fossg

Down but not out

A gopher hole got me. I had the plate put in my ankle this morning. [:/][:(:( I will be back. I have myself on a restrictive diet to ensure I will drop a few pounds while Im healing. I will be back you can bet your last dollar in the world on that. Take Care people

I have myself on a restrictive diet to ensure I will drop a few pounds while Im healing.

OK, CLEARLY I know nothing about medical science, but does that make any sense? Wouldn't restricting your diet slow the pace of healing?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I will translate, most guys who serve are used to a great deal of physical activity, when they retire there tends to be a slight cessation in that level of exercise, therefore a few pound get put on in the months following retirement.

Couple that with getting injured so you are not mobile and we have to put down the fork

I am guilty of this as I have not yet shed the 25lbs I put on while healing, (although I have not tried that hard) I hurt a lot and it is certainly discouraging.

I have myself on a restrictive diet to ensure I will drop a few pounds while Im healing.

OK, CLEARLY I know nothing about medical science, but does that make any sense? Wouldn't restricting your diet slow the pace of healing?

Depends on what you restrict, if you restrict the high calorie low nutrition foods then no it wont.

Being sedentary while recuperating and adjusting your dietary input is a smart thing to do.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Gopher hole got me almost two years ago. I lived on Frosted Mini Wheats after my surgery for the duration I was on pain meds and crutches. Mainly because I lived alone and had a hard time getting around, let alone making a meal and then trying to carry it while using crutches. The plus side was I lost weight when I wasn't trying to and the high fiber prevented one negative side effects of the pain meds.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

Dude! NO WAY!
OH!
[:/]
Is it wrong for dudes to hug it out?

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Broken bones won't heal faster or stronger by overloading on calcium. You need a balanced diet. You can reduce overall calories due to being laid up. Damaged muscle tissue requires high protein for repairs.

Sorry about your accident. Get healed soon!

I've always worried about gopher and ground squirrel holes. I wonder if there is any way to minimize the risk of a foot snag when landing.? Sometimes you can't see them at all if there is some grass growing.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

You Americans need to get past this hugging thing.
Hug your brothers and sisters.
Just no ass grabbing...that's kind of gay....but there is nothing wrong with that.
Does any one have Foss's number?
I have something for him, a get well gift.
But he seems to be out.....soemthing about a hole in the ground...
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

On the bright side, it sounds like you have an excellent nurse taking care of you!!!

Heal quickly!!!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?