hokierower

Damn, stupid money!!!

New guy here, took the FJC 3 weeks ago but wasn't able to jump for 2 weeks because of the weather here in south Texas. This past Sunday turned out to be a FABULOUS day and I spent Saturday night at the DZ so I could start jumping first thing. Managed to get my first three levels wrapped up and got signed off for 1 instructor jumps. The DZ was packed all Sunday with tandems but the staff was just awesome and the instructors were great. Major props to Skydive San Marcos for a great first experience with the sport.

I'm stoked now and I can't wait to go back and continue my jump training (lvl 4+) but I've run out of money due to silly things like rent and bills >:(. I might be able to get 1 jump in if I don't eat for the next week and a half :S but I like eating. I really, really do.

I guess I'll just dirt dive in my apartment all weekend [:/]

Learn to pack...
There are some skydivers that are not...
"too lazy to pay for a pack job."

Or maybe, borrow money, and buy some silly mirrors, join a catering/party company, and get paid to help with parties.

Or, write a check... lol

pasta is really cheap like $0.69 a box. And its good for multiple meals. great way to save money.

Emptied my pasta reserves last night to feed myself for the next 3 days.

I might catch a break, boss said that we might be getting bonuses this Friday...

pasta is really cheap like $0.69 a box. And its good for multiple meals. great way to save money.

Wally World has Ramen noodles at $1.18 a case for 10.

Don't forget to save up for your beer dues as well.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hey man I "feel your pain". I remember babysitting a bunch of kids to pull it off.

Of course packing is a great idea. Is it possible maybe you could pick up some kind of work "on the side" just to pay for your training? Just a thought.

I promise it gets easier once training is over and you have your own gear....well, for some of us anyway;)

Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Hey man I "feel your pain". I remember babysitting a bunch of kids to pull it off.

Of course packing is a great idea. Is it possible maybe you could pick up some kind of work "on the side" just to pay for your training? Just a thought.

I promise it gets easier once training is over and you have your own gear....well, for some of us anyway;)

It doesn't get less expensive, though. You just do five jumps a day instead of one.

Ya,write a check...you don't need any money in the bank to write one:P

:D:D:D

Bry

Selling Plasma is a good money maker too.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

It doesn't get less expensive, though. You just do five jumps a day instead of one.

...well it sure got cheaper for me! ....but I have yet to make more than 3 jumps in a weekend.....and I still only jump every other weekend.[:/]

Hurry up and get the heck out of my house kids!>:(
Mrs. WaltAppel

...well it sure got cheaper for me! ....but I have yet to make more than 3 jumps in a weekend.....and I still only jump every other weekend.[:/]

I think the most I ever did was 8 in a day, at the World Freefall Convention.

I wish I was still jumping. The sky is that perfect shade of blue today. [:/]

Do you still look at the flags and figure out which way you would be landing, and how much brakes you would be applying as you do?

Do you still look at the flags and figure out which way you would be landing, and how much brakes you would be applying as you do?

I was looking out the window at the windsock on a nearby building and thinking exactly that earlier.

I'm just short on cash at the moment. All of my bills came together at the perfect time to rob me off all my money. Rent, water, electricity, MC loans, MC insurance, life insurance, cable, etc. Luckily I just have to wait a week and a half and I'll be back in business. No responsibilies (other than myself and my snake) is great!

Buying gear is gonna suck when that time comes, but luckily I'll just divert the funds from selling one of my bikes to the skydiving fund.

I might be able to get 1 jump in if I don't eat for the next week and a half

What's your point? That sounds about right for a good number of students, but it's not as bad as it seems. You're lucky you had enough to move through the 2 instructor jumps, and now you only have to pay one instructor. AS long as you can make one jump within 30 days, you won't have to do-over your last jump, and you'll keep moving through the progression.

It might make your training take a little longer, but it will give you time to sell your possesions, sign up for a stack of credit cards, and get ready for buying gear and spending $200/week on jumps for the next year or two (at least).

When gear buying time comes.....talk to Walt and I. We'll be happy to get ya taken care of!:)

Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

or you can send your gear money to New Zealand and then you'll save money on your jumps.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Man, I've been telling people for 40 years that they have to careful when they start skydiving. Because if they're not careful, thiey will wind up spending 50% of their time and 75% of theire money on skydiving. They thionk it's a joke until they get to whiere you are. ;)

Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Bro seriously....just man up and start prostituting yourself on the corner. Sure you could keep your dignity and wait for the cougars...but if you want to make some real money...you'll have to ass up your ass to old men. Git er done!

Dignity is overrated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgnS9bmP_qw

[note: this is absolutely, positively not endorsed by me. This is why I was a nerd in school and went to college]

Bro seriously....just man up and start prostituting yourself on the corner. Sure you could keep your dignity and wait for the cougars...but if you want to make some real money...you'll have to ass up your ass to old men. Git er done!

Dignity is overrated!

[note: this is absolutely, positively not endorsed by me. This is why I was a nerd in school and went to college]

I'll get right on that B|...wonder if Butters would be my pimp???

Dignity is overrated!

I'll get right on that B|...wonder if Butters would be my pimp???

Man...too bad a certain jumper was permanently banned from the dropzone recently!:S:P
Mrs. WaltAppel