Muffie

Fall Rate and Relationships

At the dz yesterday we were chatting and one of the girls made a comment that part of the reason she thought she'd ended up with her current skydiving boyfriend was because they had similar fall rates. The more I started thinking about it the more it kinda made sense (similar fall rates = like jumping together = more time spent together = ya know), so figured I'd go to the masses and see what people thought.

So, for those of you who have dated a fellow skydiver did fallrate matter? (And by date, I mean something that lasted longer than a boogie)

So you'll let me dock on you???
>:(

Quick. Very quick.

I had to vote for boobies. Never dated a diver and I've given up on dating. I'll keep an eye out at the DZ and see if there is any merit to this theory.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I voted for "boobies." Ordinarily I'd prefer my partner to have a slower fall rate, but if boobies are the "speed factor" well then....

Wow! That was pretty politically incorrect. Honestly, fall rate aside I think that my fav booby adjective would have to be "pert." We can make up the fall rate with a skin tight suit and lead.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I dated my skydiving instructor for a short while, before marrying him 27 years ago. He was a good enough skydiver back then that he could match my fall rate while I learned, even though he was much bigger, and I was extremely floaty. Now we match each other without thinking about it. Sometimes I work extra hard to keep up with him, sometimes he works extra hard to keep up with me. It's all about priorities. We stick together no matter what. :)

Sometimes I work extra hard to keep down with him, sometimes he works extra hard to fly back up to me. :)

FIFY;)

The only time you ever went low was when you were 7 months pregant.:P

I couldn't stay up with anyone when I was 7 months pregnant! Even though I hadn't gained any weight yet, I flew like an anvil! :D:D Awe the joys of motherhood. :S

I went low that one time in Thailand too. Don't know what was up with that. [:/] But I was actually speaking figuratively. ;)

It's just you.
:P

What he said! ;)

I'm 6'2, 225 lbs... Karen is 5'5, 120... you do the math :ph34r:

She's on top...?

nooooo - it means he's compensating.:D:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Me-5"6" 190 lbs, my wife, 4'11" 100 lbs. Jumping together for 23 years, married for 20 yrs this October. I wear a bigger suit, she wears weights. No big deal, make adjustments, keep trying. That goes for jumping and relationships.
-------------------------------------------------
Lord please help me to be the person that my dog thinks I am.

My husband and I met at a boogie, and although I've never thought about it before we *do* have similar fall rates! Although I love RW and he loves to freefly and wingsuit, so we actually don't jump together all that often. But when we do jump together we've never had a problem with fall rate! ;)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Sometimes I work extra hard to keep down with him, sometimes he works extra hard to fly back up to me. :)

FIFY;)

The only time you ever went low was when you were 7 months pregant.:P

I couldn't stay up with anyone when I was 7 months pregnant! Even though I hadn't gained any weight yet, I flew like an anvil! :D:D Awe the joys of motherhood. :S

I went low that one time in Thailand too. Don't know what was up with that. [:/] But I was actually speaking figuratively. ;)

Are you two still talking about skydiving?
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!