shah269

Fear of ending up like a good friend *NOT for the ladies*

And there in lays your problem.

threads beg to differ :P

OK no honesty it's been really helpful.
I woke up early this morning and had a moment of contemplation and the answer was right in front of me.
In fact it is right there in my signature line.
The energy to fuel my drive, my search, my ability to keep going...comes not only from with in but is pulled from outside.
From my friends and family.
And as long as I have this I like my friend will never give up.

Thanks for making this an EPIC thread!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Good thing we men stay in perfect shape, don't ever cheat, maintain a perfect career and financial situation.
PEOPLE aren't perfect, no matter the gender.
Some people get lazy in marriage and it contributes to it's failure.
Expecting any relationship to be perfect, more so without any effort by both parties is simply unrealistic.
Relationships take work. Lots of it. Effort, time, honesty, communication.

While I'm clearly no expert on the subject, I have never expected them to magically work on their own, even less on simply "picking someone from a visual impression".

It's nice to get some perspective on why so many fail though.
:P

See a shrink?

Seriously, if your so worried that your not going to like the woman you eventually marry, despite that fact you probably haven't even met her yet, that would suggest you have severe confidence, personality or trust issues.

Or you're just trying to get some more attention by making an excuse to talk on a skydiving forum about how many beautiful girls your going out with at the moment, again.
My skydiving - http://unstable-exits.blogspot.com/

I won't lie. While it seems I may be setting my standards too high, I do find a woman who is very happy, uplifting, funny, and has a great smile, is immensely more desirable than the typical hottie.

I guess I just look for women who are not afraid to live life fully, and enjoy every aspect of it. I'd be much happier dating an average looking woman that enjoys what I do, and can rely on herself, than any drop down gorgeous model that's afraid to try new things, and needs constant reassurance.

*Edit* Although to counteract that somewhat, a woman who lets herself go makes her undesirable. Less because of the added weight, but more so because she doesn't have the will-power to keep herself healthy.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

>Do not mock those who's fate was not fortuitous for yours will be no different.

Fate is not the same as choices. I feel bad for people who were born without arms and legs; it wasn't their fault that their lives are a lot more difficult than mine.

Some people that i've met that are physically challenged, With the right resources and attitude can do just fine and are a inspiration to some of us. The physically challenged that have their act together really don't care what able bodied folks think about them.

I feel a lot less bad for people who are dirt poor just because they never bothered to get an education or a job.

If you and yours started out being dirt poor, were raised by abusive parents etc. And you both worked your ass off to break out of the cycle of poverty that you were born into then you may have a point based your real world experience. B|

If not I hope we can agree that we disagree and move on.

One Jump Wonder

Go on an adventure. Camping. Climb a mountain. Hike around Moab. Something outdoors and for yourself only. Go enjoy some nature in a forest. Do anything. Get offline.

Sincere comment.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

You have to be happy and love yourself before you can bring happiness and love into a relationship.

How often do you have to love yourself before you get happy?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You have to be happy and love yourself before you can bring happiness and love into a relationship.

How often do you have to love yourself before you get happy?

Well Dr. Shah stated in one of his peer reviewed and published and quickly recycled articles that one must at least love ones self twice a day.
It's good for the pipes! :P
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

This has been an entertaining thread and whilst I do not know Shah269 from Adam, I must assume he is a nice guy as no-one here has dared to mention the Elephant in the room.......

So here goes....
First, here is my disclaimer (as you did also).
This is not personal in any way:-

Shah269, You look a bit overweight.
From your photo and your listed wingloading I'd say you were close to 13st.

How on earth are you going to get a girl who meets your requirements when you appear not to meet them yourself?

175lbs at 5'7"
I work out twice a week and practice yoga twice a week.
I could be in better shape but that would mean cutting out a significant amount of carbs. Or worse...pick up running! YUCK!

But I figure I fit into a size medium (32 in gut), my doctor and insurance company say I'm on the healthier side of the curve so that's a good indication that maybe I'm ok. But yeah, you are right, I should loose another 5-10lbs for my own health.

And as for "what" I am looking for?
A size medium, a life partner and not a liability.
As for my friend....he's taller and skinner than me, works out and actually runs. He's in great shape. His wife.....I would assume she is an XL and appears to have no intention of reducing her expansions.

Further more this discrepancy just isn't noticed by me.
Others have also noticed it and brought it to my attention. And yeah....I'm still worried and a bit scared.

How did I put it to a friend the other day? People climbing Everest don't die from broken bones or from falling off the edge. They die because they just sit down. And I fear maybe one day I will lack the drive and the energy and just sit down and become another artifact on the mountain.

You know it's funny, yes time isn't a girls best friend when it comes to the standard view of beauty (watch someone comes in and declares their love of the golden girls). But in a way you have it much easier than your average guy. After all it's us guys who have to do the leg work, we have to make the effort we have to take the risk....most of the time. Though I have yet to see any different.

Yeah we guys get more mellow and more financially viable later in life but....in the run of things personal opinion, women just have it easier than guys.

My friend gave up and lost, his wife....she got it made! The good looking guy, the house, the kid and the freedom to put away 10k calories a day.

And I worry, and dare I say I am still scared, I may give up and loose.

Shah, your picture is very, very colored by where you live, how much you make, and how much your friends make.

There are plenty of women who divorce and end up with no (or lesser) career and earning propects (they gave that up to have children), and then when dad moves on, they end up with the kids, the child support (sometimes -- look up "deadbeat") and maybe a house they can't afford.

Quit being scared and feeling sorry for yourself. Yes, that's what you're doing. For every guy-horror-story, there are woman-horror-stories, and it-all-worked-out stories.

Watch for a poll in the near future.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy
Thank you you are right. The field I'm in.....I can't tell you the number of GREAT GUYS who I've seen surrender and just sit. And then one day when I take them into NYC they get hit on by a very attractive young woman and....well....imagine a bomb going off inside a glass house.

And where I currently live....oh god....a great condo complex full of old ladies....yeah! So much fun.
But I hear you when respect to it being a gamble. Some win some loose and some just pull their chips off the table and hit the buffet. That's if you are not handcuffed to said table.

Thank you, this is sadly not one of those things you can read a book or take a seminar on to correct your landing and canopy skills. Maybe I just need some air under my feet. :)

Maybe I just need some air under my feet

:ph34r: Go read some of the swooping threads. It's landings and air that gets you good in the long run. A class helps, but it takes experience to push the boundaries.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

:ph34r: Go read some of the swooping threads. It's landings and air that gets you good in the long run. A class helps, but it takes experience to push the boundaries.

Wendy P.

Whatever you do, don't run out of air before you are ready to put your feet down.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Wendy
Thank you you are right. The field I'm in.....I can't tell you the number of GREAT GUYS who I've seen surrender and just sit. And then one day when I take them into NYC they get hit on by a very attractive young woman and....well....imagine a bomb going off inside a glass house.

And where I currently live....oh god....a great condo complex full of old ladies....yeah! So much fun.
But I hear you when respect to it being a gamble. Some win some loose and some just pull their chips off the table and hit the buffet. That's if you are not handcuffed to said table.

Thank you, this is sadly not one of those things you can read a book or take a seminar on to correct your landing and canopy skills. Maybe I just need some air under my feet. :)

It dawned on me that I got suckered. Shah I am absolutely convinced that this is a troll. The give-away was when you started the story with "I have a friend...":P

Hats off to you for some quality entertainment.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

:ph34r: Go read some of the swooping threads.
Or get a wingsuit. ;)

P.S. to shah269: At 26 jumps, you have 174 jumps left!

HAHAHHA I read that as get a "Wingnut":D:ph34r:

OK, this might piss some people off and it might offend some people, but I don't care because my coffee is not ready yet, so here goes.
I have a real black belt and a real MBA, and I'm scared that people who can't run their own lives will end up running banks.
Coffee's ready; ya'll have fun.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

And I CAN'T GET MY FREAKING MIND AROUND THIS ONE! I CAN END UP LIKE THIS GUY!
HELP! I DON'T WANT TO END UP WITH A FAT POS SHOE CRAZY BITCH WHO HAS ME BY THE BALLS!

If I were considering marriage, personally, I'd go with a good prenup. Have a sit-down with an attorney in your state and find out your options.

http://www.prenuptialagreements.org/prenup-myths/