CanuckInUSA

Cool Ferrari Commercial

Porsche is know for making really cool commercials and since I do consume Porsche Kool Aid, talking about Ferrari does kind of go against my Porsche religious beliefs and my DNA ... LOL. But I came across a cool Ferrari commercial I thought I'd share for those who like how motorsports have help shape our modern every day cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=1_kwxzU4wL4&vq=medium

PS: Technically this is not actually a Ferrari commercial, it's from Shell. Sue me. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I love the whine of the modern day Formula 1 engines...so awesome. I need to see a live race before I die...B|

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I love the whine of the modern day Formula 1 engines...so awesome. I need to see a live race before I die...B|

There's Sonoma in CA if they have a race date, or Long Beach, CA.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ummm dont you mean indianapolis? I think what you are referring to is Indy Cars...similar but different engines...sounds pretty close to F1 though.

N-o-t-h-i-n-g sounds like F1.... B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Ummm dont you mean indianapolis? I think what you are referring to is Indy Cars...similar but different engines...sounds pretty close to F1 though.

Correct B|. And lemme tell you: starting line, when all of them rev up and go, the ear plugs arent enough! lol I covered my ears on top of the plugs. It was insane!
Remster

I liked the engines from the late '80s early '90s the best. F1 was a different era back then. It was still the top technology of the day, but the power was more raw with less restrictions.

If you want to see a live F1 race, you can always make a road trip to Montreal in June. It's back on the calendar and barring Bernie Ecclestone messing up the sport for the umpteenth time, it should stay on the calendar for years to come since it is a popular track among not only the fans but also the drivers like it. For me Montreal is a great track, but nothing can replace Spa, Monaco, Silverstone, Monza, Suzuka and yes I wish Imola was still on the calendar.

2005 was the year I was heavily into every day skydiving so I did not pay attention to the 2005 US Grand Prix from Indianapolis. But I watched the race the other day and boy did F1 fuck that race up. No excuses, they messed up big time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_United_States_Grand_Prix

Agreed, but MotoGP sounds as good, IMO.

B|

Absolutely Been to WSBK and MotoGP
WSBK, was LOOUUD,
MotoGP was raise to a power againB|B|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

that was awesome! :)

You know the race engineers know their engines when they can play Britian's "God Save the Queen" with some engine revs. I wonder what other songs they can play?

Also for those of us mortals who dream of driving an F1 car, think again as seen here when Top Gear's Richard Hammond attempts to drive one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUZJVY-sHo&feature=related

I have driven a Formula Renault class car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuNclPBcyPs
(the audio is all buggered up in my video)

but the Formula Renault is tame compared to the F1 car. Driving an F1 car is a classic case of Catch-22. You can't go fast in an F1 car, unless you can go fast enough to heat up the brakes and tires to their proper operating temperatures. But you can't get the brakes and tires up to their proper operating temperatures unless you can go fast. I have decent experience driving my 911 at my local track. But Richard Hammond has tons more experience than I have and if he struggles with an F1 car, I know I would struggle even more.

In my next life I plan on being born to well off parents who will have me karting at the age of 3 so that I can get a ride in an F1 team by the age of 18 and win my 1st WDC by the age of 20. I know, in my dreams. :ph34r:

There's Sonoma in CA if they have a race date,

Nope

or Long Beach, CA.

Nope.

There's a brand new track in Texas that will have an F1 GP from 2012, but nothing in the USA until then.

(And from 2013 the engine regs will be massively changed, so that'll be your only chance to hear the current generation!)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

There's Sonoma in CA if they have a race date,

Nope

or Long Beach, CA.

Nope.

There's a brand new track in Texas that will have an F1 GP from 2012, but nothing in the USA until then.

(And from 2013 the engine regs will be massively changed, so that'll be your only chance to hear the current generation!)

I wouldnt be surprised if FIA adds a race this year to replace Bahrain.
Remster

I don't see it happening. I certainly don't think the teams would be happy with shoehorning another race into the middle of the calendar.

If they do anything, I think it'll be to hold the Bahrain race later in the season. I hope they don't though, it really is a horrible, horrible circuit. By far the most boring on the calendar and supposed to be the season opener:S

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Driving an F1 car is a classic case of Catch-22. You can't go fast in an F1 car, unless you can go fast enough to heat up the brakes and tires to their proper operating temperatures. But you can't get the brakes and tires up to their proper operating temperatures unless you can go fast

Don't forget about the downforcce. You don't get any of that unless you can go fast, and those cars don't look the way the do for fun, those aerodynamics make a big difference.

It's like anything at the top echelon of performance, every component has to be operating at 100% to get 100% out of everything else, driver/pilot/operator included.

I liked the engines from the late '80s early '90s the best. F1 was a different era back then. It was still the top technology of the day, but the power was more raw with less restrictions.

If you want to see a live F1 race, you can always make a road trip to Montreal in June. It's back on the calendar and barring Bernie Ecclestone messing up the sport for the umpteenth time, it should stay on the calendar for years to come since it is a popular track among not only the fans but also the drivers like it. For me Montreal is a great track, but nothing can replace Spa, Monaco, Silverstone, Monza, Suzuka and yes I wish Imola was still on the calendar.

2005 was the year I was heavily into every day skydiving so I did not pay attention to the 2005 US Grand Prix from Indianapolis. But I watched the race the other day and boy did F1 fuck that race up. No excuses, they messed up big time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_United_States_Grand_Prix

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey I wanted to ask a question to another person who seems to know F1. What happened to the A-1 ring? That was my all time favorite track. I used to stay up late whipping michael schmuachers ass over and over again my my Mclaren in F1 2001. I miss that game...AND the way F1 used to be...without all the stupid rule changes.B|