johnnyboy

freefly suit suggestions

I am looking for an inexpensive freefly suit. I looked online and I found a place in Australia that sells them for $99, however, there shipping is ridiculous.
I was hoping you fellow jumpers may have other suggestions of what stores to look.
jumpers ARE better all around people than whuffos

In my opinion you have two choices,

Firstly, get a cheap second hand one from your DZ shop, dropzone.com... which if your still at the strage of messy landings might be a good idea.

Or in my opinion you should just bite the bullet and invest in a decent one. A decent one will last you a long time and when you think how many jumps you will make in it its isnt actually that expensive.

Or in my opinion you should just bite the bullet and invest in a decent one. A decent one will last you a long time and when you think how many jumps you will make in it its isnt actually that expensive.

I agree. Especially since the cheapest freefly suits are already $100+, you might as well spend the extra eighty bucks or so to get a good quality one you can trust.

MB 3528, RB 1182

I am looking for an inexpensive freefly suit.

Do you have a grandmother or mother that sews? If so, you can buy the top notch fabric you desire, and have them teach you how to make it. $30 for the fabric, maybe $50 tops... Borrow a friends suit and study how it is made (double stiching, etc)...

It ain't that hard to sew one as long as you have some basic skills taught to you and you do your research. There are even threads on this forum about how to make one.

Thank you all for helping me out. Skydivers really ARE the nicest people around ;)

tdog,
Your suggestion is great!! I would have never thought of that, and you are right, it shouldnt be that hard. My mother sews, so I will take care of that. However, I am in law school, and my free time is extremely limited, so i have to sit on that for a while. However, when I get good enough to not screw up my suit, I will go that route for sure :)FFAddict,
Yes, second hand is key. I have been looking around, but the ones that fit me arent that cheap, so I will keep looking, but I really want to have a suit already. For the second idea, I looked into it, and with some options that my instructors recommended, the suits would run as high as $350 or more. Until I get good enough to where I consistently land on my feet, I need a cheap one. But thank you for your advice.
bch7773,
thank you as well for your help B| Unfortunately, for the same reasons I stated above, I will wait for the better suit. However, if you do point me in the right direction where I can get one for under $180, tax and shipping included, please do.
thanks again,
Diablopilot,
I called them, and they were trying to sell me a bomber, which starts at about 230. Do you know what brand you were thinking of?
Noctralucent,
where can I find a firefly? Are they inexpensive? Remember, I suck at landing, and I just want something that fits good and is comfortable, is loose enough to slow me down ( I am a big guy :$), and of course freefly friendly. If it looks cool and matches my rig, that would be a plus ;) but that is not much of a concern for me.

Again, thank you all for your help. If you can give me anymore input, please do so. And if anyone has ever ordered from totalcontrol.au, let me know how it was.
thanks---johnny :)
jumpers ARE better all around people than whuffos

Diablopilot,
I called them, and they were trying to sell me a bomber, which starts at about 230. Do you know what brand you were thinking of?

Yep. A Bomber Freefly Suit by FliteSuit Company. Great suit, I own multiple Flite Suit Products.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.