Nataly

The best times of your life...

Not long ago, I was given a second chance to live a long and normal life.
It reminded me of two things, 1) each day is precious; don't waste it, and 2) never take what you have for granted (not material items... experiences, family, friends, etc.).

It took us all of eternity to get here and if we're lucky to hit that magic actuarial age of 74; when we leave we're never coming back. When we got here, we were naked and broke and when we leave, we'll be naked and broke. That means the only thing in between are the people with whom we share memories and experiences.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Not long ago, I was given a second chance to live a long and normal life.
It reminded me of two things, 1) each day is precious; don't waste it, and 2) never take what you have for granted (not material items... experiences, family, friends, etc.).

It took us all of eternity to get here and if we're lucky to hit that magic actuarial age of 74; when we leave we're never coming back. When we got here, we were naked and broke and when we leave, we'll be naked and broke. That means the only thing in between are the people with whom we share memories and experiences.

Well said...everyday is a gift ----

For me, life totally changed in the my late 20s, I had a lot of angst and anger through my childhood and younger adulthood. I have definitely chilled over the last 10 years ---- I suppose a large part of it is due to having someone that I share my life with that truly accepts me for who I am...the good, the bad and the ugly --- of course it could just be the boobies too.;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Well, let's see. Ten years ago I was and E-5 stationed on a ship and married to a horribly unhappy woman. I loved my job and the folks that I worked with but hated my home life. I was constantly broke cause she refused to get a job, but spent money like it was going out of style. The best favor that she ever did me was leaving me after 9/11 stating that she couldn't be married to a man in the military while we were at war. I was devastated at the time but looking back it was the greatest thing that could have happened. Since then I have met my wife, enjoy an awesome home life, still satisfied and happy with my job and am looking foward to retiring from the military in a couple of years and moving on to the next challenge. I've taken up skydiving and that makes me happy beyond belief as well as possibly being a future employment opportunity. All in all I'd say that I'm much happier than 10 years ago and I really don't forsee that trend changing in the next ten years or the decade following. Every day is a new challenge and I wake up ready to tackle the world.
Life is short, eat more bacon, have more sex and jump anytime you can!!

If you are constantly looking back over your shoulder you may miss important interesting things out in front of you.

We ought to count our blessings for our good health and that of our family and friends.

Live each day as if it is your last.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Live each day as if it is your last.

And treat everyone as though it's the last time you'll see them.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I can't wait for my 30s. I'm turning 21 in a couple months, and I know I still have a ton of life ahead of me. I love my present and I am excited for the future.

Besides 10 years ago, I was 10 years old. Who wants to be 10 again??

:D:D Oh, I don't know... Your biggest worry was whether you would wake up on time on Saturday to watch the cartoons you liked!! 10 wasn't so bad!! :D

True. You know what's sad? My 10 year old brother has no idea about Saturday morning cartoons. None, the concept doesn't exist for his age group.

The best years of my life was being a kid and being able to watch 3 hours of Looney Tunes on Saturday mornings, including characters like Bugs Bunny, Wiley E Coyote, The Road Runner, Yosemite Sam, Marvin the Martian, Elmer Fudd, etc. and on Sunday mornings I had 3 hours of the Three Stooges. But oh yeah, I played outside a lot in those days too. These days, those classics have all but disappeared. [:/] If I'm lucky, I can catch the Three Stooges on AMC.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I thought my life could not get better in my 20's..now I am 38 and have the best years to come watching my grandson grow up and my babygirl be a momma. Yes, I have lost friends in the years in skydiving, but lessons learned to all hopefully. I am in a wonderful relationship with a man who is not bi-polar, a skygod, or has some serious mental disorder. All is right in my universe and it will continue to get better and better:)

" Mean people SUCK!"

The best years of my life was being a kid and being able to watch 3 hours of Looney Tunes on Saturday mornings, including characters like Bugs Bunny, Wiley E Coyote, The Road Runner, Yosemite Sam, Marvin the Martian, Elmer Fudd, etc. and on Sunday mornings I had 3 hours of the Three Stooges. But oh yeah, I played outside a lot in those days too. These days, those classics have all but disappeared. [:/] If I'm lucky, I can catch the Three Stooges on AMC.

I would have thought the best years of your life are still on their way.
Or do you think your kids wont offer you much ?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I know your life really improved when you met us.:P:D

Seriously, my life is great, and having young adult kids is a great adventure. Still, being a newlywed and those amazing years with young toddlers around the house are hard to beat. I've got great memories and many things to look forward to, so I guess I'm pretty lucky.

Let's see, I'm turning 53 in 1 1/2 hours, I got a feeling the best is yet to come...:)

Welcome aboard. I'm already there. I have to say it depends on who's at your party.;)

Lemme guess; John using V's account again?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

As a youngster, in my wildest dreams I never imagined that I would live this long.

Life has been a radical roller coaster ride.
The good, the bad and the ugly.

I don't know if I can stand any more excitement.
I'm ready for those dream days of margaritas on the beach, 24/7/365.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I've had some good time so far in my life, Im having a good time now and im sure the future will be good as well.
That being said there have also been some pretty shitty hard times in my life, and I'm sure there will be again. But they pass, just like the good times do.
Just gotta keep on keepin on.

well put. :)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

At 20 I was in College and on the U.S. Bobsled & Skeleton team, had a firebird & IROC, my own cabin in Saranac Lake (near Lake Placid,N.Y.) Life was good. BUt, 21 I was married with a child and started skydiving. life got even better. I was able to Return to sledding later and more ready. It's seems every time I think I hit my top height in life another thing comes up. after Bobsledding I started to TRY everything, adventures etc that I got talked into. and life continues to be fun.:)

12 days ago I went to a memorial for a guy that I have known since the 2nd grade; that was not fun.

But I enjoyed you taking the time to meet me in Elsinore for lunch. Thanks. Every day I wake up and both feet hit the floor it’s going to be another great day. I don’t run as hard as I used to but I can still kick dust with the best of them.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Oh, oh! Me!

My problem has always been that when I was 11 life was too tough because of school, when I was 15 it was crappy because of girls, when I was 18 it was crappy because of school, girls and family deaths... Now I'm in my mid-20s and life is hard because of financial commitments, family, girls, and direction.

And as the years go bye it feels as though I should have just appreciated how easy it was back then. Give me ages 10 - 15 again any day, when the biggest problem is girls or school. One just doesn't appreciate the good when it is there and only realizes that it was good when things get worse - at least for me.

Just trying to keep positive and put more focus into the few things that do make me happy.

Oh, oh! Me!

My problem has always been that when I was 11 life was too tough because of school, when I was 15 it was crappy because of girls, when I was 18 it was crappy because of school, girls and family deaths... Now I'm in my mid-20s and life is hard because of financial commitments, family, girls, and direction.

And as the years go bye it feels as though I should have just appreciated how easy it was back then. Give me ages 10 - 15 again any day, when the biggest problem is girls or school. One just doesn't appreciate the good when it is there and only realizes that it was good when things get worse - at least for me.

Just trying to keep positive and put more focus into the few things that do make me happy.

wow. like you read my mind! wierd! :o
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Let's see, I'm turning 53 in 1 1/2 hours, I got a feeling the best is yet to come...:)

Welcome aboard. I'm already there. I have to say it depends on who's at your party.;)

Lemme guess; John using V's account again?:D

:DGood guess!! :S We're on vacation and I forgot to log out and John didn't notice. [:/] Obviously, I'm not that old. B|

I don't know....I thought I was there but I was wrong.
Life from 0-17 sucked. Revolution, war, emigration, divorce, being the only forging kid in an all white town....then at 17 I got lucky. I was an exchange student for one year in South America and life for that one year was AMAZING! :).

Life looked good again when I met and married my x wife :).

And now...I don't know. I think if I had to answer, the best time of my life now is the time I spend with my close friends and the time I spend in freefall. :)
But at the end of the evening when I come home I'm not happy. [:/] So who knows. Maybe one day I will be happy again. I sure hope that day is sooner rather than later. [:/]

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!