lost_n_confuzd

Black Ops comes out tonight!

Call of Duty Blacks Ops hits shelves at midnight! I'll be at Gamestop for the Star Trek Convention, err, I mean the launch party.

COD fans, what are your expectations?

Funny clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnsQQyqNT7U

Official Launch Trailor
http://www.youtube.com/user/CALLOFDUTY?v=OPTOVQFRggI&feature=pyv&ad=7163181812&kw=black%20ops%20trailer

Call of Duty Blacks Ops hits shelves at midnight! I'll be at Gamestop for the Star Trek Convention, err, I mean the launch party.

COD fans, what are your expectations?

Funny clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnsQQyqNT7U

Official Launch Trailor
http://www.youtube.com/user/CALLOFDUTY?v=OPTOVQFRggI&feature=pyv&ad=7163181812&kw=black%20ops%20trailer

I can recall myself waiting in line at midnight for MW2 to come out. I def consider it a low point in my life. im gonna hold off a bit before picking this up. no time to play between working and jumping.

Ah Ive only picked it up this afternoon and unfortunatly my concious told me not to go home sick for the afternoon.

Ill be playing it tonight though and can fill you in on it tomorrow.

I normally play the dsingle player to begin with and then hit the mp version after sp completion. I may do it the other way around tonight though to try and get a head start on everyone else in the world that has it....

www.myspace.com/durtymac

There are just not enough hours in a day to be able to work, rest, do your chores, play and still be a somewhat responsible person in this modern world. Since I have all the other "Call of Duty" titles who am I kidding, I am sure I will get this one ... eventually. But I don't think I will be getting it tonight. BTW can you download the Steam version for the PC? LOL

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

[curmudgeon voice]Yep, as usual some UK shops opened at midnight so that the 'really dedicated fans' could get hold of their copy a whole nine hours ahead of everyone else. I just strolled into my local supermarket at lunchtime today and picked one up, about £7 cheaper than those stores were charging. Maybe I'm missing part of the experience, but I think that gives me bragging rights at least equal to anyone who's been playing the game all morning and is probably just about thawed out.:)
It's like the whole pre-ordering scam. Why would I want to give you my money months ahead of you being able to give me a product in return? :S[/curmudgeon voice]

I'm looking forward to playing the game, but not as much as I would an Infinity Ward release. The Treyarch CoDs just never seem to in quite the same class, somehow.

I'm looking forward to playing the game, but not as much as I would an Infinity Ward release. The Treyarch CoDs just never seem to in quite the same class, somehow.

definitely a step backwards from COD:MW and :MW2; gosh, the graphics are for nothing, and after only playing SP for like less than five hours..

fuck that game, the animations are for BS, the sound is just SHITE, and what the hell is that zombie-level for!?!?!?

i hate it already.. and oh yea, pre-ordering-scam, i got it in the morning in the mail when it hasnt even hit stores yet; and still, i havent paid an actual cent for it yet; i think, i'll drop it into the "not worth my time" corner sooner than i'd actually hoped for.

looking forward to GT5 tough; already have that one back-ordered for like over a year alreay.. :)
oh yea, i actually ordered my OWN internet just for the release of COD7; looks like i'll have to spend it for MW2 and/or MW.. B|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

i like it. and the fact ath you can actually co-op things is a plus. graphic wise, its basically on par with MW and MW2. i think its kinda different you can buy different ups for your guns so you dont have to waste a bunch of time using a setup you dont like to get to one you do.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

looking forward to GT5 tough; already have that one back-ordered for like over a year alreay.. :)

But.... but why? :o

I played a little of the Black Ops campaign last night. It was... ok, but felt more 'on rails' than ever before. I got tired of long sequences where I'm still 'in the game' but with no control over my character's movement, not allowed to raise my gun or even look left and right by more than a few degrees. If you can't move the action forward without making a zombie of the player (no, not those zombies!), that's poor design.

The single player modes in these games are gradually being reduced to a series of spectacular set pieces where you're more of an observer than a participant - maybe given a single button to bash if you're lucky. And the action so far in Black Ops is too fantastical for me - firing a huge makeshift catapult - jumping from a bike to a truck to a train, and all with hardly any challenge to the player.

One thing I notice about the Treyarch games is the 'invisible walls' - too many low-lying objects that you're just not allowed to jump over. And their enemy AI is weak. If you don't approach guys head on they will often just ignore you.

Thank God for multiplayer! :)

My favorite MW2 maps are the big-ass house and the airport.

I'm trying to think which one is the 'big-ass house' :)Derailed map (the one set in the snowy train yard), but nobody else seems to. Whenever it comes up people start skipping like crazy. :(

My favorite MW2 maps are the big-ass house and the airport.

I'm trying to think which one is the 'big-ass house' :)Derailed map (the one set in the snowy train yard), but nobody else seems to. Whenever it comes up people start skipping like crazy. :(

the one where u'll have to download their data in multiplayer i suppose; no idea what it's called..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

hehe.. oh, and the airport, i like that one too.. gosh, all maps are great in MW / MW2!

didnt some more maps come out for the xbox? any idea if that ever will happen for the ps3 as well?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Two map packs were released for both platforms. The Insurgency pack is the one to buy if you only buy one.

I blew through the Single player option on Black Ops last night. Overall it was blah. It was way more of a spray and pray shooter then the MW series was. Rapidly switch between the aim and trigger and start anywhere near the person and they go down in single player.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

are they sold only over the PSN!?

yea, i was very disappointed with it, also didnt like world at war much; i really like IW's games more, treyarch is sucky..

and WTF, that zombie-level.. dont really know what that is good for. cant really finish that one i suppose, with all them coming running at you..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

ok.. will have to get on that when i have my own internet again then..

i got to about level 5 i think, you know you can get out of the room, up in the elevator and stuff?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda