booyah

dropzone.com versus the real world - let the truth be told

Keeping with the theme of my previous poll, how about we expand on that topic a little bit....

My past year of lurking on this website has taught me that there is a HUGE difference between your run of the mill skydiver you meet on a dropzone, and your run of the mill skydiver on dropzone.com.

The average skydiver on dropzone.com seems to be much more anal retentive, politically correct, highly emotional, less likely to participate in any activity that may involve any aspect of breaking the law, frowns at looking at boobies unless they have a huge label on the picture, more likely to complain at the slightest little thing, doesnt think the idea of punting a small dog across a room is funny, both male and female members generally need heavy flow support, will not under any circumstances make fun of someone elses misfortune, believes female equality is actually a reality, doesnt think it is absolutely hysterical when a friend contracts an STD, thinks that any and all questionable behavior that takes place on a dropzone is the work of satan and finally...believes that sleeping with multiple people at the same time is actually a bad thing.

whereas.....

the average skydiver on a dropzone believes the exact opposite of everything listed above.

what am I missing?

edited to add: dropzone.com skydivers think vaginas are yucky.

I understand this may be a highly emotional touchy subject for some of you. I understand it may make emotions run high

Mods - if need be, please feel free to move this to speakers corner. I don't want to upset anybody here in the bonfire.

My experience that is that people who don't fill out their profiles are trying to hide something.

Everyone knows who I am, and where I jump. They know how long I've been jumping and how many jumps I've made during that time. They know the equipment I jump and the wau I load it. I'm a real person, and not looking to hide behind anything.

You're a fag, fuck you.

My experience that is that people who don't fill out their profiles are trying to hide something.

Everyone knows who I am, and where I jump. They know how long I've been jumping and how many jumps I've made during that time. They know the equipment I jump and the wau I load it. I'm a real person, and not looking to hide behind anything.

You're a fag, fuck you.

and my sexual preference has anything to do with what may I ask?

Or, they have been around long enough to remember what happened to PhillyKev and AggieDave.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You're a fag, fuck you.

+1 Well Said. :D

my sexual preference has anything to do with what may I ask?

The same that your opinion of anyone on DZ.com or a DZ has anything to do with anything.

You seem like a fag, fuck you.

I'm sorry if I struck a personal nerve with you. The first stage of acceptance is generally denial. You'll get through it. Don't fight it, embrace it for anger is next and that can sometimes be a doozy.

Or, they have been around long enough to remember what happened to PhillyKev and AggieDave

I don't recall the details, but I'm assuming it has something to do with posting things that effected their real lives in a negative way. The easy solution is not to post anything you wouldn't want on the front page of the NY Times.

That aside, there's enough of your profile filled out that we can be fairly certain you're a real person with actual skydiving experience. People who fill out nothing might as well be teenage boys or lonley middle-aged housewives with nothing better to do than play 'internet skydiver'.

Or, they have been around long enough to remember what happened to PhillyKev and AggieDave.>:(

Exactly. That's why there really isn't any info in my profile and I don't talk about who I exactly work for, what city I live in or anything like that. It would be simple to figure it out especially since I'm active in the sport and visit different dropzones, but I don't just put it out there to make it google-easy. I wrote an article recently that is supposed to be published soon about gear theft. Included was a picture of me in my work gear that the editor wanted to publish with the article, but I even "cleaned" that image to remove specific information from the vehicle, patches and uniform items. Why? People are vindictive and can't let things be. It even got to the point where every couple of months I "ego-google" to see what I can quickly find putting my real life together with my frequently used internet names.

The situation that came back to me wasn't anything bad that was posted. It was about an automobile collision I was involved in where the other party was trying to get me fired for having simply talked about it. They had been found partially at fault for the accident and were grasping at straws to get my insurance company to pay out. They were also vindictive, trying to get me fired just to be mean.

That is also why I don't post a lot of the humor type things that I used to 10 years ago. Same for other online social sites that I frequent.

I've also met enough skydivers at different boogies and swoop comps that I'm known, not a blank username on the internet.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm sorry if I struck a personal nerve with you. The first stage of acceptance is generally denial. You'll get through it. Don't fight it, embrace it for anger is next and that can sometimes be a doozy.

You are sadly mistaken if you think this exchange will have one ounce of impact on my life beyond this post. Wake yourself up and disconnect from the matrix. There are real people out there participating in actual activites. Look into it.

You are sadly mistaken if you think this exchange will have one ounce of impact on my life beyond this post. Wake yourself up and disconnect from the matrix. There are real people out there participating in actual activites. Look into it.

if I keep poking at you will you hit me with a harry potter quote next? please?