skybeergodd

looking for webbing

Anyone know a good place to buy webbing....Like type 7, 12 and 17.....I know paragear sells it but at their prices you'd think it comes with a gold bar or something. I know there has to be a better supplier and I know you master riggers out there have a cheap supplier. Web sites or contact info would be greatly appreciated......and I'm still also looking for a good set of directions for building a harness...again I know I can do it from looking at one....but knowing the steps from the first to the last in the easiest order makes life much easier for me too......
Blue Skies
Kelly

Try asking all the harness manufacturers.
For example, Strong Enterprises has a side-business called "Packman" that wholesales webbing, hardware, etc.
They may have an odd-coloured lot that they are willing to sell for cheap.
As for sewing your own harness ... it is a complicated process that would take thousands of words to put on paper. Perhaps you should wait until Sandy Reid publishes his FAA-endorsed textbook on major repairs.
Since harness manufacture is such a complicated process, you really should sew your first half-dozen under the supervision of a Master Rigger. This is definitely not a home-study project.
And it is always wise to ask a second set of eyes to inspect stuff before you fling it off a cliff.

I've got lots of webbing ie..T-4,T-7, T-8, T-12, T-17 in the collors red, blue, navy blue, gold, white, black, purple, and smoke. I am moving on from manufacturing and rigging and no longer have a use for all of it so its for sale. All webbing is certified . If interested, drop me a PM and I'll well work out a price.
Kevin