BIGUN

Open Heart Surgery

All the best to you as you pause to take care of this minor annoyance BIGUN! ;)

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I couldn't reply for awhile, I was distracted from picturing you in bed in your jammies. ;)

I hope everything goes as planned and that we can help keep you entertained as you recuperate! :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

One of my best sky buds had that surgery in Dec. and he's making a great recovery. He'll be back in the air this spring.
He got the pig valve instead of the mechanical valve.( no blood thinners) Good luck. Blue skies,

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

First, Thank you all for replying.
To those that have inquired, all the tests show that everything else is great.
Evidently I have a strong functioning heart, no other diseases (diabetes, etc. ) or concerns and my propensity for activity has prevented this from happening ten years ago.
I will be having pretty much the same procedure that Arnold Schwarznegger had and will be getting a bioprosthetic valve, not the mechanical one.

Max, quite frankly, it's guys like you from my generation of soldiers and those of your generation that give me inspiration. Those who've had battlefield injuries and had to endure multiple surgeries and longer rehabilitation than I'm facing. Open heart surgery can be a concerning thing, but as we learned in SERE - focus on some one thing beyond that day. The Doctor says that I should be 100% by six months. My focus is on that six month anniversary date of my surgery - to make a nice sunrise Hop-N-Pop, ride the hill, and if I time it right; to get two sunrises in one day - something that we as skydivers can only appreciate.

Well, guys, I'm off to the hospital for a couple of days of more testing (so far, the friggin tests are wearing me out more than the thought of surgery) and I'm going to go buy some new jammies, Mama. I'm thinking of buying the pair that has a penis print down one leg to the knee to check in the hospital with. ;)

Thank you all, Bigun

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I'm thinking of buying the pair that has a penis print down one leg to the knee to check in the hospital with. ;)

Thank you all, Bigun

Best of luck to you! Hope you pull through just fine!

As for the PJ's, as long as the hospital is not affiliated with a religion like Baptists or Catholic, you shouldn't have a problem. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Good luck, Keith.

Remember that the hospital is a dirty, dirty place. Be sure to get enough sponge baths. ;)

From the best looking RNs. :)

"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

As for the PJ's, as long as the hospital is not affiliated with a religion like Baptists or Catholic, you shouldn't have a problem.

I'll just tell them it's a "Heavy Cross to Bear." :o
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

and I'm going to go buy some new jammies, Mama. I'm thinking of buying the pair that has a penis print down one leg to the knee to check in the hospital with.

Well that would explain your heart problem!

Perhaps they should preform a reduction while they're at it!:P
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Bigun, you will no doubt rock this like you have all the other important things in your life.
Heal well and fast!
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Wow -- you must be really, really nice to have used your heart all up like that :o

Get well

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)