SKYDIVE

ZP EXE

It's ok, I can hear you just fine. :P

They're extremely similar to the Sabre 1. They do have a slightly more agressive angle of attack, but not so it causes a problem. You can easily get in from longish spots on rear risers... but at the end of the day it's a "first generation" style canopy and canopies such as the SabreII/SafireII/Pilot will have a longer range.

I would be surprised if most would be able to tell the difference between an EXE and a Sabre if they woke up under one.

Actually, the original ZP was more what you might call a "first generation" canopy. The ZP EXE, in theory at least, would be an improvement on that.

I had a Blade Runner made by the same company years ago and really thought that canopy out performed the Stiletto. They replaced the Blade Runner with the Hurricane the same time they replaced the ZP with the ZP EXE.

Canuck

Only jumped one once, i normally jump a Hornet 190(pretty much identical to the sabre2) and i jumped the ZP EXE 195.

I noticed a much higher decent rate than i'm used to and it had much less flare power on landing. also felt as if i was getting buffetted around in turbulence more than with my own canopy, but that could just be because i'm used to my own canopy and the way it flies more. plus some of these differences could be because the ZP EXE is a square capopy, and my HOrnet is slightly tapered giving better performance

Just some photo of ZP.exe
http://skyphoto.ru/phpgallery/displayimage.php?album=40&pos=77
http://skyphoto.ru/phpgallery/displayimage.php?album=40&pos=78
http://skyphoto.ru/phpgallery/displayimage.php?album=40&pos=54

the blue canopy is Sabre2

I just got my new ZP.exe 170... gotabout 12 jumps on it now.

I have had 2 or 3 long spots with it, and got back closer than a guy on a Hornet190 that was open above me! When i opened and saw how far, I grabbed rears and got home nicely...

And it's not as difficult to pack as a New old ZP....

the turbulance... learnt my lesson quickly, you just have to keep some toggle pressure on.... then it handles turbulance ok. I left my toggles alone the first time I jumped it in strong(ish) winds, and it almost collapsed at about 100ft!!! keep slight toggle pressure (fly it the whole time) and it's fine.

Blue skies!

The ZP EXE is a very nice canopy. I have done more than 100 jumps on mine. Openings are very soft and on heading. The canopy is easy to pack and very durable. The ZP EXE has got a slightly faster decent rate than an Aerodyne Pilot of similar size but it has better flair characteristics. The canopy inflation is consistent and I have never experienced a stall or canopy collapse.

If you “DROP OUT THE SKY” on a ZP EXE it is because you have pulled the cutaway handle.

Respect my authoritah!

The ZP EXE has got a slightly faster decent rate than an Aerodyne Pilot of similar size but it has better flair characteristics. .

The descent rate is faster yes, but no way does the ZP EXE flair better than a Pilot.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

have had 2 or 3 long spots with it, and got back closer than a guy on a Hornet190 that was open above me!

Ditto...On many a 'deep' spot (Sometimes as a Freeflyer you just get used to this!!...always getting out 'at the back').......I have never had an issue getting back, quite the opposite....when you want it to float...it does that just fine.
Sure it is ground hungry when not flown with brakes/risers....but I kinda like that
It sure is durable .....some of you may have read my thread of a Premie on a ZP.Exe at over 190mph....not a scratch on it! and anyone who owns one will deffo tell you how flippin easy it is to pack......perfect for them 10min calls..!;)

Summary from me: I wouldnt buy it if i was looking for a 'peformance canopy' but as a workhorse or 'beginner canopy'(at the right wingloading) ... it will serve you very well.

My thoughts... Done about 500 jumps on my 135 EXE and would agree with those who say that getting back from naff spots can be a problem. That apart I love it, nice to pack, reasonable openings, nice flare and good all round canopy for the price!

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

I had a ZP before my current canopy and 3 end cells folded under in choppy conditions at 100 ft. Yikes. They came open again just in time, but this would have been unrecoverable any lower. A rigger saw it happen so I asked him what to do. He said chuck it in the bin, hence my crispy new Sabre 2 (which dives hard to the right when it opens, sometimes putting in twists). Perhaps I should take up fishing.

I had a ZP before my current canopy and 3 end cells folded under in choppy conditions at 100 ft. Yikes. They came open again just in time, but this would have been unrecoverable any lower. A rigger saw it happen so I asked him what to do. He said chuck it in the bin, hence my crispy new Sabre 2 (which dives hard to the right when it opens, sometimes putting in twists). Perhaps I should take up fishing.

The 3 cells folding under can, and has, happened on any canopy. Also, many people, including me, had bad openings on a Sabre2. You should contact PD about that. Do not let people convince you that it is your fault, which may be the case for some, but is certainly not the case for many.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

I have a 155 ZP.exe, and I love it.

I've done about 60 jumps on it, I know with my low jump numbers i don't know much, but I know it needs positive inputs all the way to the ground. Its trimmed in a way that brings it down quicker than other similar size canopies (I jumped a friends sabre 150 and spent and extra couple of minutes flying)

I've had some stupidly long spots out over the ocean and still made it back (allbeit flying on half brakes).

It packs well and opens nicely (unless you pack yourself a lineover :$ )
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk