Teigen

Bully ownage!

But he took defending himself to a much higher level than needed. Damn near breaking some kid's skull is not necessary, I don't care if he is a bully. Usually a single punch is enough to make a bully (especially one that clearly has little man syndrome) stop. Yes, I understand these guys are probably in middle school, but still.

Unless you're trained in fighting, I can assure you there is no pattern of thought that decides your actions prior to doing them when in a fight. Adrenalin takes over and you do what you can to come out of the situation on top, it's human instinct. They were grappling, so he did what he could to come out of the situation on top, I can assure you he wasn't thinking "I want to smash this kids head in and kill him", I don't know about a cracked skull but a broken leg or so seems fit punishment for that little fucker.

Personally, I will have no pity on a bully under any circumstances.

You do have a point.
I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian environment that taught the turn-the-other-cheek philosophy.

What I learned in the real world is that there are people who will walk all over anyone they can,
and will only respect someone who refuses to take it.
There were a few occasions in my teens and twenties where losing my temper and attacking a guy much bigger than myself actually worked to my advantage in that I earned the respect of the bigger guy and had no further problems with him.

that. there was this guy in school that bullied me for YEARS. until i ended up on top of his chest, getting a hold on his ears and slamming his head on the floor until the little fuck saw stars. i was so angry he also got a good portion of my saliva in his face.

believe me, that thaught him a lesson. the class loved it. would of made for good video too. B|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

But he took defending himself to a much higher level than needed. Damn near breaking some kid's skull is not necessary, I don't care if he is a bully. Usually a single punch is enough to make a bully (especially one that clearly has little man syndrome) stop. Yes, I understand these guys are probably in middle school, but still.

Unless you're trained in fighting, I can assure you there is no pattern of thought that decides your actions prior to doing them when in a fight. Adrenalin takes over and you do what you can to come out of the situation on top, it's human instinct. They were grappling, so he did what he could to come out of the situation on top, I can assure you he wasn't thinking "I want to smash this kids head in and kill him", I don't know about a cracked skull but a broken leg or so seems fit punishment for that little fucker.

Personally, I will have no pity on a bully under any circumstances.

I'm am not saying I pity the brat, by no means am I saying that. But I understand what you're saying about adrenalin; I honestly did not even thinking about that.

But he took defending himself to a much higher level than needed.

I was one of the smaller kids in my class in grammar school and figured out pretty early that when confronted with a bully it helps to win the confrontation as completely as possible. That way you win that fight, the fight he might be thinking about, and a couple of fights that others may have in the back of their minds. I probably got the worst more often than I got the better but nobody took me twice and everyone knew that if I got you down I wasn't stopping until someone really big dragged me off of you.
haven't watched the video but kudos to th kid if he was fighting back.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

But he took defending himself to a much higher level than needed.

I completely disagree. The fat kid stood there and took 4 separate attacks without retaliating. After the 4th time the twerp tried to punch him, He picked him up and threw him to the ground and walked away.
Just enough to end the confrontation and hopefully discourage further confrontation.

I also disagree that walking away earlier would have been a reasonable solution. That would just provoke further attacks. Involving an Adult also would have just provoked later retaliation from the twerp and his friends.

Kudos to the Fat kid all the way around. Having shown that he is not a punching bag should make his life a little better during those tough years where social status at school can be devastating to some kids.

There is a point when people must take a stand and say enough is enough.

"

So, you would just walk away ...?

What if they punched you ..?

One of the reasons that we have shit heads in our society that act just like this kid was acting is because they get away with it. ...

Sometimes walking away means walking away from an 18 year career.
The really sad thing is that most of the arguments started over things that I was not - high enough up the chain of command - able to change.

The bigger kid could easily have pounded him back to the stoneage after that slam! But chose to step away from the situation after making his point! I think that shows that he's a good guy and not even remotely a bully! When it comes to walking away from stuff like this.. I would rather have a kid that would know how to say "enough is enough" even if it meant throwing a fist or slamming someone to the ground! WAY to many kids are instantly pushed down to the bottom of the pecking order early in school! Be it their appearance, disabilities or personality. And alot of them remain there and grow up to be pussies! Afraid to question stuff an stand up for themselves! Some even have psychological problems!

I know some hatin be coming my way now, but im a huge fan of Joe Rogan (UFC host, MMA fighter and Fear Factor host) and i tune in to his weekly podcasts, and he once had a discussion about this! And he was talking about how he thought giving kids the opportunity to learn how to fight early in school could help alot of people grow up with better confidence in themselves! Its all about attitudes towards the use of force!

I say the big guy did well. He (in the video we see at least), didn't do any thing to provoke the fight. He took a punch and what sounded like some teasing. I could not hear it well enough to discern if he said stop.

He did not react or retaliate till attacked again and took it to a level to end it and pursued it no further.

And most importantly, he got it on video!:D
So the runt's (probably distorted) account of what happened won't hold water.

Unless, it was one of the runt's buddies who took the video and the runt told him to erase it.
Other than that, looks like the big kid has a good case. I smell... LAWSUIT! :D:D:D

Chuck
Lawsuit is pretty unlikely, That happened in Australia, they would have both been suspended from school though.
Sad that so many find it amusing:S

That's ridiculous.

It's sad that defending oneself can be punished.

My son experienced a similar thing when he was in Jr. high. He was in 7th. grade at the time and there was an older kid (the kid had failed twice and was held-back) in his gym class who was continually bullying my son. Well, the day came the older kid went too far and my son, who was smaller, wheeled around and landed his fist squarely on the bully's nose... breaking and bloodying it. The older kid was expelled and my son got a Saturday detention for fighting. Those are the school rules. No exceptions. The principal did tell me (off to the side) she was proud of my son for standing-up for himself.:D

Chuck

My son experienced a similar thing when he was in Jr. high. He was in 7th. grade at the time and there was an older kid (the kid had failed twice and was held-back) in his gym class who was continually bullying my son. Well, the day came the older kid went too far and my son, who was smaller, wheeled around and landed his fist squarely on the bully's nose... breaking and bloodying it. The older kid was expelled and my son got a Saturday detention for fighting. Those are the school rules. No exceptions. The principal did tell me (off to the side) she was proud of my son for standing-up for himself.:D

Chuck

That's beautiful B|:D I don't know what's the better part of the story...your kid standing up for himself, or the principal telling you that she was proud of him. :ph34r::D

how about the girl stepping in and telling the other bully to backoff

the problem with these jerks is the schools suspend both parties, the bullies have learned how to be sneaky and get away with bullying, if a kid defends hiimself he gets caught
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Chuck

That's beautiful B|:D I don't know what's the better part of the story...your kid standing up for himself, or the principal telling you that she was proud of him. :ph34r::D

She said that and I about popped shirt buttons. Most generally, my son is pretty laid-back.

Chuck

I thought the best advice I've heard of a father giving his kid was:

"Don't you ever start a fight!
But if someone starts one with you, I expect you to finish it."
:ph34r:

I was skinny, tall, and introverted in elementary and high school, that that seemed to attract the bullies.
Later, when I was ~19, I got into martial arts.
If only I had known some of those things years earlier.
And I'm not just talking about the physical skills, but the psychological skills.

I was at a tournament once and was watching a guy in a sparring match, who I eventually fought in the final round.
He was more flexible, and quicker than me, and could kick much higher.
I knew he could beat me.
When I found myself against him in the final round, I did everything I could to intimidate him.
It worked so well, that to my amazement, the entire match consisted of him trying to get away from me, and me trying to land a punch/kick on him before he backed out of the 20-foot ring.
(When both feet left the ring, the center ref would stop the fight and bring us back in for a restart).
The poor guy didn't know he was a better fighter than me.:D
I won the gold medal in my division.:ph34r:

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I say the big guy did well. He (in the video we see at least), didn't do any thing to provoke the fight. He took a punch and what sounded like some teasing. I could not hear it well enough to discern if he said stop.

He did not react or retaliate till attacked again and took it to a level to end it and pursued it no further.

Unless, it was one of the runt's buddies who took the video and the runt told him to erase it.
Other than that, looks like the big kid has a good case. I smell... LAWSUIT! :D:D:D

Chuck
Lawsuit is pretty unlikely, That happened in Australia, they would have both been suspended from school though.

That's ridiculous.

C’mon, you lost your right to complain how I react to your violence the moment you brought it upon me. If you punch someone, you cant complain “how” they kick your ass. Well I suppose you can but certainly you will not to be taken seriously. You don’t want someone to escalate a violent situation, don’t be violent towards them. It’s a shame this kid had to learn it the hard way.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

I know some hatin be coming my way now, but im a huge fan of Joe Rogan (UFC host, MMA fighter and Fear Factor host) and i tune in to his weekly podcasts, and he once had a discussion about this! And he was talking about how he thought giving kids the opportunity to learn how to fight early in school could help alot of people grow up with better confidence in themselves! Its all about attitudes towards the use of force!

I completely agree. When I was told my younger brother was being bullied in school I taught him to fight. He beat up the bullies, got detention, but the bullying stopped.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

It would have been better if the big kid had just turned and walked away. That's what I try to do as an adult (but didn't always do when I was that age.) But seeing as how he's still a kid and learning this stuff, I would cut him some slack. I hope the little kid learned a good lesson about being an idiot.

You just walk away when some one assaults you?

No, I'm fine with defending myself. But that little kid? Half the other kid's size? Not much of a punch, not much of an assault. It seemed more like petty harassment to me.

Sure, I've punched my share of people I thought deserved it. I've gotten in the middle of some fights trying to break them up. Maybe it's a grownup looking back on childish behavior. I try to avoid that stuff anymore. And yes, they're kids in school. I can understand the kid's reaction, and I can't fault it too much. I'm a middle aged adult with a fair amount of net worth. It can be very expensive to get in a fist fight. It's cost others I know quite a bit of $$.

Chuck

That's ridiculous.

C’mon, you lost your right to complain how I react to your violence the moment you brought it upon me. If you punch someone, you cant complain “how” they kick your ass. Well I suppose you can but certainly you will not to be taken seriously. You don’t want someone to escalate a violent situation, don’t be violent towards them. It’s a shame this kid had to learn it the hard way.

What, I am not allowed to have an opinion? You can react how you like, as can I. Head trauma is no joke. I'm not upset that the kid defended himself, I think that is awesome. All I was saying is that slamming a kid on his head is a little too much. One punch from the bigger kid would've likely sent the little bully flat on his back, and typically once you fight back bullies leave you alone.

Chuck

That's ridiculous.

What, I am not allowed to have an opinion? You can react how you like, as can I. Head trauma is no joke. I'm not upset that the kid defended himself, I think that is awesome. All I was saying is that slamming a kid on his head is a little too much. One punch from the bigger kid would've likely sent the little bully flat on his back, and typically once you fight back bullies leave you alone.

That's the problem when being a bully. You never know exactly who you are going to be picking on. That big kid didn't know how to fight. He had adrenaline and size advantage, and the little twerp got whatever was coming his way. One punch may have finished it, but the big kid didn't know HOW to channel his anger/fear/retaliation. I have NO sympathy for the little shit throwing the first punch.

/the more I learned about fighting, the less I ever wanted to get into a fight.

But that little kid? Half the other kid's size? Not much of a punch, not much of an assault. It seemed more like petty harassment to me.

I respect the sentiment however.. How many times should one turn the other cheek?

If you watch the video.. The first punch landed fairly. The Fat kid did not retailiate (Turned the other Cheek more less).
The Bully Hit him again. The fat kid did not retaliate.
The bully stepped back danced around and tried to hit him two more time.

While the punches may not have caused much damage, It was clear that the punches were meant to hit and torment the fat kid.

Should he wait until one of them actually seriously injure him before he strikes back?? The Bully had already made 4 attempts to do so.

How much "petty harassment" should one take and where is the line?? Someone Punching you and then attempting to punch you several more times seems to be more than just "harassment". In fact in legal terms we call that "Assault". The fact that it was not very effective assault is not relevant, let it continue and sooner or later it will get more effective.

This was a Schoolyard bully getting what he deserved. Nothing more or less.

I am somewhat glad that there was no serious injury to the bully and hopefully he learned from this, Hopefully both kids will become a little better in the long run after this.

I am somewhat glad that there was no serious injury to the bully and hopefully he learned from this, Hopefully both kids will become a little better in the long run after this.

Yeah, you're right, except I'm not sure if that little kid did or didn't get hurt. That was one hell of a smack down, compared to those weak ass punches the little kid was throwing. I sure laughed my ass off at home.

Still, I prefer to avoid violence as much as Practical. Especially the way it can escalate these days, and as a holder of a CPL, I tend to be non-confrontational. Besides, there's not a lot of bullying in my world.

According this report
http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/15/australian-bully-video-school-suspension/

Bully suspended for 21 days, Larger kid suspended for 4 days since he was also violent. All in all it sounds pretty fair and rational.

Also says the Bully was not seriously hurt.

Granted, I cant say that this is most reliable news source. ;p