Nataly

How long do you keep/wear your clothes?

I still wear the clothes I had in highschool :$

I like to get quality stuff because I know I will wear it until it absolutely falls apart. That, and I *hate* shopping! On average I purchase 1-2 items per year - but only if absolutely necessary.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

i keep them till they fall apart or i grow out of them, ive had a few shirts/ pants for 5 or 6 years now :)

Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Is that between washings?

or for regular wear before trash/donate and replacing?

the categories may apply to either depending on if you're active in CrW

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I still wear the clothes I had in highschool

So, that's what? 5 year old clothes? ;):P

Awww shucks!! :$ Thanks Remster :)
Well, I graduated in 1998, so it's 13 years (or more)! :o
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I have a few Benetaon shirts that I still have from 1996 and they still look great! :)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I wear them till they are no longer presentable by my standards......some are pretty well worn or till I grow out of them.

I say that because I've been gaining a good amount of weight lately:$

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I wear them till they are no longer presentable by my standards......some are pretty well worn or till I grow out of them.

I say that because I've been gaining a good amount of weight lately:$

Whatever you do, don't throw away/donate anything you really *love*... Did this with a pair of black jeans... Ohhh.. They were so awesome... I went through a couple of "heavy" years and finally gave up on losing the excess so decided to part with my favourite jeans. Not only could I presently fit into them, but I'm wearing an exact copy of them right now (except in blue) and they are a bit loose.. D'oh. :|

Don't give up on losing the weight (assuming you don't want it - otherwise, embrace the love-handles!!).
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I like to get quality stuff because I know I will wear it until it absolutely falls apart. That, and I *hate* shopping! On average I purchase 1-2 items per year - but only if absolutely necessary.

+1

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Unfortunately I don’t keep them as long as I would like. Clothes are made so poorly now. They wear out long before they should. A pair of Levis is made of such a light weight denim now that it will tear long before it fades. I guess that is why they sell them pre faded.

And keep of my lawn dammit.

Other. Tend to agree with the above post, but I've been transient most my adult life and have moved with just a suitcase or two several times. I'll take whatever I can fit and then donate the rest.

Think the oldest clothing is from 8 years ago. Has several holes in it from pyrotechnic mishaps, but I still love the shirt and have not been able to leave it behind.

Unfortunately, forever. I have "changed lives" several times, going from dressing for work in NYC to working as a wildland firefighter in the middle of nowhere. Every move and new career has resulted in a new or different wardrobe and I can never get rid of the old stuff, because you know, what if I need it again!

I'm about to do a local move into a place with significantly less storage and plan on using it as the impetus to provide the local thrift store with a pile of clothes to sell.
Killing threads since 2004.

I wear my clothes until it is time to toss them. If I have shirts or something from places I have been I keep them no matter how tore up they are. They just become pj shirts...

I still have my high school senior yr shorts with they yr i graduated on the butt and the softball warm up jacket with my high school number on it.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Until they fall in rags, which is around 3-5 years for me. I would like to keep them longer but, for some reason, I am a very efficient clothes-destroyer machine (like the Hulk but without the muscles ;) )

On a side note, something funny my 9 years old boy said to me this morning...

Last evening, I was busy with him cleaning up his drawers and wardrobe, putting all the now too small clothes in a bag to give to a younger cousin (I was overdue, I found a pair of pants sized for a 4 years old...)

He probably confused the fact that he was growing with the years instead of his clothes reducing in size because this morning, seeing me put on a 'Batman' T-shirt that he likes a lot (a lucky charm for me when I ride my bike), he asked me: 'when your T-shirt will be too small, may I get it?' :D

All your dropzone are belong to us!!!!111!

He probably confused the fact that he was growing with the years instead of his clothes reducing in size because this morning, seeing me put on a 'Batman' T-shirt that he likes a lot (a lucky charm for me when I ride my bike), he asked me: 'when your T-shirt will be too small, may I get it?' :D

:D:D:D

Maybe he's not confused at all and just knows that statistically your metabolism is likely to slow down with age!! :ph34r::P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I'll admit the only thing I have from (about) 1965 is a beautiful jacket that was my mother's. But I do have a t-shirt from when I was on the beer-bike team in college, with 1977 written on it, and another from the old Spaceland. I'll also admit that if I'd worn those consistently over the years they'd both be dead :ph34r:

I cycle through them periodically, donating what I haven't worn in a year or two, and then re-filling as I need. I actually enjoy shopping and go every year or two for a noticeable trip, but I have limited taste. I try to bring a good friend of mine with excellent taste along to help me -- it's like my own private What Not to Wear

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I buy mostly classic pieces that tend to stay in style for many years. My daughter says I'm boring that way. So, I wear then until they get too faded, misshapen, etc.

I'm the same weight now that I was in high school, but I think it's distributed differently. :ph34r: I have had the same jumpsuit for 10 years. I get teased about it, but until someone offers me the few hundred dollars to replace it, I'm going to wear it until it falls apart!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Haha I'm the same way. I have stuff that's so worn and old that if it gets washed again it will dissolve into nothingness :) but its sooo comfy to wear
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"