CarrieByTheSea

My iPhone 4 Arrives Tomorrow, and I Have Already Found a Super-Cool App for That!

It does. My current LG does, too. I think most newer phones do. But, one of the selections I had to check yes/no to was if I wanted to add unlimited video/text messaging for $5/mo or pay per message. I elected to save the $5. I do not send/receive video or text very often.
"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

iv had my phone for 8 years- doesnt even have a camera!! the good old days

Nothing wrong with that.

I did not realize until I spoke to a couple people how "lucky" I was. :D I feel like everyone else I know (including my husband) has had their iPhone forever.

Until now, I have always elected for the best "free" phone when I was eligible for an upgrade. I have always valued calls/service/coverage more than apps & extras. I still do not have a value for a smartphone as a "time-saver" or "makes-work-easier", but I had definitely noticed several things I_want_that can all be received via the iPhone, so I decided to join "everyone else I know" and get a techie-gadget-thingie that does not help me swim in the ocean any longer, play with my furry babies any better or read a book any faster. These are the things I love and value.

But, I have to say so far I LOVE it! :$ It is super-easy to use and so sleek & pretty. :):P:)

Yes, it also has Google maps which my husband uses often on his iPhone 4. I moved my Maps app a couple screens over. :P

By far the easiest/most obvious smart-phone I have ever used. I am not a techie, but if I were telling a techie, "this should be here, and if I want to do this, I should just be able to press this", then techie got it right for me. I admit I have had to consult the manual for other smart-phones for one-thing or another that was made far more difficult than need be, but the iPhone is marvelous. MARVELOUS!

So, I had my first question today and called Apple customer service. I got right through to a representative (after simply repeating "representative" twice) and the rep was so upbeat and polite.

I wondered what the "+" meant in the upper-right corner of a "FREE" app as some of the free apps had one and others did not. I clicked and read everything there was to read and did not see anything regarding.

I do not like to agree to anything, much less install something, if I am not aware of all terms and conditions so I called...

FYI, it means the app is only "free" to download for a limited time and is otherwise a paid-for app. :)