lisamariewillbe

LeRoy and or Stitch....IMPORTANT

Bump.

Post by Stitch:

"It is Saturday and he is still missing. Since bridgefest is today I made a special trip back to TF to ask for volunteers. WE NEED HELP !!!!!!!

So far only Jesse and Nathan have volunteered. The best I can tell the Millard county sheriff is friendly to Base. This isn't going to reflect well on the Base community that people can't even give up one day to look for a missing friend and jumper. The canyon he is missing in is very dense and can only be searched on foot. Helicopters and ATVs can not access it.

If anybody is not in TF and sees this and can help, meet at the AMASA ATV BLM pavillion tomorrow between 08:00-09:00 or ASAP. I'm leaving TF between 22:00-23:00 to continue the search.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN."

From: http://www.basejumper.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2913927;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

EDIT: This is ~100 miles S and a bit W of SLC

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Just got off the phone with Tiffany, his GPS has stated that he has moved 18 miles in the past 24 hours. The GPS coordinates were given to the cops so I am hoping they are closing in.

What happened to the GPS tracking?
Very soon, an honest person will not be able to sing the last 2 lines of our National Anthem:::Practice safe dining....use condiments

For updates or offers of search help , go to the basejumping forums, theres a very active thread, and this one is , as it seems a read only. Me along with LeRoys girlfriend and Uncle are heading to Utah to help with the ground search so please keep the positive thoughts and love heading his way. Were at a critical point, with every passing minute.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I just got a call from Lisa. They do not have any updates yet today other than a few more jumpers have arrived to help out.

I'm sure all those peeps are out searching their lil tails off.

Keep sending positive thoughts their way!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Alot of his family is arriving this morning.

For those who aren't hoping over to the base site. this is a very detailed account of events up to the SO calling off the search: http://www.millardccp.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=&mad=&sdetail=572&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=2812&hn=millardccp&he=.com

This is an account of what happened yesterday:
Hi all,
I went out today with the group of jumpers who came to Delta, we searched all day in the canyon which his last spot beacon transmission would have indicated he jumped into, The canyon was searched thoroughly by foot,(and may I say the volunteers who were there were incredible, made me remember my younger, lighter, less busted up and stiff years)
A search was conducted all the way up the wash, and up every single side canyon all the way to the base of the main cliff directly below the jump point. I am finally able to set my mind at ease that Leroy is not in the canyon which we all assumed he jumped into.
The jumper/volunteer/searchers are going to mount efforts again tomorrow, I have to return to work or no doubt suffer the consequences. I will however be off again Saturday and will continue to aid in his recovery in whatever capacity I may. I have heard that possibly the heli's may be back tomorrow. If anyone has any credible leads or information they need to get them to the Millard County Sheriff, I will do anything I can to help, It has been said that "I am running the show," I can assure you, I am not. I am only one member of an all volunteer Sheriffs Posse . If you have any news please contact me, but also give the same information to the appropriate authorities as well. I joined this thread mainly to try and help bring your friend home, by learning all I could and hopefully getting in touch with folks who could help us in our search efforts, Thankyou to all of you who sent the pics, helped with beacon locator issues, answered questions about BASE jumping that helped us get a better idea of how and what might need to be addressed, and mostly thanks to those came here on your own time to help. Thanks all, good night, its been another long day, god bless, and say one for Leroy before you turn in.

It's been a week now folks - please send your positive thoughts for a safe return!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately I got wind of this earlier, however wanted to wait until the SO officially made a statement or more concrete details were provided.

[:/]

g

OMG, is she okay?

What are the chances that this guy doesn't want to be found, and the on going search is pushing him into a corner?

I'm not interested in the answers, but they should be checking with his family and freinds to see if he said or did anything to indicate that he wanted to 'disappear'. Was there anything in his life he would have wanted to get away from? Looking at it from the other angle, anything for him to want to return to?

Let's face it, this is a military trained guy, and he wasn't found by military search teams. He knows how to be found, and he knows how not to be found.

What are the chances that this guy doesn't want to be found, and the on going search is pushing him into a corner?

I'm not interested in the answers, but they should be checking with his family and freinds to see if he said or did anything to indicate that he wanted to 'disappear'. Was there anything in his life he would have wanted to get away from? Looking at it from the other angle, anything for him to want to return to?

Let's face it, this is a military trained guy, and he wasn't found by military search teams. He knows how to be found, and he knows how not to be found.

To an outsider looking in, this is starting to look more and more plausible. Information has been sketchy at best and even the search leaders have been hitting the internet/ message boards in search of more information. I hope it is nothing and he is found unharmed and no one looking for him gets hurt in the process.[:/]

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

IIRC, a portion of an earlier report mentioned searchers noticing Leroy near the ridge at a distance and yelled to him. Then he disappeared over the other side of the ridge.

That doesn't sound like a guy wanting to be found.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

IIRC, a portion of an earlier report mentioned searchers noticing Leroy near the ridge at a distance and yelled to him. Then he disappeared over the other side of the ridge.

your IIRC is WRONG.

they spotted A PERSON. There had been no identification of that person. The article is very clear in that.

TEXT: Posse members patrolled the canyons near Skunk Spring sighting a person on the ridge between Ledger and Cattleman’s Canyon just as darkness closed in. That man did not respond to a hail from the posse, but slipped over the ridge out of sight instead.

your IIRC is WRONG.

they spotted A PERSON. There had been no identification of that person. The article is very clear in that.

TEXT: Posse members patrolled the canyons near Skunk Spring sighting a person on the ridge between Ledger and Cattleman’s Canyon just as darkness closed in. That man did not respond to a hail from the posse, but slipped over the ridge out of sight instead.

Correction noted.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Correction noted.

Maybe, but when I first read the story over at basejumper.com, it made it sound like the guy with him was ground crew, and waiting at the bottom for him while Leroy was climbing to the exit point solo. After waiting for awhile with no sign of Leroy, he went to look for the guy and came up with nothing.

Subsequent stories made it sound more like they were hiking together, and Leroy got far enough ahead that he was out of sight. After briefly re-establishing visual contact, the other guy went to where he had last seen Leroy, and found the end of the trail, and no sign of Leroy. At this point he began to search for him without success.

Again, it just sounds like a guy who doesn't want to be found. A guy who knows how not to be found, and sure enough, he's not been found.

I don't know anything else about this but what's here and on basejumper.com. The reason I suggested about contacting friends and family is that maybe he said or did something that nobody thought anything of in it's own, but combined with this situtaion would point toward Leroy wanting to not be found. Closing a bank account, cancelling his cable service, making sure a friend knew how to take care of his fish beyond feeding them for a week.

You can't ignore the fact that a lot of people are putting in a lot of time and effort in looking for the guy, and as such you have to consider all the possibilities.

For example, someone else brought up a possible fall with a head injury. In that case, he might be running from nothing, and in need of medical attention.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY TIME I POST TO THIS THREAD

If you do not have the resources or time to come to Utah and physically help. Then it would be appreciated by both his family and myself that you keep your speculations, rumors, and opinions to yourselfs.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"