Zeemax

Got an iPad? Need a stand? Have no money...?

So there I was, about to fly off to the States at Christmas, when sitting in departures it hit me - I had nothing on which to rest my beloved iPad.

Having the whole first series of Gavin and Stacey to watch, and no desire to hold it all the way, I decided to buy a stand. Having a look around, however, I discovered they were all a bloody fortune, so decided not to bother and got a cuppa instead.

While nearly at the bottom of my tea, the idea hit me - et voilla! I ordered up another cup of tea (well you have to really) and asked for two cups.

Some careful ripping later, and there I had my super stable, light weight, and more importantly free stand. :)
I'm pretty sure this should earn me a Blue Peter badge or a design award or something?

Meh, anyway, this may help someone out if they need one on a journey or something. Best bit, free and recyclable!

Check out the pics here http://bit.ly/budgetipadstand
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

well i think your first mistake was buying that glorified ipod touch to begin with. You can get a nice laptop that will do everything the ipad can do AND some. Have fun with your cup stand! :D:P

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

well i think your first mistake was buying that glorified ipod touch to begin with. You can get a nice laptop that will do everything the ipad can do AND some. Have fun with your cup stand! :D:P

Having several laptops, a netbook and an iPAD, I assure you that there are some really nice aviation related apps for the iPAD than just can't be duplicated effectively on a laptop.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If it can be done on the iPad it can be done on the MacBook Pro

Unless you mean the touch interface,it could still be done if they implement that screen on the MacBook.

If you own an iPad, you're halfway to having a second screen for your laptop or desktop computer. The other half of the equation is to get a screen extension app, such as MaxiVista (Windows) or Air Display (Mac or Windows). Both cost $10, and both work the same way: You download the app onto your iPad, then download a small piece of software onto your computer. Once you install the computer software, the two machines establish a link over your Wi-Fi network or create a direct ad-hoc link between your tablet and computer. The connection is far more sluggish than a plugged-in screen—and a bad Wi-Fi connection makes things worse—but it turns your iPad into a perfect, movable clipboard.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how-to/tips/how-to-make-your-ipad-a-second-screen

Soooooo funny!!! Not sure it will stand the test of time (hee hee!)... Then again, it won't be too hard to make a new one when it inevitably falls apart!

Like Rem said: chav-tastic!!!!! :D:D

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Damnit, I could have sworn the title said, "Need an iPad? Have a stand? Have no money...?"

'Cause that would describe my situation...:S

~R+R...Research rocks...and sucks...I'm poor...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

If it can be done on the iPad it can be done on the MacBook Pro

Unless you mean the touch interface,it could still be done if they implement that screen on the MacBook.

If you own an iPad, you're halfway to having a second screen for your laptop or desktop computer. The other half of the equation is to get a screen extension app, such as MaxiVista (Windows) or Air Display (Mac or Windows). Both cost $10, and both work the same way: You download the app onto your iPad, then download a small piece of software onto your computer. Once you install the computer software, the two machines establish a link over your Wi-Fi network or create a direct ad-hoc link between your tablet and computer. The connection is far more sluggish than a plugged-in screen—and a bad Wi-Fi connection makes things worse—but it turns your iPad into a perfect, movable clipboard.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how-to/tips/how-to-make-your-ipad-a-second-screen

Try mounting a macbook on the yoke in front of you and flying the airplane.

James