skydivermom

Best ride back to the dropzone

My favorite was after landing out by the Rock House in Perris after a 40-way with a bad spot.

I stuck my thumb out and an ancient pickup truck stopped and the driver, a grizzled old timer in coveralls, waved me into the cab. We drove about a mile in silence until he finally said, "Skydiver, eh?"

"Yes, sir," I answered. Figuring now I'd have to answer all the standard whuffo questions.

But after another mile or so all he said was, "You're not too good at it, are you?"

NickD :)

:D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

As a result of a very bad spot, I got a ride with a Texas DPS officer! Sure raised some eyebrows among some back at the DZ! :D:D

I landed on the Washington State Patrol's high-speed driving training course and had to be retrieved by a couple state troopers. No one was training that day so the whole facility was completely locked down. They only drove me as far as the exit to the state property where a truck from the DZ was waiting for me.

Once they confirmed I didn't need any medical attention we had some good laughs about whether I should be arrested for trespassing. :D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

As a result of a very bad spot, I got a ride with a Texas DPS officer! Sure raised some eyebrows among some back at the DZ! :D:D

I landed on the Washington State Patrol's high-speed driving training course and had to be retrieved by a couple state troopers. No one was training that day so the whole facility was completely locked down. They only drove me as far as the exit to the state property where a truck from the DZ was waiting for me.

Once they confirmed I didn't need any medical attention we had some good laughs about whether I should be arrested for trespassing. :D:D

One New Years Day we did a cross country toward my old home town in Illinois, getting low over the city I thought it would be cool to land in my old High School stadium.

It's a hugh bowl stadium that was bulit way back when, by the WPA...

Only problem....it was locked and I couldn't get OUT! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Good Lord! That could've been real ugly, had the place been 'open for business'!:D The really good part is, you were O.K. and able to laugh about it. :D:D

Chuck

Good Lord! That could've been real ugly, had the place been 'open for business'!:D The really good part is, you were O.K. and able to laugh about it. :D:D

Chuck

I made it onto one of the small patches of grass off the course itself, but yes, it was nice not to have to worry about dodging cars to get there. Worst case scenario I would have landed on empty tarmac.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The best ride - well most memorable...

Truck and horse trailer - on a minimum security PRISON!!!

The "farm worker" could only drive us back to the "office." Where we could call from security and have someone from the DZ come pick us up.:o

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

My best ride was at Dublin where a tanked, dead-ass drunk wacko and his buddy in an SUV picked me up after a cutaway.

He showed me where my shit landed but we couldn't see it from the edge of the field.

Turned out the dude was one helluva a good guy and we periodically trade razz here on DZ.com

:D:D;)

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

One New Years Day we did a cross country toward my old home town in Illinois, getting low over the city I thought it would be cool to land in my old High School stadium.

I hosed myself one time on a CRW jump by catching a cutaway main on my foot and spending a few thousand feet trying to haul it in between my knees. There was no way I was getting back to the DZ, and I was directly over a high school. The only real viable place to land was where else? The football stadium! :D I made a nice landing on the 50 in an empty house. >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My favorite was after landing out by the Rock House in Perris after a 40-way with a bad spot.

I stuck my thumb out and an ancient pickup truck stopped and the driver, a grizzled old timer in coveralls, waved me into the cab. We drove about a mile in silence until he finally said, "Skydiver, eh?"

"Yes, sir," I answered. Figuring now I'd have to answer all the standard whuffo questions.

But after another mile or so all he said was, "You're not too good at it, are you?"

NickD :)

:D:D:D

LOL!:D
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Skydive Crosskeys. My wife comes up short trying to make it back. She is not going to clear some trees, so turns and lands in a freshly manure-ed field, catches her foot on a plowed row, and face plants...not too far from a road. She stands up, crap now smeared all over her shirt, and, decides it would be best to take the shirt off. As she is doing so, she hears a truck lock up the tires! yeah, she got a ride back real easy. (oh, she had a sports bra on).:P

Skydive Crosskeys. My wife comes up short trying to make it back. She is not going to clear some trees, so turns and lands in a freshly manure-ed field, catches her foot on a plowed row, and face plants...not too far from a road. She stands up, crap now smeared all over her shirt, and, decides it would be best to take the shirt off. As she is doing so, she hears a truck lock up the tires! yeah, she got a ride back real easy. (oh, she had a sports bra on).:P

Well, it's nice to know there are still some skydiving chics who have to have a compelling reason to take off their shirts!:P
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

So who let you out...and why?:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.