skydiver30960

I got the job! Elvisio is Arizona-bound, bitches!

After seven years of self-remanufacture, I'm finally going to be a flight nurse!

I'm moving to Tucson, AZ in a couple weeks. I'll need some time to go through the week-long "corporate orientation" a.k.a. corporate Kool-Aid drinking session, but once I'm settled in I'll be checking out the local DZs.

A new job, hot weather, finally buying a house, hot weather, four-wheeling year-round, hot weather, and did I mention hot weather? Can't WAIT!

Elvisio "Arizona dreaming, FUCK snow" Rodriguez

Congratulations! Arizona is pretty nice. I missed trees when I was there, but the scenery has a seductive quality of it's own. You might also look into hang gliding while you're there. Conditions are good for it.

The heat isn't that bad to me. Although people make fun of calling it a 'dry heat', it really doesn't feel the same as the sweltering southeast.

Hope you love it.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

The heat isn't that bad to me. Although people make fun of calling it a 'dry heat', it really doesn't feel the same as the sweltering southeast.

Hope you love it.

Back in '02 I visited in Eloy in May. It was around 100F, but felt like 80F where I'm from. There were guys from the UK falling out and needing medics due to the eat. It really is a big difference. Now 105F near Houston...holy crap, buy a hat and hold the F on!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Oh, by the way, I'm pretty sure I'm busy the day you'll need help with moving in.

Which is good...............having to explain your Lycra-wearing pervo-ass to the new neighbors = rejection from the local neighborhood association.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I roll out of Virginia at 0600 tomorrow. It's going to be rough leaving the wife behind while I forge on to start the new job. It really started to feel "real" just a few moments ago when I took my house key off my keyring.

Tucson, here I come! I'll post updates to this thread, if anybody's listening...

Elvisio "ground control to major tom" Rodriguez

Greetings from Memphis!

Old joke: a couple newbie pilots are setting up to land their Cessna 152. As they turn on final, one says to the other "Holy CRAP that runway is short!" On touchdown, they both stand on the brakes and nearly flip the aircraft, coming to a halt with just inches to spare.
"WOW," the first says, "That HAS to be the shortest runway I've ever seen!"
"Ayuh," agreed the second as he looked out each side window "but DANG if it isn't wide!"

:P

That's how I feel about Tennessee. Not too long, but DAMN is it wide. And I took the long way through the state from Knoxville to Memphis. Chilling here tonight, then on to Abilene tomorrow...

Elvisio "time for hot wings" Rodriguez

EDIT: Gramamar