hands and said, "I'll apply the pressure, you get the tubes & tape." It was quite the mess, but we got it under control.

If I sent you a pic today, which I can do if you like, you would be seriously disappointed. I literally have a pencil line scar with a couple of chest tube dots. The Doc sews everything from within including the skin. Basically, a cosmetic repair as long as the surgery is going on. Course my chest cavity is one big lovely shade of dark purple bruise. :D

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

It would be a disappointing picture. I shoulda taken one the day after surgery with all the PICC/EKG lines, chest tubes filled with blood and the blood all over me as the tubes came out twice. One ICU day, the nurse sees all the blood coming through my very manly hospital teddy, she throws up the gown grabs two handfuls of 2x2 pads and starts looking around for tape. I grab the gauze out of her hands and said, "I'll apply the pressure, you get the tubes & tape." It was quite the mess, but we got it under control.

If I sent you a pic today, which I can do if you like, you would be seriously disappointed. I literally have a pencil line scar with a couple of chest tube dots. The Doc sews everything from within including the skin. Basically, a cosmetic repair as long as the surgery is going on. Course my chest cavity is one big lovely shade of dark purple bruise. :D

Hows that sternum feel?
Still hurting?

Glad you ain't dead!:D

Hows that sternum feel?
Still hurting?

Glad you ain't dead!

Actually, the sternum feels fine as long as I don't twist. Have to kinda do the "robot" turns for a couple of more weeks. Went to the doctor yesterday because my right foot swole up (ruh roh)... He ran a DVT test on both legs which came up clean. Turns out it was water retention. Whoda thunk water would hurt so bad.... gave me a diuretic and some potassium... seems to work and if about 1/2 as much this morning and not quite so painful.

I'm glad I ain't dead, also. You know going thru something like this will definitely give one pause about their lifestyle and priorities. It can be quite sobering to wake up one day with a 25 year old brain in a 53 year old body. >:(

Hows that sternum feel?
Still hurting?

Glad you ain't dead!

Actually, the sternum feels fine as long as I don't twist. Have to kinda do the "robot" turns for a couple of more weeks. Went to the doctor yesterday because my right foot swole up (ruh roh)... He ran a DVT test on both legs which came up clean. Tunrs out it was water rention. WHoda thunk water would hurt so bad.... gave me a diuretic and some potassium... seems to work and if about 1/2 as much this morning and not quite so painful.

I'm glad I ain't dead, also. You know going thru something like this will definitely give one pause about their lifestyle and priorities. It can be quite sobering to wake up one day with a 25 year old brain in a 53 year old body. >:(

I know and my brain is still 12![:/]

Glad you ain't dead!
I'm glad I ain't dead, also. You know going thru something like this will definitely give one pause about their lifestyle and priorities.

Cool on you for thinking like this. I am glad to see you are doing better and I look forward to running into you at a boogie or two this summer!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

So glad to hear you're doing better.
Hard to keep a good man down, eh?
:)
What was that about the Sterno?
You drinkin' that stuff?
Oh...sternum. Got it.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239