Squeak

Disney and Orlando

I have a friend ( ok no i dont, an acquaintance) who is looking at going to Disney world in Fla.
Is Orlando then most convenient place to stay, and if so are there any shuttles running from Orlando to the park??
Anyone have any links or tips
thanks
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have a friend ( ok no i dont, an acquaintance) who is looking at going to Disney world in Fla.
Is Orlando then most convenient place to stay, and if so are there any shuttles running from Orlando to the park??
thanks

Just FYI, it's EXPENSIVE to go to Disney world.

Just go to the tunnel instead. I was there last night!:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

thanks

Just FYI, it's EXPENSIVE to go to Disney world.

Just go to the tunnel instead. I was there last night!:P
thanks for your non help.
My acquaintance is not a jumper nor does she have an interest in the tunnel
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

thanks

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/

Have your friend look at this site..
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

thanks

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/

Have your friend look at this site..

Thank you DD:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

There are shuttles that go straight from the airport to Disney hotels. I've seen a lot of other shuttles, I'm sure some of them go to other hotels. Yes, she should fly into MCO.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

These are people from probably Aussie land and even using google doesn't really answer the questions like a local can. ;)

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

It is less expensive to stay outside the resort but the hassle factor increases alot. It's a PITA to shuttle in and out every day. Food anywhere around the park is a gouge. Disneyworld and thin budget don't mix.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Tell your friend to look into hotels in Lake Buena Vista, thats the actual city that Walt Disney World is in, not Orlando. If your friend decides to stay in downtown Orlando or close to that, its a pretty good hoof to Disney World. Most hotels will have shuttles to the parks. Also tell your friend, to look online for hotel deals because they are definitely out there.

I've gone to Orlando every summer for 6 years and stayed in Lake Buena Vista, Orlando & rented duplex's. The duplex or rent houses are cheaper and both of the ones we stayed in were extremely clean and well taken care of. The downside is that you usually have to book them a few months in advance, they can be a good distance from the attractions and you have to supply your own everything. Towels, soap, shampoo and in some cases even bed sheets. This can be a pain in the ass!! If you're gonna stay in hotel you might as well stay in Lake Buena Vista (Disney's resort) if you are plannng on doing the theme parks. They can be a little expensive but every hotel provides shuttles to and from every Disney theme park so you don't have to deal with driving & paying out the ass to park. Driving on the resort can get a little confusing to. Every hotel we have stayed at on the resort has been 5 star. If your not doing the Disney parks stay in Orlando. Some hotels have shuttles to different non Disney parks, some don't. (Found that out the hard way!) So the worse thing that can happen is you have to drive and pay for parking. I don't know what you plan on doing in Orlando but i hope this helps you a little anyway. I prefer the resort but that's just because i have kids so i really don't have a choice but to go to Disneyworld. Enjoy & see you there in July...Again! :S

Squeak,

V and I just got back from Orlando, took Brett and Melissa down there for a week. We got a 3 bdrm, 2.5 bath condo for under $80 a day. I saw decent, clean motels advertising weekly rates of $140, super cheap.

Disney is actually West of the town of Kissimmee, FL. Orlando is about 10 miles East. All the bargain motels I saw were on W. Irlo Bronson Highway in Kissimmee, just minutes from the main gates, easy to find on Google maps. Many of them had shuttle service to the parks, which can save a lot of $$ on parking ($15 a day or more). PM me if you want me to research a few for your friend.

BTW, Disneyworld is okay, but we prefer Universal Studio's two parks.