dropdeded

Old machinery/tools manuals, parts.

Of course, where else would I go for information:P

Anyway kinda generic for the moment but Im setting up my Dads old metal lathe, drill press and band saw (details later?). I do know I'll be needing to replace a couple belts etc.

Anyone know of websites (googlegooglegoogle:S) specific to stuff like this?

Thanks, Ed
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Of course, where else would I go for information:P

Anyway kinda generic for the moment but Im setting up my Dads old metal lathe, drill press and band saw (details later?). I do know I'll be needing to replace a couple belts etc.

Anyone know of websites (googlegooglegoogle:S) specific to stuff like this?

Thanks, Ed

Hey you need to be a bit more specific, models of machines etc.

I can help you but you need to give INFO

Look for something on the machinery like a metal plate that indicates the make and model of the equipment. Then Google that manufacturer, and request owner's manuals. Or if they're out of business, Google the manufacturer name and model number, and you might find something that way.

Go to practical machinist .com, they have a forum similar to this one for discussion and classified adds where you might find what your looking for

Yep, registered last night. Great site thanks!!

As far as the lathe its a South Bend Precision Model-C 3' bed. Got it running with my Dad yesterday (he's staying at my place for a few days, out snowbirding). Seems it only needs mainly a new leather flat belt..

The drill press (forget details at the moment) needed a new power switch and power cord, replaced that yesterday.

The Band saw is a Walker Turner, mainly needing a guide assembly.

Havent seen my Dad light up like he did playing with this stuff in many years. I remember all this stuff in the garage and him working with it all the time (tool and dye (sp?) maker). GREAT stuff:)
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-