skycamefalling

What Is Your Routine???

Okay, so I have spent the passed few years or so working out. Mainly focusing on size and strength. Now I am at the point where I am getting pretty burnt out on that phase. Sooooo, I am thinking that I want to go the getting lean route. I dont really know many good cardio routines. I usually just get on the treadmill and run. Using a variation of speeds, incline/decline to help spike the heart rate. But thats the extent of my cardio regimen.

What are some of your cardio routines?? I am all about pushing myself.....so the harder the routine, the better.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

I have no expertise or training in this fitness stuff so take what I say with that knowledge.

Personally I don't care what kind of exercise I do, I think its more import what I eat. Running, jogging, cycling, skiing all work. One thing that I think is good for loosing excess efficiently is doing some sort of interval training. But in the end as long as you eat less then what you use up then you'll end up getting lean. I don't think there is some mystery superior workout, just a lot of work and self discipline in what you eat.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Biking and spin classes are usually where I go for cardio, with light weights every few weeks or so.

I think ultimately, when it comes to extensive cardio, is finding something you enjoy and doing it for an hour or so every day. And pushing your limits, of course.

I did get the Insanity program since there are no spin classes around here and I'm terrified to road bike in this country. I'll let you know if it's any good.

I eat Slim Jims at my desk and then run back and forth really fast to the kitchen to fill up my rum and coke glass. If I turn the heat up really high in here, I break a sweat in no time.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I just follow the main page WOD on http://www.crossfit.com

It's challenging, fun, and it cycles through different types of workouts, so your less likely to hit a plateau and get into a burned out stage.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Currently I'm doing stationary bike exercise, it's a lot more effective than running for cardio, need to spend like half the time for the same results. Best way to do it is 12 seconds of normal pedalling followed by 8 seconds of sprinting and repeat for desired distance.

If you want to push yourself though, I can say that the most hardcore cardio I've done were 6 minute rounds in kickboxing training. 6 minutes may sound easy but it killed me. It's highly intense and fast with no breaks in between- We typically started with situps for 2 minutes, doing as many as you could do in that time, then you went onto 2 minutes of non stop jab/cross punches (jab jab, cross cross) on the bag or partners training gloves after which you go into 2 minutes of kicks (left, right, left, right etc). Depending on one's fitness, starting with 3 minutes (1min each) is typically done.