NewGuy2005

I Need a Decent Hotel on the Mall in Washington DC

Any suggestions? Does not have to be fancy.

Well, if you're not so picky (requiring said hotel to be ON the mall) you could probably find more options.

Sadly, I do not believe that the 'hotel on the mall' idea has taken off. We must commute to the mall.B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

erm...no hotels on the mall.

honestly, stay anywhere the metro goes and you'll be fine. it's a really nice subway system and the smithsonian stop lets you out smack dab in the center of the mall...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

honestly, stay anywhere the metro goes and you'll be fine. it's a really nice subway system and the smithsonian stop lets you out smack dab in the center of the mall...

Really?? I stayed there a million years ago and I recall that I was a couple of blocks from the Mall. I guess I should have said close to the Mall.

The Metro suggestion sounds good. Convenient and it would be a good experience for the kids.

There's a Holiday Inn 1 block from the Air & Space Museum that was OK for quality and price. We stayed there over Easter weekend about 5 years ago. I think I found it on one of the Orbits kind of websites. If you're doing the tourist thing, consider the guided tours. We saw a lot in 2 days but no explanation or history lesson.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

My suggestions is that DC is one of the easiest places to get around via rail/metro. You can stay anywhere near a metro and be somewhere else in 1/2 hour.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

A coworker said he found a nice B & B in DC for not too much, very convenient to the Metro. I've always stayed a little West of town on business trips and took the subway in. :)
I especially love the subway going all the way to the airport. Wish I could take a train to SeaTac airport.:S

A coworker said he found a nice B & B in DC for not too much, very convenient to the Metro. I've always stayed a little West of town on business trips and took the subway in. :)
I especially love the subway going all the way to the airport. Wish I could take a train to SeaTac airport.:S

You can, however, once it is off the tracks, the police won't have a very hard time locating the guy who stole it.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Is this a business trip and/or will you have some time for sight seeing? The collection of museums on the Mall are a national treasure. My fav, of course, is the Air & Space, but also liked the art museum and American history. The Holocaust Museum was a very powerful experience too.

Enjoy your trip. :)

This was great advice. We have been here all week and we are having a blast. The Metro has been a GREAT way to get around.