Celtics85

My dog is an asshole

I just got a german sheppard 3 weeks ago. He was 5 weeks when I got him and he is 8 weeks now. When he is around anyone else and I am not there he is cool and nice, but as soon as I am around he is a dick head to people. He never tries to be an asshole to me, just to the people around me. I think thats bad ass I just laugh. My girlfriend says he takes after his master. What a DICK!
Hallucinations are bad enough. But after a while you learn to cope with things like seeing your dead grandmother crawling up your leg with a knife in her teeth.

Probably leaves his beer cans strewn all over the place and puts out his cigarette butts on the carpet.

Never mind the beer farts and humping the girls legs.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Probably leaves his beer cans strewn all over the place and puts out his cigarette butts on the carpet.

BINGO!!!!
Hallucinations are bad enough. But after a while you learn to cope with things like seeing your dead grandmother crawling up your leg with a knife in her teeth.

BINGO!!!!

If there is no pictures or video - It didn't happen.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My mother used to breed German Shepards. We had two of them when I was a little boy. Umlaut and Schatzi. They are very loyal of their masters...and while you make think its funny now...you might not think its so funny later when his behavior gets out of control when you have others around you. Something you need to address very soon my friend.

My mother used to breed German Shepards. We had two of them when I was a little boy. Umlaut and Schatzi. They are very loyal of their masters...and while you make think its funny now...you might not think its so funny later when his behavior gets out of control when you have others around you. Something you need to address very soon my friend.

+1

My dog can be that way when he senses that someone is submissive or fears him.

Other than that he is playful and generally a fun dog to be around.

Just don't appeal to his prey drive.

The worst he does is get vocal when he complains (does not like being fucked with)

He will jump up to have someone put their arms out so he can be hugged. The problem is many people don't realize it.

Rainbo makes him want to lay on his back and act like puppy boy.:D

He is attempting to show his master that he is dominant over all others.

AGREED! the dominant dog in the relationship will try to protect his submissive dog(owner in this case)

Get used to it.

Disagree.
The owner can learn how to be dominant without being an "asshole." Things such as posture, consistency in training and inflection of your voice will play key role.

Typical GSD thinking.

They are in charge, everything and everyone belongs to them.

They may stay in their yard but their domain is as far as the eye can see.

Once you show the dog you are the dominant his loyalty will be to the owner and he may try to protect you still BUT your command to "sit, stay. leave it" etc will show him that you feel safe and he can relax.
My photos

My Videos

+1

+2

My girlfriend says, "He takes after his master. What a DICK!"

Just out of morbid curiosity...
Does this mean that he's gettin' some from her too?

Maybe that explains why he's so mellow when you're not there.
I dunno.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

+1

+2

+3.
I love dogs, have had them all my life. I hate mean dogs, and I hate owners who enable them.

>I think thats bad ass I just laugh.

Yeah. like that.

He is attempting to show his master that he is dominant over all others.

Get used to it.

Typical GSD thinking.

They are in charge, everything and everyone belongs to them.

They may stay in their yard but their domain is as far as the eye can see.

This.
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

It does not mean it is tolerated ;)

So if you think he is not a well liked dog you are wrong.

He has many human friends.

People who do not like large dogs may not like him though, he is big and looks fierce.

he is really affectionate and playful.

Just don't do something that warrants him to jump to the other mode.

Raise your hands to his friends, that's a problem

Come near my daughter and make her afraid, that's a problem

Break into our home, that's the last problem you will ever have,

he is a good boy but he is not a miniaturize schnauzer;)

He was well liked at the DZ, he parties at the Tiki hut very well.

He got more attention from all the chicks than anyone else.

I think you are trying to rationalize his instincts. If you watch the dog whisperer you would know that dogs demand both attention and discipline. If you laugh while he playfully attacks others...wait until he is full size and goes after someone that does not display the "Just don't do something that warrants him to jump to the other mode" you mention. Plan on getting someone hurt and being sued...and losing your dog. This isnt a laughing matter and you need to understand how to handle him before he becomes a detriment to others.