rhino

Blue Skies Pops... My prayers are with you and your family..

Pops felt like a father to me. Dave like a brother..

I am crying and praying and crying and praying.. I feel horrible.. I miss him so much. He helped me put up my tent at the convention. Went out of his way to make room for my tent. He took it down before the storm and then put it back up. What an amazing human being. He was like the Dad I never had. He felt that way. Warm.. A huge heart. Welcoming. I am sickened by this.. I feel like selling my rig. This is horrible.. He was bar none the nicest, warmest person I have had the pleasure of knowing.. I am torn inside just knowing he is gone... :(

Love and miss you allways Pops...

Blue Skies Pops...

Rob Cowan

Rhino

Blue skies, Pops...fly free and fast with the angels...

And my most sincere condolences to his family, who must be hurting so very terribly right now. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

*hug* rhino hang in there -- i'm a firm believer everything happens for a reason.. it hurts but pops left us doing something he loved. I *THINK* I may have met him when I went to Holly's funeral, we went to Tecumseah to do a memorial jump for Holly and I think he was talking to me about my wingsuit (he hadn't seen one before). if someone had a picture it would be nice..

BSBD

I believe someone from his family posted a thread for condolences in Intros and Greets. I moved it to Gen Skydiving so it might not sink as fast as in Talkback. You can find it here.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Rob,

My prayers are going out to you and Pops' family and loved ones. Have faith and hang in there.

I wish there was something I could do to make this easier on you. If there is, don't hesitate to let me know.

God bless,
Chris

no fucking way...words can not express what i feel at this moment...i was stupified when i read the thread

it is amazing how knowing 3.5 languages and i still can't find any words to shout out my emotions

i have had many friends go in but this is the last person in the world i would have thought...and it never gets easy

i am not a religious person but all i can say is that he can now fly free and that he carved a notch in my soul...i feel lucky to be able to call him my friend and more

axe

learn to fly in 3d

I heard about this today at square one. I didn't know it was Pops:(:( I never met him but i wish i had. Blue Skys brother.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Blue skies Pops, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Pops had an amazing presence at our dropzone and words can not even express how much he will be missed. I think he looked at all of us as one of kids, and looked after us in that way. He cared so much about everybody.
He was jumping his ass off at the convention, and making many great skydives. I am a believer in everything happens for a reason, this one has me mystified right now.
God Bless
Chrissy

~La La Gang Member #2~

I did not get to meet Pops, but based on Rhino's comments (and others), he obviously was a good guy to have around the DZ and will be missed.

BSBD for Pops ...

To all of those who I got to meet at Rantoul, take care and I hope to meet you again at the next boogie (maybe Couch Freaks, for sure I'll be in Eloy for the Holiday Boogie). I feel a little empty for not jumping with any DZ.COMers this time around, but I'll have to rectify that in the future. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

After seeing everyone from the DZ last night in Ypsi, it reminded me that no matter who you are or where youre from, or how long it's been between your skydives... (mine has been awhile but that's changin' now!) -skydivers are true "family". We were kind of all Pops' kids. He made everyone feel loved and cared about. I have been crying off and on for a few days, but last night, it just felt for the first time that he was really gone. My thoughts and prayers are with my DZ "family" and with Frank's family. He will always be loved, and his memory cherished.

Hopefully someone from our DZ will post more details, but the Celebration of Life party for Pops will be this Friday night at Skydive Tecumseh. Anyone from the DZ, if there is any other info, please post.

To all of you, words are not enough to express our thanks for the heartfelt feelings you have shared about your Pops, my Uncle Frank. Reading your posts have helped me truly see how much his love and compassion have touched others outside our family. Rhino, my sincerest thanks to you for talking with me personally. And you're right -- we all die at some point, but it's how we choose to live that counts. And I believe Uncle Frank lived a full life, one that made him happy; unfortunately, I wish he could have enjoyed it longer. He may have been taken away from us too soon, but all of you can be assured that Pops is watching over all of you in the blue playground.
Again, thank you all so much.
Sincerely,
Brenda

This is addressed to everyone that has expressed their sympathy for the loss of my father.
Thank you all for your support. It has made a rough time a little easier to handle.

My father and I were closer than most. He was my best friend and my hero, as well as my father. Skydiving was our way to kick back and spend some quality time together at our happy place, even if we weren't on the same skydive/load. A lot of the time I was doing Tandems and he was teaching S/L students, but we were still together at the place we loved most.

As everyone at Skydive Tecumseh knows, my mother and I have been in a serious state of shock since the accident. For the past week I've seriously debated taking a long break, away from the sport. Yesterday in honor of my dad, I took to the sky and made a jump. It felt strange with him not being there in body, but I felt him there in spirit. I know that he will be looking down on me every time I jump wishing we could be together.

My mother and I have such a large extended family of skydivers. Everyone at Skydive Tecumseh has shown there love for us, and for Pops. It would have been impossible to get through this without them.

Thank you to all of our Friends at Family.
Blue Skies,

David "junior" Ludvik & Bonnie Ludvik

Dave, I was crying reading your post. It was beautiful. I'm glad knowing how much Pops meant to the skydiving family has helped you through this.
I had wanted with all my heart to be at the DZ yesterday but unfortunately, I am w/o a car at the moment...it's still in the shop. Believe me, I was with you there yesterday in spirit. I know I haven't been around this year, but my heart is always out there with all of you. We'll see you tomorrow- our thoughts are with you.
those who fear nothing may not live...those who fear everything may never live.

Prayers for peace and comfort to Pop's family, to you Rhino, and to all of us. It leaves another scar on us every time this happens. I didn't even know Pops, but there's so much pain in this thread. Peace and comfort to us all, God knows the number of hairs on our heads and none of us are forgotten.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !