normiss

Idiotic, irresponsible, negligent drivers.

:(

This is exactly why I feel safer in the flying, jumping, or scuba-ing....than riding my motorcycle. While there are idiots everywhere, there are some areas where there are less.

This is exactly why I feel safer in the flying, jumping, or scuba-ing....than riding my motorcycle. While there are idiots everywhere, there are some areas where there are less.

When I married Vskydiver she asked for me to get rid of the bikes. Considering the close calls I had had, she probably saved my life. For some, that might have been a deal breaker. Not me. I liked bikes, I loved jumping. :)

This negligence can kill anyone, not just bikers. You should see the laziness up here for about 1 in 20 drivers in not clearing their snow off their cars. Tuesday, I passed one driver that had about a foot and a half of snow piled on their car and only a slit in the front window and driver's window to see. (you still see about anyone represented, but kids, and moms seem to dominate the samples I see)

He was on the interstate.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Sad.

Similar to this, my bike came from the factory with one double filament 1157 bulb as the rear marker light on the back end. One filament is lit as the marker and the other lights when you brake. If you are not on the brakes and the marker filament is broken you disappear into the dark just waiting to be rear ended. I rewired the turn singles to also accept double filament 1157 bulbs in stead of the stock single filament 1156 bulbs so that they are also marker lights. Because marker lights on the rear must be red I swapped the amber lenses for red. Now I would need all three bulbs to fail before I disappear.

I see this on a regular basis here. One pass on the window with their scraper. I baffles me that people don't care to see where they are going. Shear laziness.:S I sure hate to hear about these bikers. I came very, very close to rear ending an old farmers truck one night. He had no tail lights either. I ended up in the ditch on my bike but luckily didn't go down.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I'm a competitive swooper, but the most dangerous part of my life is my work week...on my work bike, a ST1300. More close calls weekly then I have ever had swooping! That even counts the jump plane crash I was in.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Damn, that's not good. [:/] No running/brake lights at night is not a good thing.

Over driving your headlights at night is not a good thing.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

brightasslights.com

My tail light is PAINFUL to look at.
My headlight is illegal.
:P

I hope you have taken into consideration that bright-ass headlights can, and do, blind oncoming drivers...regardless of the type of vehicle they are driving.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

brightasslights.com

My headlight is illegal.

I hope you have taken into consideration that bright-ass headlights can, and do, blind oncoming drivers...regardless of the type of vehicle they are driving.

If properly aimed, they are far less likely to.

I hate the guys that put HID bulbs in their stock (non HID) reflectors, or the guys with blue lights... If I were a LEO, I would ticket them more than anything else!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Damn, that's not good. [:/] No running/brake lights at night is not a good thing.

Over driving your headlights at night is not a good thing.

Ever ridden a bike @night, Pops? From your usually good posts. I'm guessing you haven't. The OEM headlights are a far cry from the visibility provided by car headlights. No speeding is required to be surprised. It's why I stopped riding @night many years ago. A couple of middle-aged riders on scoots aren't your typical Squids.

brightasslights.com

My headlight is illegal.

I have. That's why I've never used them. They're rude & dangerous. Your tone is surprising me here, Pops. Do you have a problem w/motorcyclists?

My big pet peeve is winter drivers that clean only the windows, then drive around with all head/tail/turn lights totally covered.>:(

But my closest call was:
- Night
- Raining
- Doing 65mph in a 65 zone
- 2-lane state highway, out in the country
- Car approaching in the opposite lane.
- Moron on a farm tractor in my lane with no lights, no reflectors, doing ~15 mph.

I slid to a stop about 18" from the rear of the trailer he was pulling.:S
Then I pulled over for 15 minutes to get my pulse below 200.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

brightasslights.com

My headlight is illegal.

My bike can travel at some pretty extreme speeds, I need all the light I can get, the further the better.

Interstate and 8 lanes.
(Lake Shore Drive at Grant Park to Elgin at Rt. 59in about 24min.)

Most of the time I ride at no more than 15 over.

I do not use my high beams if there is oncoming lanes adjacent, or if there is a possibility of blinding anyone in front of me.

I have 100 watt headlights with Xenon and there are two of them.

The stock ones were only 55watts and woefully inadequate.

I am going going to install some small LED lights in the now obsolete Ram Air induction holes.

I have.
If it's proven I have seared the cornea of your eyes, then it will be proven that you ACTUALLY SAW ME FOR ONCE BLUE HAIR!!!!!

:D:D:D

BTW, it was bright ass TAIL lights. If you can't tell the difference between tail and head lights...should I be overly cautious and concerned on the roads????
:o[:/]>:(

I hate the guys that put HID bulbs in their stock (non HID) reflectors, or the guys with blue lights... If I were a LEO, I would ticket them more than anything else!

+1 I hate that shit too.

To the OP, I've seen more people driving with their lights off lately not sure why, that pisses me off too and I always flash my lights at them so they realize.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I really get pissed off to read news like this.
Two bikers killed
>:(

and what do you think of CRIMINAL drivers. Article linked is about last week massive crash(aka murder attempt) involving a driver who was stuck behind a popular bicyvle ride and almost 20 cyclists... Hopefully no fatalities...:o
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

My big pet peeve is winter drivers that clean only the windows, then drive around with all head/tail/turn lights totally covered.>:(

But my closest call was:
- Night
- Raining
- Doing 65mph in a 65 zone
- 2-lane state highway, out in the country
- Car approaching in the opposite lane.
- Moron on a farm tractor in my lane with no lights, no reflectors, doing ~15 mph.

I slid to a stop about 18" from the rear of the trailer he was pulling.:S
Then I pulled over for 15 minutes to get my pulse below 200.

At night, in the rain, a two-lane country road and you are driving 65! I question who is the moron.... Aside from animals on the road in the country, having limited vision and the fact that the road is wet, better face reality as it is and not as you want it to be! Not everyone drives the maximum speed limit in those conditions.
Dano

Yes, I realize you were there and I was not, so you know
so much more about the weather/traffic/road-conditions.
I am so sorry I doubted your expertise.
Please accept my humble apologies.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.