shah269

Fear of ending up like a good friend *NOT for the ladies*

Why is this thread still alive? It's obvious to many (no offense intended) that shah is NOT ready for a relationship. Instead of focusing on some hypothetical woman out there focus on self. Seriously, let's just say that in theory you meet that perfect woman tomorrow. In your current state I would bet dollars to dimes that you would fuck it up...and how bad would that suck?

Have fun. Stop looking for someone else to complete you and do it your damn self. Out!

P.S. to shah269: At 26 jumps, you have 174 jumps left!

That would be nice. 174 jumps :)maybe after all the bank and legal fees I can maybe do 100 this summer. That would be nice.

And this thread wasn't about "finding" it's about giving up sitting down and lowering your standards because....the sand got too deep, the hill got to steep or the air got too thin.

I not a quitter and I could never imagine ever giving up. But it's as if I'm climbing Everest and I just walked past a body of someone who was in better shape and had better gear than me.....[:/]
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Verification from those that have met in person?

For the record those that have met me in reall life are lying!

There is no way I am really that nice of a person in real life! And in no way am I the kind of guy you actually want to introduce to your parents and or give a hug to!
ALL LIES!

I'm really one bad ass MOFO! :)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

But well....we guys....we are different. Well I am very different. Looks matter, how she carriers her self matters, health matters. I have never or will I EVER date a girl and have to say "But she is nice"

So you meet the perfect woman...gorgeous, active, sexually adventerous, devoted, and financially self-sufficient. Not wanting to risk losing that winning lottery ticket, you marry her, and a year later you crash your car coming home from a party, permanently disfiguring her and reducing her sporting and employment opportunities. After doing this to her, do you bail? Eat a bullet? Realize that she's the same beautiful woman you married?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Generally the right person is beautiful to you, and others' opinions don't matter as much.

Of course, then there are the guys who divorce their first wives so they can go score a buxom young blonde for a trophy wife.

For some, how they look to others is a consideration. Most folks consider it to be a shallow one -- but, ya know, such is life.

I have a great uncle who married a trophy wife after his first wife died. His kids hated her, called her the gold digger. That gold digger got him playing golf again, dancing, traveling, and generally enjoying life. He lived well into his 80's, and died happy and content (leaving plenty to his disgruntled children, along with the trophy wife). I figure she was a really great wife.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Here is to things lasting the second time around.

God what are we on page....5?
OK to back up, this is not about "the perfect" person it's about giving up on finding that perfect person.
Settling for less and then one day looking back and knowing we could have done more.

Like I said before people don't die on Everest from falling to their deaths, most die from just sitting down, giving up....and I worry about maybe doing the same.

I got very lucky with my first wife, she was amazing I worry that maybe I will lack the will and the energy to find another person like her. And sadly end up like my friend, standing there...knowing he could have done better. Found someone who was as outgoing as him as energetic...a life partner not a liability.

Mail order bride & pre-nup.

Man you have to make good $$$ for those.
Not that it costs much to get married. It's the life after that's expensive.
I make $100k, ok money for NJ.
It would be nice to find a parther who made at least $35k.
That way we could live an ok life.

A mail order bride......if you make enough and are just in it for the sex....sure why not. But not my thing.
Though a viable option.

I wonder how many times you have told us that you make 100k?

Did everyone get that...he makes 100k. OMG!!! Just goes to show, money just makes you a bigger whatever you are.

:D:D It's funny... I liked this guy I met at a DZ because he listened and he was sensitive and funny and clever... But he kept throwing around how much money he had... And he kept dishing it out on expensive meals and drinks and stuff... Quite frankly, it really put me off... It was almost like he was showing off... And to me, having lots of money is *not* a quality - it's something you have, not who you *are.*

I would have respected him a thousand times more if he never made a big deal about it, and never talked about it, and spent it conservatively and reasonably. I would have respected him a lot more if he understood the value of it, even if he didn't have much money at all...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

There are certain qualities you see in most people that talk about how much money they have all the time.

Does it apply to people who talk about how little they have?

I'm not answering for Spence... But yeah... Someone who constantly plays the victim card is just as unattractive to me as someone who constantly brags...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I got very lucky with my first wife, she was amazing I worry that maybe I will lack the will and the energy to find another person like her.

You mean someone that cuts you off sexually and when you try to discuss it threatens to leave you then eventually does after you paid for her education? :o

Rose colored glasses on your view of the past ya got there. [:/]
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Could be. I'm broke as hell. Someone tell me how I come across.

Yank it the left a little harder - then at a 45 degree angle as you go. You should make it across.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun